Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have a deluxe sample of this in Nude, and wore it (as well as samples of the Oil-free version) on and off for a few years. Finally decided to buy the full size but I got shade-matched to Blush instead (1 shade lighter than Nude) at the Laura Mercier counter in NM. Blush really is a perfect match for my NC30 skin, but this is so sheer that I could also get away with Nude.

I have fairly oily skin, but this one works for me better than the Oil-Free version. Keeps me shine-free for at least 4 hours (I will update this as the day progresses). It gives my face a much smoother, more even look without screaming "I'm wearing makeup!"

The way I use this is: I do my regular morning Korean skincare routine of wash + tone + essence then I use this TM instead of my usual moisturiser + sunscreen.

Unremarkable tinted moisturizer. It has a very chemically scent to it that lingers and forms an almost tacky film on the skin rather than drying down. It's semi-matte on my skin and evened out very little. My skin isn't perfect but I don't have glaring breakouts, and I didn't expect coverage.

It was hard to blend, which is odd considering it's such a liquidy product. But no, once on skin it's almost as if its pigments cling to the skin while the product just slips around and then suddenly becomes sticky. Streaky application with fingers. So then I tried with a brush, it clung to the bristles and felt like I was just moving a wet brush on my face. Beauty blender gave me the same result. Layers poorly with all the other cream products I used (blush, bronzer and concealer).

The cherry on top? Next day my face is covered in red blotches and tiny breakouts everywhere, signalling an allergic reaction. HOWEVER this doesn't factor into the review as I believe that skin will react differently to ever product and many will not have a reaction or sensitive skin. The 1 star is soley for how poorly this product preformed and for the price I paid, I expected better.

I continue to receive this product as a gift with purchase or in kits.

PROS: The packaging is adequate. I like that it isn't super frivolous and is convenient for not taking up too much room in the stash which is probably why it has made it through so many declutters without being ditched.

CONS: Personally, I find the smell of this product to be terrible. It is like a chemical Play-Doh. The consistency is very thin and almost sticky or tacky. I find that this is more for people who aren't looking for coverage and maybe just a little bit of a more even colour. I am not the person previously mentioned. I don't find the tinted moisturizer has any longevity and hasn't had any benefit to my skin. I also find that it doesn't necessarily play well with others based on the consistency.

The BOTTOM LINE: I pass... I don't even have opinions worth mentioning beyond the horrible smell and texture. I don't think this feels or performs worthy of the cost and the drugstore offers products like this that aren't as offensive for a fraction of the price.

Love this for casual days. the sunscreen smell in this is not harsh. Nude is a great match for me & the finish is natural looking. I have a 1oz size that’s lasted me a while

Got this from my mom and liked it. I used it all up. It gave a nice natural color to get rid of redness, looked natural, although I felt it was a tad bit heavy for my oily skin, but a good choice for fall/winter. Wasn't as thick or occlusive as some foundations.

Shade: Nude

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

hmmmm I have a love/like relationship with this tinted moisturizer. There are days I'm in love with it and sometimes I forget about it. I def don't use it every day. I love the way it sets on my skin, I love how natural it looks. It's perfect for layering. You can layer more of the tinted moisturizer when the first layer has dried or you can layer on a finishing powder. Either way the outcome is perfection. I do not have perfect skin, def some acne scars and regular breakouts. I feel pretty with this on.

I love the natural effect this gives me in the colour nude but it doesn’t last the duration of the day and breaks me out so badly due to its containing mineral oil which is very disappointing for such an expensive product. I used to repurchase this time and time again but I’ve stopped now and realise this is what was causing my breakouts.

It’s a cult favorite of so many celebritites. So I was very excited to try it. And I’m very disappointed.
I’ve come to the phase that if I spend my time to put something on my face I expect it to do something for my skin. But with this one...it give me zero coverage, very little sunscreen protection (spf20), and doesnt last long at all. My face look greasy since the first second I put it on.
So I need to spend more time to put more sunscreen, conceal the imperfections and set my face with powder. It meant to be your fast one step in the morning, unfortunately this is not the case for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The idea of tinted moisturizer was pretty amazing when the choice was either this or a heavier foundation, and this used to be one of the best tinted moisturizers out there, but now I find that even LM feels too heavy for day-to-day and I find myself reaching for my even lighter and more breathable Glossier skin tint instead.

I wanted something that was a good basic coverage without the fuss and this is it! Great little tinted moisturiser, good enough coverage for days you want to look more "natural" without make up look.
I put a light powder over it and it lasts for most of the day.
Moisturises my skin and does not dry out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials