3.5

$9.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

a year ago

Cons: It's a shame talc is the first ingredient in this powder. I know that's common for a powder, but the breakouts I got from this were pretty terrible! If you're very acne-prone (like me), I do not rec. This claims to control oil, which it kind of does...but it's not an amazing difference. Pros: The shades for yellow/warm undertones are on point! I am caramel colored with very golden undertones, and the w7 caramel beige matched perfectly! I would use the super blendable concealer in medium/deep warm w6-7-8 with a dusting of the powder...looked really natural with light to medium coverage. I like a quick and natural look for everyday, so light to medium coverage worked for me. The powder lasts a long time so I would say the price is reasonable. The packaging was also easy to travel with and comes with an applicator, but it applies best with a full powder brush. I really liked this powder, but the breakouts from this were too terrible to continue use...will have to keep looking for a talc free, yellow undertoned powder.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

a year ago

This product made me so confused. I spent a long time researching the right shade for me and I bought the Neutral Natural Buff N3. The product came and the shade was so "perfect" and matched my skin so well that I could barely see it on my face. I'm not sure if that's how a perfect shade is supposed to work since I never felt like I found my best shade in other foundations, but it had little to no coverage and I needed to apply many layers in order to really see its presence, perhaps why I finished the container so fast. The coverage only allowed me to use it to just even out my skin tone a little bit, really. Am I doing something wrong here? Is it just a regular setting powder with different shades and I misunderstood it as a powder foundation? Well I think I just had an epiphany then. Sorry, changed the rating from two to three stars. Welp, excuse me. Anyway, I unfortunately did not pay particular attention to how well it controlled my shine (although probably not spectacular), but after giving up on it as a foundation that provided coverage I did use it solely and oh-wow-actually-correctly as a powder to mattify my face after applying sunscreen and it did its job. Still don't think it's a 5-star product partially due to the frustrating experience that I had due to my stupidity. Oh and the hinge of the container broke quite early on for no obvious reason and the rest of the plastic parts just continued to disintegrate, cheap packaging you might say.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

a year ago

This stuff is great for drugstore. It is very blendable, and doesn't have such a strong smell like many drugstore foundations and powders. It is also a much higher coverage than most drugstore powders. The packaging is plastic and looks a bit cheap, but it IS cheap so whatever!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I wanted to live this powder foundation. I really did. It looked flawless on my face with some under eye concealer and some acne concealer. HOWEVER, about 2 weeks into using this, my skin started to get really itchy and I started seeing increased breakouts along my jawline and forehead. Nothing else in my beauty or makeup routine had changed, so I was forced to stop using this foundation. Sad!! Just be cautious if you have acne-prone, sensitive skin!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

EyesGray

2 years ago

Great product to use when I am not in the mood for foundation. I use only concealer and this and I am all set in 2 minutes tops. Also, when I use foundation from the same range, I use it as setting my oily T zone and it looks flawless. I try not to add more throughout the day, without blotting, because it will look cakey. Other than that, this is a must have in my make-up bag. Very easy to use and the package is great.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I enjoyed this a lot and then realized that it lists cornstarch as an ingredient. Any food ingredients can turn into bacteria on a acne prone oily face! No thanks. Moved onto maybelline fit me matte and poreless and love it!!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I have used this powder for a year and these are my PROS: -has coverage -keeps skin matte for a few hours -has several shades to choose from CONS: -breaks me out, always! -at the end of the day it will leave your skin oilier so you have to retouch till you cake up

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

3 years ago

The line is all about finding your perfect shade. Well I really didn't find much tailored to my light neutral, yet olive tone. It covers well, but it gets very cakey at the end of the day and dry. Then there's the weird case that you have to flip upside down to get a good look in he mirror.

About reviewer (560 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

I like this powder a lot. The reason I'm writing a review is poor packaging. Ever since the day I bought it, I can't close it with the sponge inside. It came with it, but I cannot get it to close with it. VERY FRUSTRATING!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

from

3 years ago

This is the first drugstore face product I've ever used (Bobbi Brown and Clinique are my staples). I thought I'd try it out with some store reward points and keep it for casual just-going-to-the-supermarket days. I got shade 6.D/6.W (Honey) which is yellow toned and a good match for my MAC C40/BB 4.5 skin. This product gives a little more coverage than my usual setting powders; I don't usually wear foundation nowadays because it can feel heavy and often emphasises my pores, but True Match gives me a polished finish without the problems I get with foundation + powder. It stays reasonably matte for a few hours and doesn't break up on my skin. I swatched some foundation on my hand and thought I was 4W, but the L'Oreal consultant tried a few powder shades on me and we decided 6D/W was the best match. I'm not sure how their shade system works but clearly you can't work on the basis that if you're one number in one product in this range, you'll be the same in others. Overall, I'm quite impressed with this powder and am using it more and more. A great budget product.

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age44-55