Revlon Brow Fantasy

Revlon Brow Fantasy

Pencil Contains: Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, BHT, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Gel Contains: Isododecane, Dimethicone, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Polysilicone-6, Paraffin, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Didn't like it at all. The gel only really helps if your brows are even, which mine aren't and the wand is to big to try to make them look even. The other issue is the pencil is very stiff and requires pushing down hard and doesn't glide on very smooth. It hard to get nice soft even lines. I know I keep saying even, but the reality is brows are about symmetry and getting them to look the same should pretty much be the goal of any brow product. Toss pile item.

on 10/21/2015 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

EDIT: Removed 1 lippie. Dark brown gel is too light for my dark brown brown and it looks unnatural.

ORIGINAL: I feel so much more polished when I wear this! I can fill in and brush my brows up, and keep it all very natural looking. Dark brown pencil is perfect for my dark dark brows, but the gel is a bit light in color - it still works though, doesn't show up as lighter than my natural brows.

I tried Brunette - pencil was extremely red looking - scary!
Gel makes brows stay in place (they tend to go down at the outer corners) ALL day, and I feel much more polished when I use this.
I've always had very dark, thick, expressive brows and have never done anything to them besides tweezing and the occasional light touch with a pencil. All the brow hype these days had me feeling like my brows could use a little help with staying in place. I like a natural look - no painted on look for my brows. I tried Tarte Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse, love that Tarte is cruelty free, but the price is ridiculous. Revlon's is much less expensive. I don't like that they animal test, so I can't give it 5 lippies, otherwise I would!

To Read all 207 Reviews, Login or Join

I really liked the idea of a brow pencil and gel in one, and I'm usually pleased with the quality of Revlon products, so I scooped this baby up.

First off, the pencil frustrated me. It is way too thick, so it's impossible to get a natural looking brow. It's also very dry. I thought maybe I could sharpen it to a fine point to achieve a thinner line, but it just crumbles and breaks off. Also, the pencil is way too short and I used it up in a matter of a few weeks. The cap constantly comes off, so little bits of brow pencil would be all in my makeup bag. Pencil rating- negative 5!

The only thing that somewhat made this product worth keeping was the brow gel. It's not perfect, but it keeps my hairs in place all day long. Two coats will leave a dry and flaky residue, so use one coat only. I like the brush that comes with the gel. It coats all of my hairs evenly.

I used up the pencil long ago and still have a ton of gel left. Luckily the pencil sucked anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. But I am just surprised by the lack of balance in the two products...they're obviously meant to be used together, but one runs out way before the other. It doesn't seem very thought out.

I will continue to use the gel with my other brow pencil. But once it's used up, I will not be rebuying this product. It was much too expensive to warrant repurchasing just for the brow gel. I was very underwhelmed by the quality.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this product. I'm Asian with dark brown/black brows and I use the dark brown color in this pencil. It looks incredibly natural and does an equally good job of darkening brown hairs and sparse spots. Highly recommend! I prefer this to the Anastasia Dipbrow and the Maybelline Brow Gel.

My go to brow pencil. The gel/wand is useless to me so I could do without that. Also I wish the color was a little lighter (for the dark blonde) but I haven't found anything better yet!

on 12/29/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I thought this would make a good duo product but the gel is the only part I would repurchase. The pencil is quite short and its very dry. I felt like I was pulling out my brows when applying it. I need a product that's a bit softer.

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This product works great. The packaging on the other hand is horrible. The cap on the pencil side never stays on, which makes it impossible to keep in a makeup bag due to the cap falling off and getting color all over. The brush part works great and gives me nice even color.

on 5/16/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Positive point first, i love the gel. It gives me an even color and stay and combed brows. and the gel is the only point it got 2 stars from me, otherwise it would have been 1.
The pencil is nothing good but the color. The darkbrown color looks okay on my Asian skin and very drak hair. I always like my eyebrow color a tone less than hair color. But the color won't stay. You blot? one accident gentle swipe, you will smudge the color. Want to erase it, you don't need anything but a wipe from tissue. Even blotting it will take away the color. So you have to hold on to your precious eyebrow, and you will very shortly tired of it.
I don't make up, only do my eyebrow and wear lipstick, so after 4 hours I wash my face (I live in hot and humid weather), it is gone. Just with water. Meanwhile the gel will stay. someday I am so fed up with the pencil I only use the gel and I'm much happier.
Next thing, the pencil runs out so fast? Why? Because I have to use it twice a day because the color doesn't stay. And because it was broken internally when I tried to sharpen it, a chunk of it just fell off. any multiple times I tried, multiple chunks were gone. Now I still have it with almost brand new packaging. Precisely 2 months and only a stump of 1 inch left on me. And to irritate me more, the pencil keeps coming off in my small make up bag, which is very organize and tight. In fact, nothing but this evil pencil cap comes off.
I switch to Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows, so far I am happy as it stays better, and at least I don't have to curse, because I don't have to sharpen it!
Purchasing again? Nope. If they make the gel separtedly, I will buy the gel not the crappy pencil.

on 5/3/2014 10:00:00 AM

Overall a pretty good product, I have a kinda mixed blonde? Coloured hair (dark blonde in some parts nearly platinum in others) and I got the dark blonde set which matches well.
The pencil is not the greatest, colour is great but goes on very dry and runs out long before the gel.
The gel is great and I love the applicator, a bit of colour to finish off the look but not too pigmented and it holds my brows in shape all day.
I am happy to go back to just filling in my brows with powder while using this gel when the pencil runs out soon.

on 4/16/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product in 'dark brown' solely for the tinted brow gel. It was the only one available at the drugstore and I really missed having one since I ran out of my ELF one (which I also loved, but is only available to me online). I feel like it adds a final polished look to my brows, holds them in place and helps them to look more natural. I paid under 10 dollars for this at Walmart which I feel like is a fair price, and I would be willing to pay that just for the gel, sans pencil. I use the Milani brow pen in dark brown first, then define the edges of my brows with the pencil that this comes with, then set it with the gel. Yup, 3 brow products - what can I say, they're an important part of my makeup routine. I really like the gel, it deposits a nice amount of colour and "sets" my brows in place all day. I tried just lightly filling my brows in with the pencil and setting it with the gel on one of my "less makeuppy" days last weekend and they pencil looked way, way too red - no bueno. I'm also not a big fan of the pencil's texture - too soft and not long-lasting enough to be used on its own. But I'll use it up! Would repurchase.

Popular Brows Products