Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick (no tint)

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick (no tint)
Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick (no tint)

on 1/4/2018 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the products that gives me instant dermatitis on my lips. I really react very, very badly to it - not sure what causes it. I have reacted badly to many lip products before, and it generally seems like beeswax, menthol, lanolin (sheep's wool derived ingredient) and certain perfumes don't work for my lips - they swell up, get lots of tiny bumps, burn and peel off in strips. However, I also know that this works super well for my mother and sister - it totally repairs their lips, from crusty and chapped to perfect, in only a couple of days.

Many people think these are expensive, but I've never personally paid full price - there are many sites this can be found on for cheaper, and I've also bought a few of these for my mom at TJMaxx for $3.50 (not expired nor used). I just seem to always find these on sale somewhere, so look out for sales if you like this lip balm

on 1/4/2018 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Really emollient and likely the best textured lip balm I’ve tried. Works well to hydrate lips. Does seem to be used up quite fast though and it’s also expensive.

on 7/2/2017 2:18:00 AM

This is my go-to lip balm and I have lost count of how many I've bought. I get them at the airport in trio packs and use two at a time- one in my makeup drawer and one in my makeup pouch when I'm on the go.

Love:
- The texture is smooth and emollient, easy to apply onto lips.
- Scent is quite mild (to me!)
- Keeps my lips hydrated
- Is a good base for lipstick
- Stick format is really convenient

Dislike:
- The price- It comes up to about SGD $20 per stick or about USD $14. (But then again this is something I use about 10 times a day so the cost per use makes it worth it lol)
- Compared to other stick lip balms, this one seems to get used up faster. I use up 1 lip balm every 3 months.

Currently looking for a good alternative to this lip balm that fulfils the criteria above!

This is one of the best lip balm I've tried in a while, and my lips stayed chap-free even in extremely dry cabin air.

What's Good?

2. Easy Fading of Colors
3. Not Cheap

Full review and swatch (of berry and blush colors) at http://bit.ly/2oeXUNY

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A good lip balm but so very expensive.

on 8/20/2015 6:37:00 AM

This review is for the pot version. This product really works. It soothes and moisturises and get rids of any flakes and dryness on the lips. However, I cannot stand the smell of this. It has a chemical scent to it, I felt like I was eating petroleum jelly all the time. This product is also heavy on petroleum and contains parabens, which makes it the main reason why I will not re-purchase.

on 12/15/2013 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very expensive lip balm, but.. It works, it works very well. My lips feel well moisturised and softer. It's not a miracle worker, don't expect that, and don't expect it to last for 8 hours, because it really, really doesn't. But it does hat it says, my lips aren't chapped or dry. A good buy. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Good, solid and dependable lip balm. In the winter here in Northern Europe the dry heated air inside and dry cold air outside wreak havoc on my lips. This is immediately soothing and sets you up for hours. If my lips have gotten disastrously dry, I do a lip exfoliation (with sugar!) at night and put this on before I go to bed. In the morning my lips feel soft again.
I wish it wasn't so expensive, but it does work. Blistex and other no-name stick lip salves have been binned.

on 8/18/2013 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This product goes well with the other 8-hour products for superb winter skincare. Bit of a "medicinal" smell to me, for my husband "strawberry and banana."

on 8/3/2013 2:59:00 AM

V good product for winter and dry lips. would recommend.