Ego QV Face Moisturising Cream SPF30

4.3

ACTIVES Octyl methoxycinnamate 7.0% (w/w), zinc oxide 4.0% (w/w) and methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol 1.0% (w/w). INGREDIENTS Hydroxybenzoates, dichlorobenzyl alcohol and iodopropynyl butyl carbamate.

I have very sensitive skin and this used to be my HG daily sunscreen - until they changed the formulation!
It still has many of the same pre-reformulation good things going for it which is why I've kept using it this long

- light feel and spreads easy
- no breakouts
- moisturizes skin

BUT it is no longer gentle on skin, which I really used to love about it. Now it stings for the first few minutes after I apply it, which I'm getting tired of and will not continue to purchase this product.

Previous ingredients:
ACTIVES: Octyl methoxycinnamate 7.0% (w/w), zinc oxide 4.0% (w/w) and methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol 1.0% (w/w). INGREDIENTS: Hydroxybenzoates, dichlorobenzyl alcohol and iodopropynyl butyl carbamate.

Current ingredients:
Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol 2.5%, Bemotrizinol 1.8%. PRESERVATIVES: Hydroxybenzoates, Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol.

Like another user has already mentioned, I don't think this product is suitable for sensitive skin anymore!

I am always on the hunt for a good sunscreen. My skin became sensitive recently when I foolishly used a glycolic acid product on my skin for a couple of weeks. I say foolishly, because my skin has reacted badly to aha's in the past. QV consistently gets good ratings, and the only reason I have not used it in the past is because it used to contain octyl methocinnamate, an ingredient my skin is sensitive to. The cream was reformulated last year. According to both my tube, and the QV website these are now the active ingredients:

ACTIVES (w/w): Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol 2.5%, Bemotrizinol 1.8%.

The good: decent price, no white cast, no irritating ingredients.

The bad: possibly too rich for my skin in warmer weather, fairly low concentration of active ingredients and no added antioxidants.

For that last point - no added antioxidants. QV are making products specifically for people with sensitive skin, and while I would like added antioxidants, it makes sense for QV to leave them out.

It is winter where I live, and this feels just about right for my skin given the weather, but I'm sure it will be too rich for my skin during summer. Although my skin is getting drier now I've hit menopause, I still have large pores, perspire a lot in warmer weather, and get clogged pores and pimples quite easily. For people with dry, sensitive skin, or with conditions like exczema this is a great option.

It comes in two tube sizes, 75gm and 150gm. I purchased the 150gm and from memory it cost me just over $20. I have ticked that I will repurchase but I'm fickle when it comes to sunscreen so that may change.

Attention! this product changed integredents, from great to awful! everytime I use it the first 3 minutes my face burns!!! why? qv why do you change the formula? the previous one was good! but the new formula dispointing me! I don't think it is for sensitive skin anymore!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm gonna be straight forward-
Does not irritate sensitive skins,does not clog pores, can be used alongside retin A and doxycycline treatments, I had no breakouts, Can replcae most of the high end sunscreens, cheap price comparing to what it does, simple packaging, no unnecessary ingredients such as perfumes and parabens, it's ideal for olive skinned people too and doesn't cause a white cast just a healthy glowing skin.
Will stick to this as long as possible.

I just ran out of my first tube and this thing is soooo good. Feels like there's nothing on my skin. I use it after my face wash and mainly before bed. I use ALOt of it cuz I like my skin to be moisturized before bed and when I wake up honestly there's no oil going on. Not to mention I have an oily T-zone. Will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Started using this once I began using doxycycline for my moderate acne as the drug makes your skin more sensitive to sun. I have had red and irritated acne for years and have not used sunscreen (unless extremely necesssry) on my face as it always breaks me out. When getting my prescription for doxy, the pharmacist recommended this moisturiser as it is good for sensitive skin and non comedogenic (won't block pores). I thought I'd give it a go as he gave me free samples, and it has never broken me out. It is wonderful. My skin feels so smooth and it is super moisturising. A little bit also goes a long way. I have used it alongside the QV gentle cleanser. The QV range has helped to save my skin along with doxy and benzac ac gel :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is such a great product. It is a hydrating moisturiser, not oily, not too light either. It is unscented and just feels clean and good on your skin. The best thing about it is that it provides you with SPF30, but with absolutely none of the "sunscreen" smell or slick. I don't know how QV have done it! I wear it both alone and under makeup, and it works wonderfully both ways. I love leaving the house feeling like I am protected from the sun, without smelling like I am going for a day at the beach. HG product for me!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

I bought this after searching for a good sunscreen on MUA. My skin has suddenly become sensitised (I think it is due to trying all kinds of anti ageing products). Many of the products I had been using flared up skin rashes - side of my lips, eyes, etc. Some of these are products I had been using for years. I know this because I went cold turkey and slowly introduced one product at a time.

Both this daytime moistuiriser and the nighttime one have done a fabulous job in keeping my dry skin moistuirised and looking healthy again. As mentioned by other reviewers no white cast which is so important to people like me with darker skin.

I am very happy that I got into this.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Absolutely love this cream. It is so moisturising, leaves a pretty subtle glow and it has SPF. The only downside is that it really clogs my pores as it is heavy and so I am forever finding new pimples pop up. If it didn't break me out, this would be perfect.

UPDATE:
After a couple months use of this product, I have found that I no longer break out. It also makes an amazing base for foundation, making it glide on perfectly. Love!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's fragrance free and formula wise it looks like a great product. Really liked the texture and the residue free finish.

But this does not protect your skin well. I burnt every time I had this on and also had my pigmentation darken ever since I started using this sunscreen.

Wouldn't recommend this.