no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

5 years ago

Just like all the other reviews, this is nothing special and doesn't contain high enough concentration of active ingredients to work. You can get the same efficacy with neutrogena. The price is too high for what it is. This is just an overpriced gel cleanser. Washes clean, no discernible scent. Unless you are a massive fan of this brand, for the price you can get something much better. To be honest, I found it hard to finish the full size, so i used it as makeup brush shampoo instead, does a decent job at that!

About reviewer (689 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

1.0

6 years ago

I received this product free from my sister last year and loved it instantly. It was different, expensive and something that differed from my Neutogena which was doing nothing. The product leaves your face feeling "clean", however it doesn't remove any makeup, just oil. And I agree with other users that it leaves a film, that doesn't really rinse off. I ran out of it and invested in the bottle myself because I thought it was the only cleanser that worked . Now I had acne. But it had gotten consistently worse ever freaking week....I thought I had cystic acne. I thought it was the benzyl peroxide. I thought it was my moisturizers. I thought it was the tretonin. I thought I had bed bugs. I thought it was my diet... It didn't make sense. I tried so many different combinations,and every week I would get pimples. HUGE ones, sometimes in a row, big red bumps.Often whiteheads and filled with grossness. And it made no sense, why I would always get these pus filled bumps. (sorry for the details). I went on here and read the reviews. One reviewer that was in Tokyo mentioned skin purging, and BAM. I realized that the only thing that I hadn't changed in the past 1.5 yrs was the cleanser. I usually am smarter than this, but I just figured that it was helping me.. So I stopped using it and now have no more breakouts. Thank God. I have to deal with all of the dark spots on my face now from months and months of huge pimples. My skin is dark so it really shows, but I would rather cover the spots with makeup than attempt to hide the pimples because I never could. I say use cautiously if you dare and be careful.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Kinky, Fine

1.0
from

6 years ago

I've been using Skinceuticals Simply Clean cleanser for over a year now for my sensitive/combination skin, and am really happy with it. So far it's been the best cleanser I've ever used. Very effective at cleansing without stripping. I concentrate on my t-zone area rather than my cheeks. It saved me this past summer in the high humidity and pollution. The hydroxy acid has really helped my skin even out by gently exfoliating and evening it out. Update 8/7/2014: I've since stopped using this as it was too harsh on my dry/sensitive cheeks and forehead. I moved on to Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel with twice weekly use of the Dermalogica Multivitamin Thermofoliant to even out my skin tone and prevent T-zone breakouts. Update 12/29/2015: It's been confirmed that I have a sensitivity (possible allergy) to any acids. Moved this down to 1 lippie in my case. Will never purchase again.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

I've been using this cleanser for years and I love it. Makes my skin feel fresh and not stripped of oils. I use it with my clarisonic and I feel clean everytime.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBlack

3.0

7 years ago

Did not finish the first bottle... Well i cannot say it is a bad product. I would say it can be good for normal skin, or any other skin type probably. But not oily! It is nothing special ...

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

7 years ago

The Skinceuticals Simply Clean gel can be used on normal, combination or oily skin. For thirty-three dollars this cleanser was a waste of money. Yes, it cleans your skin - but I did not notice anything different between this product and any other cleanser I have used for oily skin.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

I felt compelled to write a review about this cleanser as it extremely well formulated and does a great job of cleansing the skin without causing irritation. This cleanser was thorough enough to remove make up but did not leave the skin stripped of its natural oils. I have acne prone skin with is sensitive so it is extremely hard to find skin care products which are suitable for my daily cleansing needs. I have used La Roche Posay Physiological cleansing gel for the last couple of year with great results and I am very happy to have found an alternative which works just as good. Good to be able to switch when one gets bored. This one is more expensive though. I took 1 point off for the price. 30 Eur. is a bit much for a cleanser of the Apothecary class.

About reviewer (546 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

8 years ago

This has been my favourite cleanser for awhile now. I have oily skin and it makes my face feel clean and refreshed every time, without stripping it or leaving it dry. It does the job of a deep pore cleanser without being harsh :)

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I bought this after a recommendation from my dermatologist. I've been using it for just over three months and so far it's been doing a good job. It hasn't broken me out and it works great with my oily skin. I live in a fairly warm and humid climate so I need a stronger/not so moisturizing cleanser. This is one of the strongest cleansers I have ever used. Even though I have very oily skin there are those rare days where even my skin feels tight and a little too clean. I will definitely be getting a milder version for the winter months. The packaging is pretty good; it comes in a clear plastic pump bottle which means you can see all the product and wont end up wasting any.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Fine

from

10 years ago

Love this. A great cleanser that doesn't leave my combination skin feeling dry or tight. Contains hydroxy acids to exfoliate, leaving my skin smooth and soft. Very good product!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinOther, Other