Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

3.1

It's been years since I've tried self tanners, so I can't really compare this to what the others are currently like. I'd imagine the self tanners have improved from the time I first tried them. I purchased this to help disguise flaws on my pale skin. If anything, this made my ingrown hairs/hair follicles more noticeable. I find self tanners kind of annoying to use in general. I will not be repurchasing this. I will say the tan does last really well.

I have fairly light skin I can't remember if it's an nc-20 or what. After one application within an hour I have a nice light tan comma after second application I have a nice darker tan and I'm using the medium intensity number two. The scent I find very pleasant it doesn't smell like a chemical and it did not turn me orange period I've applied it before I plan out it's not transferred on my clothes and it's not tacky to the touch nor do my hands turn orange. huge plus there. I would definitely buy it again and I'm hoping it's not discontinued as I did find it on a discontinued shelf for only $2 I bought all they had

on 8/24/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have a love and hate relationship with this self tanner. I liked the color I got from using it but I hate that it comes out streaky sometimes. If you accidently spray too much in one spot, it will show up and its very noticable.
I like the color it gave me (I have naturally olive skin tone) But I wanted to get a little bit darker. This product helped me get a bit darker just it comes out streaky which I didn't like.
I'm still searching for a better product, I was kindof disapointed about it too. I bought it at target for about $9.00 it does a pretty good job, I just don't fancy the whole streaking part of it.
I might buy this product again...but I'm still searching for a better product.
But overall, it does a pretty good job..just be careful when applying it..I mean be VERY careful! aha

on 7/7/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I read so many good reviews about this and my sister-in-law had a good experience with it that I was jazzed to use it. I showered, exfoliated, lotioned ankles, knees and elbows, covered my hair and went in my shower to apply. It mists out really nicely and I thought wow this is super easy it's going to be my new favorite color. It dried well and I even gave it an hour or so to soak in before going to bed. I woke up in the morning excited to see my color and was horrified to see HUGE STREAKS. And they weren't even "mist" looking streaks, there were definitive LINES in the weirdest areas. I wavered between trying to reapply or just waiting it out. I opted for waiting it out and it has taken more than a week for the patches to go away and they faded horribly. I'm not sure what happened. I was super careful to make sure that I applied it everywhere and evenly, but it showed up in some areas and not in others. Big disappointment.

This product gives great, instant color but I had a hard time applying it evenly. I would get these really dark circles on my legs, showing where I screwed up, which was pretty often. I'm sure there are other products that give great color and are easier to apply.. I will not be using this again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I liked the idea of the spray bottle, but I don't feel that it gets evenly distributed. Also it doesn't make me look very dark at all and makes my skin look dry after I use it. I much prefer the regular Jergen's and Jergen's express daily glow moisturizer since it gives the same or more colour but is actually better for my skin because of the lotion in it.

on 9/21/2009 10:17:00 PM

When I used this, it seemed as though everyone knew it was fake tanning product on my skin. It was embarrassing and of course I had to admit that it was. It takes forever to dry, and the smell isn't the best smell out there.. even though my boyfriend did like it, he wasn't too attracted to the orange-ness of it. I like it anyway, just because I prefer the self tanning spray instead of lotion. It's worth giving it a try, and I'd recommend it to most people.

I haven't used self tanner in years, but being that I'm in Chicago and I never seem to see the sun, I figured what the hell? I like this product. I probably have to try it again to get the technique down, but the color is subtle and not overly dark, which is good. After all, I can't go from glow in the dark white to bright bronze overnight!!! I would repurchase! It doesn't smell great, but after a shower the following day, you can't smell that fake tanner smell anymore. Give it a try!

on 9/16/2008 12:10:00 AM

I'll definitely repurchase this, again and again.
I actually have this in DEEP, 3 Shades Darker, and I'm not fair, but I'm far from tanned, and the deep shade has worked very, very well for me -- it doesn't get exactly 3 shades darker per se, unless you spray it repeatedly over the hours, until you reach the desired tone. I sprayed twice very lightly on my legs--the tip is to RUB IT IN!--and I've reached exactly the shade I wanted. It looks incredibly natural; no streaks, no orange hands or legs and most of all, no hassels!!

This is the first spray-tanner I've used, and I can't believe I've never discovered these before I did the lotion forms. Compared to lotions, Micromist is SO much easier to apply, offers natural-looking, lovely tans. I'm not sure of the lasting power, as I've just applied it this morning and haven't showered in it yet. If it DOES last through a shower, without a doubt, this will be my HG self-tanner of all time.

on 7/18/2008 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this. The spray is nice, and yes, is "micro-mist". Its clear, smells alright..a little chemically and when dried, and little like that infamous self-tan smell. I love the color you get with this. It looks like a real tan..not brown, not orange. Dont expect to look like a Kardashian, but you wont look like an Oompa Loompa either. I got Medium but would probably get Deep next time, b/c the medium has taken me several applications to get good color. I dont think its easy to do your back side like Neutrogena claims, you still need help just as if it were a lotion. I apply this in my bathroom while standing on a towel. I notice that after applying it and leaving my bathroom, Ill go back in a few minutes later and it reeks of self tanner or chemicals. Also, after spraying it alot, I start to feel like its in my throat from breathing it in so much.

Bottom Line: A bit smelly, hard to apply to back side, not greasy, awesome color!