Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch

Filtered by hair type : Other
Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch
High Precision RetouchHigh Precision RetouchHigh Precision RetouchHigh Precision RetouchHigh Precision Retouch

4.6

AQUA/WATER,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE,GLYCERIN,PROPYLENE GLYCOL,ALUMINA,OZOKERITE,TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL,MAGNESIUM SULFATE,SILICA,ACRYLATES COPOLYMER,DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE,DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE,METHYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN,ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE.[+/- CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE,CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES,MICA]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Like the other Giorgio Armani concealer, the packaging is less than ideal. I store it standing up because it does get really messy really quickly. I was really really really surprised by the coverage. I would say medium to full. There is a bit of shimmer going on but its not noticeable especially if you set it afterwards. Looks fantastic, and not dry. Light texture and doesn't crease. Worth the buy!

Coverage: Medium - Full
Texture: Light, liquid
Crease: No
Drying: No

on 1/18/2011 4:09:00 PM

I am so glad I did my research on MUA and youtube and found out about the Giorgio Armani high precision concealer. One reviewer descibed this as her HG concealer and brought up a very good point about how the skin under our eyes is very thin compared to the rest of our face so it wouldn't make sense to cake on a thick product and expect that concealer to look natural all day so we are better off using a product in liquid form rather than a creamy concealer.
After testing the product at the Giorgio Armani counter I was amazed how thinly the liquid product applied to my skin and yet it was highly pigmented and covered up my dark circles so well and also brighten the undereye area. This product is much more expensive than other concealers I have purchased in the past such as Benefit erase paste and Bobbi Brown creamy concealer however, in my opinion it is worth it and a little goes a long way. I would most defintely repurchase this product.
For reference, I am NC20-25 in MAC, Medium in Benefit Erase Paste and Sand in Bobbil Brown creamy concealer and was color matched #3 in Giorgio Armani Precision concealer

on 9/19/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just discovered this from MUA :)) I've been using Make Up Forever under eye concealer, the one in the tube for years and it last like forever. It's good, but not perfect and I still can see the concealer patches under certain lighting. This Armani is expensive, but the texture is different. It's light weight, medium pigmented and it brightens the dark circles little bitI'm Asian with light/med skintone, yellow undertone. I picked 3.5. They only have 3 colors and this is the darkest one. The other 2 suits for fair or fair/light skin gals. I'm very happy with this purchase.

on 1/22/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Being of Indian descent, I have been fighting with dark undereye circles for the longest time. I have tried countless concealers and this one is the only one I keep repurchasing.

What I love about it:
- its texture: not too creamy, not too liquid
- melts into the skin
- it leaves skin looking very natural
- it is buildable
- can be blended with foundation
- fine applicator tip allows precise application
- lasts a long time; 3-4 months with everyday use

What I don't like about it:
- it is quite expensive; it retails for around 30
- it creases very slightly;

on 11/10/2009 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've used this for a few months and find that I don't reach for my other concealers anymore--nay, not even my CdP--because this suits all my concealing needs. I love the applicator--that skinny brush allows precise application, and you can wipe off the excess product on the rim of the component as you withdraw the wand. I'm a MAC C3, Stila C, Px Traceless Level 3, and 3.5 is a perfect match for both my undereyes and face. I love the opacity of this, the liquid yet creamy texture, and the ease with which it applies. I also find that it doesn't crease or emphasize the lines around my eyes, doesn't travel, and still looks quite fresh at the end of the day. This product almost covers the couple of spots of melasma I have, and that's saying something--nothing else has come as close or looked as natural on the skin. Since I can use this sparingly, it will last a long time. I thought I was crazy when I bought this because I was sure that CdP was my grail concealer, but I was wrong. This concealer doesn't require the tricky balance of moisturization that CdP does, it's easier to blend (especially around the eyes), it's difficult to overapply, and it looks more natural on the skin (no caking). I think I'll be repurchasing this many times.

on 2/11/2009 6:55:00 PM

Despite it's high price tag, this is my HG concealer. It is very important to me that a concealer not be too drying/cakey (under eyes) nor too oily (on blemishes). Somehow this product manages to flawlessly cover my under eye circles (the yellow-based shades help) and camouflage my blemishes whilst remaining utterly undetectable. I typically can get away with just using a small amount of this concealer and no foundation and end up with a very natural yet flawless result!! The applicator/brush, despite appearing intimidating, is actually incredibly effective and time saving. High recommended!

Wonderful concealer!!! I have dark circles due to allergies and this concealer has been my miracle product. And I love the way it feels weightless on my skin.

on 11/1/2007 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I loved this product. I like the applicator brush and although it's incredibly fluid (almost runny), this concealer has enough pigmentation to conceal my dreadful dark circles. It doesn't conceal them completely, but that leaves an incredibly artificial look to me and those tend to cake on me.

I bought this after having many expectations about it and I don't feel cheated at all. Will repurchase beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I bought this in #3. #2 looked good, but the makeup artist thought it was a little too white. With the #2, he said he could see the line between this concealer and my foundation. The #3 blends perfectly and you cannot see a demarcation line. I wear LSF #3 for reference. I have yellow undertones in my skin. I cannot believe how great this concealer is. I use it under my eyes only (not on pimples or anything). I don't have dark circles, but the skin there always seems a little blah. Like it looks thin and a little shadowy and maybe a little veiny. This concealer totally brightens the area and it lasts all day. I used to use just foundation under my eyes because I couldn't see buying another product, but I have to say, this is sooo amazing. I have also used the Nars concealer, but it looked a little dry on my undereye. I can't say enough about the Armani High Precision Retouch Concealer. As for the sparkles that one reviewer mentions, there is a slight shimmer when you look at the product on the brush, but it is completely UNnoticeable and GONE once you apply the product. So have no fear of glitter in this product. This does NOT add shimmer to your undereye area. Also, the packaging is NOT like the Touche Eclat or Dior Skinflash. It is simply a hard tube-like the Armani lip shimmer- with a wand and a tiny brush on the end inside. As another reviewer said, the makeup artist recommended putting some product on your hand with the brush, then using a separate concealer brush for applying on your face. Personally, I'm too lazy to do all that, so I just gently dot it on my undereye area and then blend it gently with my ring finger. I love that it stays put all day and doesn't crease. It almost looks as if you've air brushed your undereye area. Beautiful. I know $34 USD is a lot of money, but this product really is worth it. UPDATE: Just wanted to say that I still love this product. Use it every day and I'm still using the same one. For the people who are saying that it looked cakey: 1) try using less. really. I know it sounds silly, but try the less is more technique. Also, your skin really has to be freshly moisturized before using for best results. After washing and drying my face, I apply my moisturizer and eye cream and let them sit for a couple of minutes before applying this concealer. Always looks great. :)

on 2/8/2015 5:49:00 PM

I love this stuff. I love the formula - light and easy to blend. It blends well into the skin so it looks natural as opposed to heavier concealers where it sits inelegantly on top of the skin. It has shimmer and this can be a deal breaker for some, but I don't mind it. There is one con for me - the brush can be a little scratchy and irritates my delicate skin. Other than this small issue, I love love love! Definitely will repurchase.