Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is by far useless in my makeup arsenal...it literally does NOTHING! On my dry to combination skin, it did not cover any redness or blemishes, it evened out my skin tone for a mere one hour before it completely faded away. I would not recommend this to someone looking for a good tinted moisturizer. You're paying for a sheer sunscreen at best!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is nice to have in your cupboard...but honestly it's a waste of time. My face is SHINY ALL OVER after 2 hours (I have combination skin). It's a tinted moisturizer so don't expect any amount of coverage at all (maybe 5% coverage).
I would imagine this will look great on flawless dry skin on winter. I am just using this sometimes to finish it off because it is not cheap here in Singapore (SGD$80). Won't repurchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my favourite foundation, ever. I have fairly even toned skin, and so don't really need too much coverage, but as I've got older have a few pigmentation spots. This tinted moisturiser in Porcelain is all I need, it's really a foundation for me. Makes my skin look better but not made-up.

However I don't think you would use enough to protect your skin from sun damage, though. Use a sun-cream as well. It seems to go ok over most suncreams.

I would recommend for anyone with fair, warm-toned skin. It's quite 'yellow', so if you have cool or pink undertones, maybe not for you. But it's my HG foundation and I have re-purchased many times.

(I bought this at David Jones, after originally looking for Estée Lauder tinted moisturiser, on Zoe Foster's advice. The EL lady was so nice - she said she thought Laura Mercier would be better for me.)

Yes, it's expensive at about $58 AUD but so much the right foundation for me. I will, and have, buy again.

I didn't buy this, but got matched to Porcelain at Sephora and Nude at Macy's, and tried a sample of each, and won't be purchasing. I'm not sure if this is still accurate as the review hasn't been updated since 2013, but Paula Begoun's Beautypedia states that only a few shades have sufficient UVA protection. Supposing you're not wearing it for sunscreen, here are other pros and cons:

pros:
-lightweight in feel and coverage
-15 shades with a few darker options

cons
-it's more of a matte than dewy finish, and after a few hours I can hardly see any coverage, but the matte finish emphasizes my pores and makes my skin look less rested and hydrated than if I just used a quality non-tinted moisturizer and a little concealer to cover dark eye circles and spots.
-the oil free version was worse, but even with this, by the end of the day my face feels a little itchy and I just want to wash this product off (I don't have particularly sensitive skin)

Please visit my notepad if you're interested in a $10 referral link to Paula's Choice or clothing retailers like Thredup or Woolovers.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this tinted moisturizer. It's so sheer and it's buildable to medium coverage. I have dry skin so it's perfect for me. I also love it because it has spf! I used to use liquid foundation and i'm not comfortable with it. This LM TM is so light. Im happy that my skin can still breathe. I dont want to cover my skin with a lot of makeup & I still want to see my real skin. Overall, i just love this so much. :)

I'm so upset that this product didn't live up to the hype for me. I am so completely underwhelmed by its performance, and for what you pay for this product (over $50 CAN!!), I shouldn't have experienced the issues that I did. I've been using this for a little over a month now and each use makes me angrier and more disappointed.
I bought this product in the shade "bisque". I usually wear tarte's rainforest of the sea liquid foundation in light neutral, so I thought that it would be a close fit. Turns out that the shade is a bit too yellow for me and ends up looking too dark/orange as the day goes on.
This product gives you absolutely no coverage whatsoever. I'm not looking for a whole lot of coverage (I prefer light-medium coverage, like the tarte foundation) and my skin isn't terribly acne-prone, but I expected this to somewhat cover up some redness and dark spots. It didn't. I guess I could say it evened out my skin tone a little bit, but even that would be a stretch.
What REALLY bothered me about this is that after an hour of wear, I could see the moisturizer transferring and moving around my face (as if it hadn't settled, almost), wiping off in some areas, and hanging on to my dry patches. I have combo skin, and all this product seemed to do was exaggerate my problem areas (including my pores) and make my skin look oilier than all heck.
I'm considering returning this to Sephora, but I may keep it just to wear under my foundation for SPF coverage (making it the most expensive sunscreen I've ever bought in my entire life). I will not be purchasing this again - you might as well save your money and buy a tinted moisturizer from the drug store. Chances are, it'll perform just as well as this.

Absolutely love this for a nice, sheer coverage. It's great for the summer, when I need coverage with spf, but I don't want anything too full coverage or else it might melt off my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

LM has light-weight formula and dewy looked but I feel dissapointed with the coverage. I used it like I didn't use anything on my face. But I love it. It's more light than BM. Although the coverage is zero. I think LM still to be my favorite tinted moisturizer

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the most ineffective makeup product I have ever used. The coverage is zero, I applied it to one side of my face and left the other side nude, to be sure, it does nothing but make you a little shiny. I'll use this up as sunscreen for cloudy days under foundation and never ever buy it again.

I am at a loss for words over the hype of this product. Let's dive right in (I will be referring to this product as LM):
- Pretty good color selection, mine matched my skin perfectly.
- On a scale from 1-10, I feel like the coverage is a 0. I don't really have acne, I have some redness on my nose, discolouration, faint sunspots, large pores, etc. Which is why I wanted to try this. I just wanted my skin tone to look more even. This stuff went right on my skin (without primer) and literally didn't cover anything. I globbed it on and finally got SOME semblance of coverage. I then tried using concealer underneath it. After applying concealer and letting it set, I dabbed on the LM and it actually took off my concealer...
So then I tried applying the LM, THEN applying concealer. And it worked! But if I need to do that all over my face, it's not even worth using. I may as well use a medium-coverage foundation.
- Then the shine came. With primer and setting it with LM powder, shine came in about 30 minutes. I dabbed away with tissues and reapplied powder. This eventually wore away the LM and I was practically bare-faced again.
- It's $45 dollars. For what? Some sunscreen? I previously used Garnier's Skin Renew Skin Perfector BB Cream, which is $11. This is much more pigmented, I could sleep in it and it wouldn't destroy my skin over night, easy to blend, buildable, etc. I only decided to try something new because Garnier's made my skin shiny. But after this experience, I'll gladly take the shine.
- I would rather have an actual bare face (which is far more healthy and money-saving) than spend $45 on a moisturiser that made me look like a bare-faced grease ball.

If this works for other people, I am VERY happy for you. Because it has gotten such good reviews. But for me, it was a complete bust. I'm not usually upset when I spend money on a product that doesn't work out, but this time I am :(