Quo Lip Gloss in Sugar Glaze

3.5

on 1/26/2006 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this colour! It is very sexy and it's great if your really trying to focus your makeup on your eyes but you don't want to wear a clear gloss. See, I have really red lips naturally and sometimes it looks like I just ate a cranberry so sometimes I want to dull them down a bit and this is the perfect gloss to do it! Also, it is not waxy and your hair doesn't stick to it (you long-haired gals know exactly what I'm talking about!)

This is a a pale golden beige, which looks similar to Revlon Toast to Shine Super Lustrous lip gloss, but this one is lighter and also has a gold ''sheen''. It has a subtle metallic finish if that makes sense. Very pretty color in the tube. Very bleh shade on my lips. It was too pale and I am PPP!! I usually wear very pale beige lipstick/lipgloss but this one is way too pale & frosty.

I like the packaging though: the rectangle tube is clear and it has a silver cap. Clean, classy packaging.

My biggest complaint is the consistency. It's sticky and thick like hell. Almost like a styling hair paste. Not really comfortable on bare lips. And moreover, I don't like the smell/taste, it's too synthetic. For the price (almost 13 $CND - althought I got mine for 10.35), it should be better. Won't purchase any of these glosses again. Most Quo products are overpriced IMHO. continued >>