Quo Holiday 2004 Mini Lip Gloss Set (12)

No Image

on 1/5/2005 5:53:00 PM

I was so disappointed in this product. I read the reviews for the 203 and it sounded great. I find these have no scent to them what so ever and it says on the back they are suppose to. Unless of course my nose is outta whack. That was a lot of the reason why I bought them. I love the packaging, which is why I scored it higher. I bought them on sale, $13.49. I would not pay full price for it though. Very disappointed.

I already have last year's set, but I just had to get this year's too. This year's has no cake batter smell :( in fact, the glosses smell like nothing. This year's also has more browns and neutrals and no chunky glitter :) In general I like these mostly for their packaging - so incredibly small and cute. Staying power is not that great, and there is not a lot of shine. But I really like these because you can try 12 different colours for only $14.99. And these look a lot like the Lola and Sugar mini sets - which sell for a lot more.

on 12/25/2004 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This set was a bit of a disappointment b/c the yummy cake batter smell was omitted this year. However, I still love it. Initially when I saw it, I thought the colours were too dark and brown. But the shades are sheer and quite wearable a on my Asian MMM complexion. It was on sale this week for $14.99 from $18. It took me a visit to store #4 to find one. These are the colours:

1) clear
9)brick red w/ gold shimmer
10)medium berry
11)currant
12)mauvy lavender

The formulation is smooth and sheer. Moot of the colours have shimmer. There isn't any glitter like last year's version. I love this set because it's so versatile.

on 12/24/2004 2:41:00 AM

How fun is this little sampler set??? There are 12 super-mini lip glosses in a variety of wearable-for-everyone shades from a clear gloss, to opal pink, to plummy pink, to warm-red, to brown to gold! The lipglosses go on sheer but pigmented. The texture is not sticky and there is no perfumey smell or taste! Quo glosses are apparently known for their delicious cake-batter scent, but to be honest, I can't smell a darn thing (which is actually a bonus). The biggest thrill is that you could so easily throw the entire collection in your teeny-tiny purse and still have room for several large appliances. I wish the glosses had a more of a shiny finish (like Lancome's Juicy Tubes). Also, what's with the absolutely no sparkles? At least a couple of them could have sparkles, no? Still, the cuteness factor alone is well worth the $15.00 Cdn. This is easily the most fun cosmetics purchase I've made in a while! **BOTTOMLINE** Nice sampler of some fun lip glosses. Can't go wrong.