BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid - Opal

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid - Opal
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector 'Opal'Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector IngredientsBecca Shimmering Skin Perfector 'Opal'

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana Witch (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile minerale, Glucose, Fructose, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Alcohol Denat, Dextrin, Sucrose, Urea, Propylparaben, BHT, Hexyl Nicotinate, Glutamic Acide, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Butylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). May contain/peut contenir [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Mica.

on 1/6/2019 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For reference- I have dry, textured skin with large pores around my nose and cheeks, and some mild hormonal acne.

I've been using this product consistently for about 3 years and I have no intentions of stopping. It's the perfect liquid highlight- it gives you a gorgeous natural glow without looking shimmery or glittery. I'm not a fan of the Becca powder highlighters because I think they show my texture too much and are a bit too shimmery, but the liquid form just makes my skin look fresh and smooth and dewy. It mixes well with a lot of foundations without changing their texture too much. You could also mix this with a moisturizer to use as a sort of luminous primer before foundation. I like to use this as a spot highlighter after foundation, but it's nice to have some versatility to the product. When used as a spot highlight it lasts about 6-8 hours before it starts to fade.

I also love all the different formats/sizes they sell this in- you're not locked into a full-size that will take years to use up. When I first tried this product I bought a mini set with the Opal powder and liquid. The liquid came in a little doe-foot applicator, and it makes it so easy to cleanly apply product without accidentally pumping out too much or getting it on your hands. Now I buy the $20 smaller squeeze tubes and keep re-filling the doe foot tube when it runs out. While it's more cost effective to buy the full size, I like that the doe foot is cleaner to apply and a lot easier to travel with.

on 12/31/2018 11:33:00 AM

I love this, more than I expected to. I'm still a little wary of highlighting/glow products because of oily skin and I'm never really sure if I've got the placement/technique down right. When I received this I thought it might be a touch too warm/orange-y for my skin (NW20), but when mixed in with a moisturizer I think it works well. I add just a drop or two to a dollop of my face moisturizer and spread it on my face, and it gives a slight blurring/glow effect. Not over the top or unnatural looking. I do wish the pump was a little better, because it does shoot out more product than I typically like to use. I think it *might* make my skin a little oilier than usual, but I usually have to blot anyway throughout the day so it's not a big deal.

on 12/26/2018 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this highlighter as a free sample and I gotta say, I'm impressed.
It gives your skin a natural and healthy looking lit-from-within glow. I don't like the pump on this product as it dispenses too much product at once.

on 7/16/2018 4:05:00 PM

This gives a really lovely healthy looking sheen on the skin! It's very creamy and doesn't clinge on dry skin patches.

But... did no one else notice that this is exactly the same as Kryolan's "Shimmering Event Foundation" that has been around for forever? The ingredients are the same. I had the color "pearl" from Kryolan for YEARS. I don't know, if Becca copied it or if Kryolan produces those for them.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

My skin colour matches Mac NC 40 and I use this on cheekbones and set with powder for a workday spent under the flourescent white lights of the office.
It's ideal for a subtle gleam that doesn't leave tide marks when blended - if you're looking for something that bounces off a selfie, finds 2,000 likes on Instagram or can be seen from space, look elsewhere. There are plenty of very shimmery highlighters around.
Opal is glowy, the kind that disappears into the skin and shows up on the sides of the face as a softlight, rather than upfront as a gleam.
The texture is thin but not runny. Blot if you think you'll get oily through the day.
Set with a matte powder if you want to look like the glow is shining through your skin, rather than sitting on top of it.
Or set with a powder highlighter (I use a champagne eyeshadow) if you want a brighter intensity for the evening.
I was wondering if it would be too light - it isn't. But I'm not excited about the doe-foot applicator. There should be a better way to deliver the product. maybe a sponge-tipped pen or a cushioned tube. everyone's blending with their fingers at some point and we'd rather not waste product by transferring too much on our fingertips.

on 4/10/2018 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

During the day I use this under my foundation for a glow as it acts like a illuminating primer. On a night out I tend to use it to highlight before using powder and I always get compliments. Leaves me with such a natural beautiful glow because my face is quite dull usually.

BE CAREFUL OF PACKAGING- I dropped my makeup bag on the floor sadly and the bottom of the tube broke, still able to use it though as I put it back in the box it came in and so it doesn't leak anymore.

on 1/9/2018 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

All time favourite highlighter. Gives such a natural glow, and isnt glittery or shimmery which is love!
I like to wear it on it's own for my daily makeup, just on my cheekbones, nose, and under my brows. Just use my fingers and pat it out, or for an even more natural look, blend it out with a beauty blender.
If I want a heavier look, I layer it under a powder highlighter to amp it up!
Works well under foundation too, apply all over the face for a dewy finish.

A little also goes a long way with this product. I only have the mini tube but its lasted me almost a year with daily use now.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is so much more natural than the powders. I love layering this under the powder for added effect at night, but during the day this gives a subtle "lit from within" glow.

on 9/14/2017 9:21:00 AM

I have light-medium skin tone with huge pores and a few blemishes on my skin. This liquid has been a lifesaver for me. One thin layer before foundation (as a primer) blurs out all my imperfections and adds a radiance to my skin. It looks beautiful under foundation and over foundation (as a highlighter). Super natural and glowy.

on 8/7/2017 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When I finally bought into the Becca hype, a 0.2 oz deluxe sample size of the Shimmering Skin Perfector came with my purchase at Ulta. I have to say, out of the Becca products I purchased, this freebie was the one I kept grabbing for in my daily makeup application! This sample lasted me a good month, too. What I do is squeeze a pea-sized amount and a bit of Maybelline Fit Me foundation on the back of my hand, take a buffing brush, and buff the mix of the two all over my face for a really natural-but-ethereal finish. It looks so good in the mirror, in-person, and on camera! I'll layer on some of the Pressed Powder in Opal for major dimensional cheeks, but the jarring Instagram drag highlight isn't the look I go for on a regular basis.

I would buy the 0.68oz SSP for $19, but I wouldn't shell out the $41 for the 1.7oz unless it was priced a little lower, at say, maybe $36? At that point anyway, it's the price of a luxury brand foundation.

Mixed in, this makes $10 drugstore foundation perform like $50 foundation!