Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Holy grail of tinted moisturizers. I love the way this feels, and it looks so incredibly natural. The lightest shade is okay for super fair girls as well. The one bad thing about this is that it clogs my pores and makes me break out if I wear it 5-6 days in a row. I've tried the oil-free version, and that seems to solve that problem, but the lightest shade of that version is darker than the lightest shade for this one, so I just try to space out my usage of this one the best I can. Highly recommend. Expensive but worth it.

I don't know why this thing gets such mixed reviews. I went through 2 sample tubes of this before I finally convinced myself to buy the full sized version. I LOVE this. I am usually a full coverage kind of girl, but after years of using Bare Minerals for my every day makeup, my skin started rejecting it, and it started balling up in places on my face. It also barely lasted a few hours, even with primer and setting spray. So gross. So, I was on the hunt for a nice, every day foundation that was light to medium coverage, and that my skin actually liked. I found this, and haven't looked back. I know this is a tinted moisturizer, but I treat it like a foundation, so I apply it like this: 1. Regular moisturizer (Clinique Moisture Surge), 2. Primer (Benefit Porefessional or Cover Girl Outlast) 3. LM Tinted Moisturizer 4. Concealer (Whatever you like, but I use Tarte Shape Tape), 5. Concealer setting powder, 6. Translucent Powder (I use Make Up Forever HD Powder, but lots of people use the LM Translucent powder), 7. Setting Spray. Using this method, I have found this moisturizer to be AMAZING. It makes my skin look seriously flawless, it doesn't feel gross or cling to any dry patches, it lasts a pretty long time considering what kind of product it is, and it's good to my skin. I love it. It makes me look seriously perfect every time I wear it. I think if you're expecting this to be a regular foundation coverage, you'll be disappointed, but if you go into it knowing that it's a sheer to medium coverage, you'll love it.

Got this as a sample in the "Nude" color. I am a big fan of Laura's products, but this simply did not work on me.

I found the TM didn't cover my red spots and wore for only about an hour on my combo skin.

The squeeze tube is great. Just wish it wore well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is by far useless in my makeup arsenal...it literally does NOTHING! On my dry to combination skin, it did not cover any redness or blemishes, it evened out my skin tone for a mere one hour before it completely faded away. I would not recommend this to someone looking for a good tinted moisturizer. You're paying for a sheer sunscreen at best!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is nice to have in your cupboard...but honestly it's a waste of time. My face is SHINY ALL OVER after 2 hours (I have combination skin). It's a tinted moisturizer so don't expect any amount of coverage at all (maybe 5% coverage).
I would imagine this will look great on flawless dry skin on winter. I am just using this sometimes to finish it off because it is not cheap here in Singapore (SGD$80). Won't repurchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my favourite foundation, ever. I have fairly even toned skin, and so don't really need too much coverage, but as I've got older have a few pigmentation spots. This tinted moisturiser in Porcelain is all I need, it's really a foundation for me. Makes my skin look better but not made-up.

However I don't think you would use enough to protect your skin from sun damage, though. Use a sun-cream as well. It seems to go ok over most suncreams.

I would recommend for anyone with fair, warm-toned skin. It's quite 'yellow', so if you have cool or pink undertones, maybe not for you. But it's my HG foundation and I have re-purchased many times.

(I bought this at David Jones, after originally looking for Estée Lauder tinted moisturiser, on Zoe Foster's advice. The EL lady was so nice - she said she thought Laura Mercier would be better for me.)

Yes, it's expensive at about $58 AUD but so much the right foundation for me. I will, and have, buy again.

I didn't buy this, but got matched to Porcelain at Sephora and Nude at Macy's, and tried a sample of each, and won't be purchasing. I'm not sure if this is still accurate as the review hasn't been updated since 2013, but Paula Begoun's Beautypedia states that only a few shades have sufficient UVA protection. Supposing you're not wearing it for sunscreen, here are other pros and cons:

pros:
-lightweight in feel and coverage
-15 shades with a few darker options

cons
-it's more of a matte than dewy finish, and after a few hours I can hardly see any coverage, but the matte finish emphasizes my pores and makes my skin look less rested and hydrated than if I just used a quality non-tinted moisturizer and a little concealer to cover dark eye circles and spots.
-the oil free version was worse, but even with this, by the end of the day my face feels a little itchy and I just want to wash this product off (I don't have particularly sensitive skin)

Please visit my notepad if you're interested in a $10 referral link to Paula's Choice or clothing retailers like Thredup or Woolovers.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this tinted moisturizer. It's so sheer and it's buildable to medium coverage. I have dry skin so it's perfect for me. I also love it because it has spf! I used to use liquid foundation and i'm not comfortable with it. This LM TM is so light. Im happy that my skin can still breathe. I dont want to cover my skin with a lot of makeup & I still want to see my real skin. Overall, i just love this so much. :)

I'm so upset that this product didn't live up to the hype for me. I am so completely underwhelmed by its performance, and for what you pay for this product (over $50 CAN!!), I shouldn't have experienced the issues that I did. I've been using this for a little over a month now and each use makes me angrier and more disappointed.
I bought this product in the shade "bisque". I usually wear tarte's rainforest of the sea liquid foundation in light neutral, so I thought that it would be a close fit. Turns out that the shade is a bit too yellow for me and ends up looking too dark/orange as the day goes on.
This product gives you absolutely no coverage whatsoever. I'm not looking for a whole lot of coverage (I prefer light-medium coverage, like the tarte foundation) and my skin isn't terribly acne-prone, but I expected this to somewhat cover up some redness and dark spots. It didn't. I guess I could say it evened out my skin tone a little bit, but even that would be a stretch.
What REALLY bothered me about this is that after an hour of wear, I could see the moisturizer transferring and moving around my face (as if it hadn't settled, almost), wiping off in some areas, and hanging on to my dry patches. I have combo skin, and all this product seemed to do was exaggerate my problem areas (including my pores) and make my skin look oilier than all heck.
I'm considering returning this to Sephora, but I may keep it just to wear under my foundation for SPF coverage (making it the most expensive sunscreen I've ever bought in my entire life). I will not be purchasing this again - you might as well save your money and buy a tinted moisturizer from the drug store. Chances are, it'll perform just as well as this.

Absolutely love this for a nice, sheer coverage. It's great for the summer, when I need coverage with spf, but I don't want anything too full coverage or else it might melt off my face.