By Terry Baume de Rose

By Terry Baume de Rose

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Avobenzone (3%) Inactive Ingredients: castor seed oil, synthetic wax, diisostearyl malate tridecyl trimellitate, methyl hydrogenated rosinate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, C10-30 cholesterol/lanesterol esters, petrolatum, shea butter extract, stearalkonium hectorite, C20-40 acid, caprilic/capric triglyceride, fragrance, tocopherol, rosa centifolia flower wax, rosa damascena flower wax, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, lanolin, sodium pca, water, polysorbate 85, trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl myristyl ether, alumina, polyhydroxystearic acid, silica, methylparaben, silica dimethyl silylate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, butylene glycol, mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben

I see why this balm is so talked about. It has a very unique texture, it is not a balm, not a gloss, but something in between. This balm feels luxurious, thick and lovely smelling, but does not offer any of the benefits of a lip balm. It does not moisturise and it actually slightly dries the lips after few uses. It feels slightly sticky on the lips, which I personally do not like. Honestly, it is not worth even half the price it is sold for.

Overhyped cult product. Not much to say other than the balm is on par with lip balms in the $25 range, definitely not worth $60. Top 3 ingredients are castor seed oil, synthetic wax, and tridecyl trimellitate. Personally prefer Nuxe potted balm and fresh tinted balms

To Read all 109 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/1/2016 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is amazing! My lips are softer and look more plump than ever after a long and cold winter. I have never experienced such a difference with any lip balm before.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm a huge lip balm junkie so of course I had to try this cult favorite! I'm typically leery of cult favorites because they're doomed to underperform after so much hype. Honestly, I never thought anything would be better than my Christioan Dior Creme De Rose, until I started using this. The rose scent is much nicer and expensive smelling and the texture is simply gorgeous. Due to its unique texture, I find that it last much longer than other balms and the hydration is second to none. A little trick I like is to dab some on my cheeks for a nice dewy look.

One disappointment is that I didn't like it for my cuticles. I was excited about that selling point, however it's simply too thick and feels strange on the nails.

Overall, I have to give this an A+

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

It's nice, but it doesn't justify the price.
I love the scent, rose is my favourite and it's not too strong, but the texture of this just feels incredibly waxy. It doesn't feel nourishing, more like a barrier over my lips, which cheaper balms do just as well. It stays on me for about an hour, which is longer than most balms, but for the cost, I'd rather apply a cheaper one a little more often.
I've been using it for about a month and I haven't noticed a difference between this and my AU$6 one.
After all the hype this received, I'm disappointed.
Also, for everyone worried about putting their fingers in the pot, they make this in a tube, like a lipgloss with a wand, or you can do what I do and use a lip brush in the jar. I just scoop a little out and spread it over my lips. Just remember to clean your brush to protect your product from growing bacteria.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a By Terry fan, but this is one 'cult' product that disappoints me. My lips tend to be dehydrated and lines appear over the course of the day. Most lipsticks dry out my lips. So, I'm on the hunt for a smoothing, plumping, nourishing balm. By Terry's Baume de Rose did not do the job. Pros: delicate pinky pearl sheen on the lips, feels moisturising and plumping, luxurious packaging. Cons: very expensive and over-priced, initial effects don't last, good cheaper alternatives available at drugstore.

Years ago, I would read good reviews of this lip balm. Finally, it was sold at Sephora, but every time I went to Sephora, it was always sold out and I never had a chance to buy it. Then Sephora stopped selling By Terry and to come to think of it, every product was always sold out and I rarely was able to buy anything. The foundation colors were too dark and there were not much left to purchase and was lucky only once to be able to buy the liquid blush, which turned out to be a real dream and lasted a long time.

Finally, I got my hands on By Terry Baume de Rose. This balm is thick as paste and is not shiny on the lips compared to lip gloss, vaseline, and those Bonne Bell lip balms. I wouldn't say Baume de Rose is matt, it has a pearlized color to it and give the illusion that your lips look more plump, but has nothing in its ingredient, like mint or something that make your lips look fuller. This balm is certainly not designed to be noticed on the lips, but again, adding the illusion of smooth, fuller look of lip and perfect base for lipstick.

The packaging is in a tiny jar with a cute silver lid that has the allure of elegance. I don't think the jar packing is meant to be carried in your purse, but something to have on your vanity to smooth out your lips and have that natural look, but prettier since it has the pearlized color.

As for the scent. It is very light and I don't get the impression it is a chemical formulated rose scent but a natural one from a rose essential oil and this is probably why the scent does not linger.
I have not noticed any taste of this balm and it doesn't feel heavy on the lips.

This balm is fairly new to me, but I think this jar will last me up to two years. I may purchase a second one to keep at work to keep my cuticles smooth and would repurchase again once I run out.

The scent gives me an instant headache. Packaging is okay but nothing special for the price..

on 8/2/2015 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This thing is toooo OVER price!

I had my eye on this after reading all the good reviews about it. I told myself I have to buy and try it! HUGE disappointment. I was hesitated to purchase this at the first place because of the packing, I do not like stick my finger in every time, so I have to use a plastic sticker. Due to unpractical application, I have to leave this at home.

Secondly, I cannot stand the taste of it. The rose smell is nice, but as a lip product, I cannot avoid having a bit taste in my mouth. It tastes like chemical. After applying it, I had to avoid drinking water!

Thirdly, it does not moister the lip as many other lip balm does and it doesn't last either.

I think I was crazy spending AU$80 on this! Now I only use it for cuticles.

My favourite lip balm is a Korean brand - Sulwhasoo

on 7/10/2015 11:00:00 AM

The best lip balm on the market!! I have tried them all...Creme de la mer, all of them this is by far the best!!! Will always buy again and again

Popular Lip Treatments