BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid - Opal

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid - Opal
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector 'Opal'Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector IngredientsBecca Shimmering Skin Perfector 'Opal'

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana Witch (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile minerale, Glucose, Fructose, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Alcohol Denat, Dextrin, Sucrose, Urea, Propylparaben, BHT, Hexyl Nicotinate, Glutamic Acide, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Butylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). May contain/peut contenir [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Mica.

on 7/16/2018 4:05:00 PM

This gives a really lovely healthy looking sheen on the skin! It's very creamy and doesn't clinge on dry skin patches.

But... did no one else notice that this is exactly the same as Kryolan's "Shimmering Event Foundation" that has been around for forever? The ingredients are the same. I had the color "pearl" from Kryolan for YEARS. I don't know, if Becca copied it or if Kryolan produces those for them.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

My skin colour matches Mac NC 40 and I use this on cheekbones and set with powder for a workday spent under the flourescent white lights of the office.
It's ideal for a subtle gleam that doesn't leave tide marks when blended - if you're looking for something that bounces off a selfie, finds 2,000 likes on Instagram or can be seen from space, look elsewhere. There are plenty of very shimmery highlighters around.
Opal is glowy, the kind that disappears into the skin and shows up on the sides of the face as a softlight, rather than upfront as a gleam.
The texture is thin but not runny. Blot if you think you'll get oily through the day.
Set with a matte powder if you want to look like the glow is shining through your skin, rather than sitting on top of it.
Or set with a powder highlighter (I use a champagne eyeshadow) if you want a brighter intensity for the evening.
I was wondering if it would be too light - it isn't. But I'm not excited about the doe-foot applicator. There should be a better way to deliver the product. maybe a sponge-tipped pen or a cushioned tube. everyone's blending with their fingers at some point and we'd rather not waste product by transferring too much on our fingertips.

on 4/10/2018 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

During the day I use this under my foundation for a glow as it acts like a illuminating primer. On a night out I tend to use it to highlight before using powder and I always get compliments. Leaves me with such a natural beautiful glow because my face is quite dull usually.

BE CAREFUL OF PACKAGING- I dropped my makeup bag on the floor sadly and the bottom of the tube broke, still able to use it though as I put it back in the box it came in and so it doesn't leak anymore.

on 1/9/2018 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

All time favourite highlighter. Gives such a natural glow, and isnt glittery or shimmery which is love!
I like to wear it on it's own for my daily makeup, just on my cheekbones, nose, and under my brows. Just use my fingers and pat it out, or for an even more natural look, blend it out with a beauty blender.
If I want a heavier look, I layer it under a powder highlighter to amp it up!
Works well under foundation too, apply all over the face for a dewy finish.

A little also goes a long way with this product. I only have the mini tube but its lasted me almost a year with daily use now.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is so much more natural than the powders. I love layering this under the powder for added effect at night, but during the day this gives a subtle "lit from within" glow.

on 9/14/2017 9:21:00 AM

I have light-medium skin tone with huge pores and a few blemishes on my skin. This liquid has been a lifesaver for me. One thin layer before foundation (as a primer) blurs out all my imperfections and adds a radiance to my skin. It looks beautiful under foundation and over foundation (as a highlighter). Super natural and glowy.

on 8/7/2017 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When I finally bought into the Becca hype, a 0.2 oz deluxe sample size of the Shimmering Skin Perfector came with my purchase at Ulta. I have to say, out of the Becca products I purchased, this freebie was the one I kept grabbing for in my daily makeup application! This sample lasted me a good month, too. What I do is squeeze a pea-sized amount and a bit of Maybelline Fit Me foundation on the back of my hand, take a buffing brush, and buff the mix of the two all over my face for a really natural-but-ethereal finish. It looks so good in the mirror, in-person, and on camera! I'll layer on some of the Pressed Powder in Opal for major dimensional cheeks, but the jarring Instagram drag highlight isn't the look I go for on a regular basis.

I would buy the 0.68oz SSP for $19, but I wouldn't shell out the $41 for the 1.7oz unless it was priced a little lower, at say, maybe $36? At that point anyway, it's the price of a luxury brand foundation.

Mixed in, this makes $10 drugstore foundation perform like $50 foundation!

I love the product.

I bought it at my local Sephora in the shade Opal as I find it a bit more natural than the famous C POP. it has a very light scent which reminds me of sun protection lotions.

I think for mixing with foundation (I used it with BareSkin by Bare Minerals, but maybe with a very matte foundation it works fine!), the luminous primer would be better. the way I apply this is: after my foundation and concealer I extend it all over my checks and then I start with my powders, contouring, blush, etc. For more intensity, I put some powder glow in the same opal or C POP shade on top. Do not put contour and blush first or it will make a mess(needless to say, first cream/liquid, then, powders ;))

The packaging is good especially because of the pump. That prevents the air from getting in contact with the liquid inside which would contaminate it.

The product stayed flawless all day (also because of the powder glow on top of it).
The brand is cruelty-free which is important for me and I believe for many others.

on 6/25/2017 8:29:00 PM

I got a sample of this as a GWP with my Becca bronzer and I was hooked. These two products were my introduction to Becca and they have transformed my look. I only need a tiny bit of this, which I run over my palms and fingers and blend on my cheeks and down the center of my face, right over my sunscreen. I concentrate it a bit around my nose, as it seems to have some priming effects. Then I use my regular Tarte foundation, only less of it than I used before. I do need to blend it quite well, as the SSP leaves a bit of a tacky finish. (I really need to try a Beauty Blender one of these days!) instead of the Tarte finishing powder I previously use, I put a few swipes of Becca bronzer over top and I am as close to a glowing goddess as I can be😀 This stuff is worth the high price tag!

on 5/28/2017 2:46:00 PM

holy allergic reaction batman :( my face flushed and prickled, throat got sore and I felt warm all over within minutes of putting it on, which is a shame bc it looked lovely :(