Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's rare that I repurchase a foundation/base item, because I don't go through them that quickly and I'm always curious to try something else by the time I've used a whole bottle up. However, this is one item I have (and will continue to) repurchase.

I really love how easy this is to apply. I don't even both with a brush or sponge, I just warm between my fingers and apply like that. For a tinted moisturizer I find this gives a decent light coverage, and a very natural finish. It's not overly dewy, so I often like to use something like Mac Strobe Cream or the Glam Glow Glowstarter underneath. However, I think this lack of dewiness is a good thing because it makes for a more versatile product - and if I want to keep the satin finish one some days, I can. Oilier skin-types would probably prefer the oil-free version, as the regular formulation doesn't do anything to control shine.

It doesn't wear quite as long as a foundation, but I still find it holds up nicely during the day. It does need to be re-powdered on the forehead (which is the area where I get shine) after about 4-5 hours of wear.

The packaging is great, very light and the opening dispenses a nice amount of product without ever leaking in my makeup drawer. I also take this travelling a fair bit, and haven't run into any issues with it leaking.

Overall, I'm a huge fan of this product. Will absolutely repurchase in the future.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a lovely natural looking tm. My tube lasted forever and gives me a very natural but perfected look. I'm combo skinned but generally my face is very well behaved, after a few hours I get oily when wearing this but it's not too bad, just kind of glowy looking oily if that makes sense. I'd probably repurchase but I wish the lightest shade was actually lighter and less yellow, for better shade match, coverage and performance I prefer burts bees bb cream....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in nude, sand, blush, bisque and now porcelain. I am NC20. The porcelain is my current color but as you can tell I have a color for every season. Some of these colors are really dark and not fit for my skintone but for some reason or another I held onto them.

To say I love this product is an understatement. For my mature skin this is a great product. It offers that perfect balance of diffusing but not cake face. I still need a concealer but that's ok.

Bisque is probably my summer color and blush works ok if I get some color and want a bronzey look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Holy grail of tinted moisturizers. I love the way this feels, and it looks so incredibly natural. The lightest shade is okay for super fair girls as well. The one bad thing about this is that it clogs my pores and makes me break out if I wear it 5-6 days in a row. I've tried the oil-free version, and that seems to solve that problem, but the lightest shade of that version is darker than the lightest shade for this one, so I just try to space out my usage of this one the best I can. Highly recommend. Expensive but worth it.

I don't know why this thing gets such mixed reviews. I went through 2 sample tubes of this before I finally convinced myself to buy the full sized version. I LOVE this. I am usually a full coverage kind of girl, but after years of using Bare Minerals for my every day makeup, my skin started rejecting it, and it started balling up in places on my face. It also barely lasted a few hours, even with primer and setting spray. So gross. So, I was on the hunt for a nice, every day foundation that was light to medium coverage, and that my skin actually liked. I found this, and haven't looked back. I know this is a tinted moisturizer, but I treat it like a foundation, so I apply it like this: 1. Regular moisturizer (Clinique Moisture Surge), 2. Primer (Benefit Porefessional or Cover Girl Outlast) 3. LM Tinted Moisturizer 4. Concealer (Whatever you like, but I use Tarte Shape Tape), 5. Concealer setting powder, 6. Translucent Powder (I use Make Up Forever HD Powder, but lots of people use the LM Translucent powder), 7. Setting Spray. Using this method, I have found this moisturizer to be AMAZING. It makes my skin look seriously flawless, it doesn't feel gross or cling to any dry patches, it lasts a pretty long time considering what kind of product it is, and it's good to my skin. I love it. It makes me look seriously perfect every time I wear it. I think if you're expecting this to be a regular foundation coverage, you'll be disappointed, but if you go into it knowing that it's a sheer to medium coverage, you'll love it.

Got this as a sample in the "Nude" color. I am a big fan of Laura's products, but this simply did not work on me.

I found the TM didn't cover my red spots and wore for only about an hour on my combo skin.

The squeeze tube is great. Just wish it wore well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is by far useless in my makeup arsenal...it literally does NOTHING! On my dry to combination skin, it did not cover any redness or blemishes, it evened out my skin tone for a mere one hour before it completely faded away. I would not recommend this to someone looking for a good tinted moisturizer. You're paying for a sheer sunscreen at best!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is nice to have in your cupboard...but honestly it's a waste of time. My face is SHINY ALL OVER after 2 hours (I have combination skin). It's a tinted moisturizer so don't expect any amount of coverage at all (maybe 5% coverage).
I would imagine this will look great on flawless dry skin on winter. I am just using this sometimes to finish it off because it is not cheap here in Singapore (SGD$80). Won't repurchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my favourite foundation, ever. I have fairly even toned skin, and so don't really need too much coverage, but as I've got older have a few pigmentation spots. This tinted moisturiser in Porcelain is all I need, it's really a foundation for me. Makes my skin look better but not made-up.

However I don't think you would use enough to protect your skin from sun damage, though. Use a sun-cream as well. It seems to go ok over most suncreams.

I would recommend for anyone with fair, warm-toned skin. It's quite 'yellow', so if you have cool or pink undertones, maybe not for you. But it's my HG foundation and I have re-purchased many times.

(I bought this at David Jones, after originally looking for Estée Lauder tinted moisturiser, on Zoe Foster's advice. The EL lady was so nice - she said she thought Laura Mercier would be better for me.)

Yes, it's expensive at about $58 AUD but so much the right foundation for me. I will, and have, buy again.

I didn't buy this, but got matched to Porcelain at Sephora and Nude at Macy's, and tried a sample of each, and won't be purchasing. I'm not sure if this is still accurate as the review hasn't been updated since 2013, but Paula Begoun's Beautypedia states that only a few shades have sufficient UVA protection. Supposing you're not wearing it for sunscreen, here are other pros and cons:

pros:
-lightweight in feel and coverage
-15 shades with a few darker options

cons
-it's more of a matte than dewy finish, and after a few hours I can hardly see any coverage, but the matte finish emphasizes my pores and makes my skin look less rested and hydrated than if I just used a quality non-tinted moisturizer and a little concealer to cover dark eye circles and spots.
-the oil free version was worse, but even with this, by the end of the day my face feels a little itchy and I just want to wash this product off (I don't have particularly sensitive skin)

Please visit my notepad if you're interested in a $10 referral link to Paula's Choice or clothing retailers like Thredup or Woolovers.