Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick (no tint)

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick (no tint)
Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick (no tint)

on 7/2/2017 2:18:00 AM

This is my go-to lip balm and I have lost count of how many I've bought. I get them at the airport in trio packs and use two at a time- one in my makeup drawer and one in my makeup pouch when I'm on the go.

Love:
- The texture is smooth and emollient, easy to apply onto lips.
- Scent is quite mild (to me!)
- Keeps my lips hydrated
- Is a good base for lipstick
- Stick format is really convenient

Dislike:
- The price- It comes up to about SGD $20 per stick or about USD $14. (But then again this is something I use about 10 times a day so the cost per use makes it worth it lol)
- Compared to other stick lip balms, this one seems to get used up faster. I use up 1 lip balm every 3 months.

Currently looking for a good alternative to this lip balm that fulfils the criteria above!

This is one of the best lip balm I've tried in a while, and my lips stayed chap-free even in extremely dry cabin air.

What's Good?

2. Easy Fading of Colors
3. Not Cheap

Full review and swatch (of berry and blush colors) at http://bit.ly/2oeXUNY

on 8/20/2015 6:37:00 AM

This review is for the pot version. This product really works. It soothes and moisturises and get rids of any flakes and dryness on the lips. However, I cannot stand the smell of this. It has a chemical scent to it, I felt like I was eating petroleum jelly all the time. This product is also heavy on petroleum and contains parabens, which makes it the main reason why I will not re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A good lip balm but so very expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Good, solid and dependable lip balm. In the winter here in Northern Europe the dry heated air inside and dry cold air outside wreak havoc on my lips. This is immediately soothing and sets you up for hours. If my lips have gotten disastrously dry, I do a lip exfoliation (with sugar!) at night and put this on before I go to bed. In the morning my lips feel soft again.
I wish it wasn't so expensive, but it does work. Blistex and other no-name stick lip salves have been binned.

on 12/15/2013 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very expensive lip balm, but.. It works, it works very well. My lips feel well moisturised and softer. It's not a miracle worker, don't expect that, and don't expect it to last for 8 hours, because it really, really doesn't. But it does hat it says, my lips aren't chapped or dry. A good buy. :)

on 8/18/2013 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This product goes well with the other 8-hour products for superb winter skincare. Bit of a "medicinal" smell to me, for my husband "strawberry and banana."

on 8/3/2013 2:59:00 AM

V good product for winter and dry lips. would recommend.

on 5/9/2013 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I think that this product is very expensive for what it is. I find the packaging really cheap and the quality of the packaging not comparable to other brands at the same price range e.g. Christian Dior. The product itself is quite good and doesn't dry up your lips after 30 mins like some other brands or similar products. I've been very disappointed with some brands claiming to be a tinted lip balm but providing the tint but not the balm effect. Not sure why it's called 8hour because it certainly doesn't last for 8 hours. I think £14 would be the right price for this lip balm.

My dad got me this from duty free I think at the airport and I wasn't too sure at first whether I would like it.. The cream isn't as amazing as it's hyped up to be and I though the lip cream would be the same but I was very, VERY pleasantly surprised. At first the taste of it, I couldn't stand but as I've come to use it pretty much everyday twice a day, I've got used to it and can hardly taste it now but I literally cannot do my makeup routine without it. It makes my lips moist and un-dry for hours on end and is such a good lip"stick" to put on under my usual lipstick, gives my lips a smooth base and as I said, keeps them lovely and non-dry. It is very expensive and that is one of the downsides to it. I did find it a tad bit cheaper on amazon but only by a couple of pounds. Considering the packaging is very basic and plasticy, I'm surprised at the price but I am quite happy to pay it as I don't think I could live without it now!