Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

I am at a loss for words over the hype of this product. Let's dive right in (I will be referring to this product as LM):
- Pretty good color selection, mine matched my skin perfectly.
- On a scale from 1-10, I feel like the coverage is a 0. I don't really have acne, I have some redness on my nose, discolouration, faint sunspots, large pores, etc. Which is why I wanted to try this. I just wanted my skin tone to look more even. This stuff went right on my skin (without primer) and literally didn't cover anything. I globbed it on and finally got SOME semblance of coverage. I then tried using concealer underneath it. After applying concealer and letting it set, I dabbed on the LM and it actually took off my concealer...
So then I tried applying the LM, THEN applying concealer. And it worked! But if I need to do that all over my face, it's not even worth using. I may as well use a medium-coverage foundation.
- Then the shine came. With primer and setting it with LM powder, shine came in about 30 minutes. I dabbed away with tissues and reapplied powder. This eventually wore away the LM and I was practically bare-faced again.
- It's $45 dollars. For what? Some sunscreen? I previously used Garnier's Skin Renew Skin Perfector BB Cream, which is $11. This is much more pigmented, I could sleep in it and it wouldn't destroy my skin over night, easy to blend, buildable, etc. I only decided to try something new because Garnier's made my skin shiny. But after this experience, I'll gladly take the shine.
- I would rather have an actual bare face (which is far more healthy and money-saving) than spend $45 on a moisturiser that made me look like a bare-faced grease ball.

If this works for other people, I am VERY happy for you. Because it has gotten such good reviews. But for me, it was a complete bust. I'm not usually upset when I spend money on a product that doesn't work out, but this time I am :(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

this is not a bad product at all I have the illuminating one and the regular one wish I had not bought it a bit later than my skin tone. It can be built up to Medium coverage and with a heavy powder or a sheer loose powder you can play around with the coverage.

To Read all 1364 Reviews, Login or Join

I used this product and it completely clogged my pores. I would not recommend it if you have somewhat sensitive skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is one of the best tinted moisturizers I have ever used, and I am looking forward to being able to splurge on it sometime soon. It smells nice, goes on smooth, and offers a wide variety of shades, especially in very pale colors. No "light-medium" or "medium-dark" here. These are real matchable colors. You can use it under foundation, alone, or with a dab of powder to set. It does not cake when it's cold, and it doesn't run when you're sweating. Gives you a nice glow no matter the season.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At my age (54) a foundation is an absolute no go!It looks horrible in my opinion.I do not have wrinkles but i do have fine lines en my pores are more noticible then 10 years ago .The only thing foundation does for me is show the fine lines and pores 10x worse..I went shopping in Amsterdam this week with my daughter and we went to a Laura Mercier counter in a department store and my daugher purchased a loose powder and i came to talk with the lady there and told her that i would love to use any kind of BB/CC or anything that would give me some coverage and would even out my skin.She told me to sit down and just started to put on tinted moisturizer and i absolutely love it! She put a primer underneath wich i belive is a must My skin looks beautifull after using this without making the fine lines and pores stand out and it held up perfectly throughout the day.So i purchased a tube.It's very expensive here 48 euro's (aprox $53 )but who cares....i found a great product and ik believe it will last a long time because you do not need much.I also bought a concealer but that;s another review.Love that one too.

This product is very sheer. I understand that it is a tinted moisturizer and is not meant to be medium to be full coverage but it's too sheer (depends on your preference). The price at my Sephora is $42 which I think is a little too pricey for the quality and mediocre packaging. Unfortunately, this product broke me out and caused blemishes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this in Nude in a set with the Radiance Primer and a facial scrub. It's a good, solid tinted moisturizer, with sheer coverage, a skinlike finish and shortish wear time, like every other tinted moisturizer. It's pretty much indistinguishable from any decent $10 cushion pact, BB cream, tinted moisturizer, what have you. To compare it to other things, it's like the consistency of Missha Signature Real Complete but lower coverage, or like the coverage L'oreal True Match Lumi but thicker. It's perfectly good for something to wear on a daily basis, but you can get the same exact thing pretty much anywhere.

Amount spent: $20
Amount wasted: $20

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Everyday natural and light moisturizer. Gave me slight slight breakouts but that went away quick. I haven't had any problems since and I do like the tiny a lot.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good moisturizer that is tinted for the summer time. Very expensive but I can justify it because it works. I blot this on and make sure to apply a lot since it is always hard to get plenty of coverage with tinted moisturizers. Skin looks good when I wear this so I will be rebuying.

Got the travel size version of this and it nicely surprised me. I used to use the Bobbi Brown foundation stick but this works a lot better than that, although its less coverage. I don't like to wear heavy face makeup for everyday so this is amazing. It moisturizes my skin, has SPF, and also has a nice tint. I wouldn't repurchase though because I would like something with a bit more coverage. Its good for people with naturally clear skin just looking for light makeup