By Terry Baume de Rose

By Terry Baume de Rose
Baume de Rose

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Avobenzone (3%) Inactive Ingredients: castor seed oil, synthetic wax, diisostearyl malate tridecyl trimellitate, methyl hydrogenated rosinate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, C10-30 cholesterol/lanesterol esters, petrolatum, shea butter extract, stearalkonium hectorite, C20-40 acid, caprilic/capric triglyceride, fragrance, tocopherol, rosa centifolia flower wax, rosa damascena flower wax, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, lanolin, sodium pca, water, polysorbate 85, trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl myristyl ether, alumina, polyhydroxystearic acid, silica, methylparaben, silica dimethyl silylate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, butylene glycol, mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben

This smells great and has a beautiful texture but just sits on the lips without moisturizing. I prefer aquphor over this.

on 3/6/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's just a okey product, nothing special. Very overpriced and my nuxe balme does a better job.

on 2/17/2017 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've worn By Terry's Baume de Rose for years and absolutely love it; I put it on my lips and cuticles before bed. The scent is lovely, the product isn't at all sticky, and it is very emollient. While a jar is a bit pricey, it lasts forever!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm having a love affair with this balm right now. My lips are horrendous in the winter. They're dry, chapped, flakey and honestly just embarrassing. I was actually scared of laughing because My lips would split and bleed. I've tried medicated lip salves, Vaseline, Nuxe and nothing's been as good as this. It's got a lovely smooth, creamy texture that instantly feels calming. I'm not a fan of rose based scents and this definitely is VERY rosey but I love it. It's not overpowering or pungent it's natural and sweet. It's instantly hydrating and nourishing and provides an elasticity that natural healthy young lips have.
Downsides: It's expensive... and you end up using a lot of it. I feel like I need to reapply this a few times a day atleast. Perhaps my lips have become so used to this if I leave them without any application they get very very dry straight away. Also you are aware of the product. It's not sticky or slippery it's dense formula means you can't get away with forgetting that you've applied a product.
This is definitely going to be a HG for me.

on 11/4/2016 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is an absolute HG product for me. I have always had full lips but as I have aged my lips developed lines and are wrinkled and dry (probably from years of using lip sticks). My lips are also pigmented but are uneven in coloring and when they are dry they look awful. I love lip balms. I have so many and I use them for all different thinks: matt balms for under L/S, Shiny balms for daytime wear on their own, thick balms for evening or cold weather, balm for when I work out, balms in tubes, balms in liquid, in jars, etc. But no matter what I always repurchase Baume De Rose. I keep it at my bedside. It is the last thing I put on before I go to bed. It has a luxurious dense balm texture. It is a gorgeous soft pink color that goes on clear and has an amazing vanilla-rose scent. I love the frosted glass jar with the gold twist off top. But the most fabulous thing about this balm is that it stays on my lips all night. I wake up with full hydrated lips. I have allergies so I am a “mouth breather” when I am sleeping, which really dries out my lips. With every other balm I have tried, I will wake up in the middle of the night with dry lips and have to reapply lip balm. But with BDR I can still feel the balm on in the morning. At $60 USD it is expensive but because I only use it at night (and do not need to reapply) it lasts me for months at a time. I have been using this product for years and I love it.

I see why this balm is so talked about. It has a very unique texture, it is not a balm, not a gloss, but something in between. This balm feels luxurious, thick and lovely smelling, but does not offer any of the benefits of a lip balm. It does not moisturise and it actually slightly dries the lips after few uses. It feels slightly sticky on the lips, which I personally do not like. Honestly, it is not worth even half the price it is sold for.

Overhyped cult product. Not much to say other than the balm is on par with lip balms in the $25 range, definitely not worth $60. Top 3 ingredients are castor seed oil, synthetic wax, and tridecyl trimellitate. Personally prefer Nuxe potted balm and fresh tinted balms

on 3/1/2016 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is amazing! My lips are softer and look more plump than ever after a long and cold winter. I have never experienced such a difference with any lip balm before.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm a huge lip balm junkie so of course I had to try this cult favorite! I'm typically leery of cult favorites because they're doomed to underperform after so much hype. Honestly, I never thought anything would be better than my Christioan Dior Creme De Rose, until I started using this. The rose scent is much nicer and expensive smelling and the texture is simply gorgeous. Due to its unique texture, I find that it last much longer than other balms and the hydration is second to none. A little trick I like is to dab some on my cheeks for a nice dewy look.

One disappointment is that I didn't like it for my cuticles. I was excited about that selling point, however it's simply too thick and feels strange on the nails.

Overall, I have to give this an A+

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

It's nice, but it doesn't justify the price.
I love the scent, rose is my favourite and it's not too strong, but the texture of this just feels incredibly waxy. It doesn't feel nourishing, more like a barrier over my lips, which cheaper balms do just as well. It stays on me for about an hour, which is longer than most balms, but for the cost, I'd rather apply a cheaper one a little more often.
I've been using it for about a month and I haven't noticed a difference between this and my AU$6 one.
After all the hype this received, I'm disappointed.
Also, for everyone worried about putting their fingers in the pot, they make this in a tube, like a lipgloss with a wand, or you can do what I do and use a lip brush in the jar. I just scoop a little out and spread it over my lips. Just remember to clean your brush to protect your product from growing bacteria.