4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Thinking about this one takes me back. This was one of the first perfume oils I ever used. I love how sweet smelling this musk is. Being that it is an oil it stays well on the skin throughout the day. The little bottle is fairly priced and lasts forever as you don't need much being that it is a fragrance oil. I love this one so much.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

2 years ago

I've had a 30ml purple bottle of this oil since 2013. I really loved it back then. Now at this point in time, it's just a like for me. I like the musk, but it smells too clean for my taste. There's a note in it that sticks out that I don't like. It sure lasts a long time on your skin though, and it's a great bargain.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

from

3 years ago

I have the old version (2007ish) of this that is in the clear, rounded bottle. It is in the same vein as Philosophy's Amazing Grace or Avon Sweet Honesty. Its a very clean inoffensive smell that melds with the skin. I've tried the newer version and although it is similar, it seems more synthetic and cloying. Love the old version and would buy up more bottles if I could find them!

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I'm mixed about this perfume. I like some other white musks better (specifically the kinds you can very easy get off eBay cheap that are generic or the brand "Fresh + Pretty" white Musk) becoz I swear I'm anosmic to this, I can't smell it after ten seconds. I have to douse myself in this. I normally can't smell myself after 5 minutes this is normal I am assured that is "normal" & "u wear perfume for others" (wth?????????!!) but this is especially frustrating becoz I wear the body wash, body cream, edt & oil all together I am probably bowling people over & I wouldn't know it even. I wish I could smell this on myself. My mom can smell it on me & it's not her fave she says. She liked Dior addict on me & jadore. I think I'll stick w my generic white Musk it's like $7 for 1/3oz & TBS was $20 on eBay. Shameful as it's the prettiest scent so transient thou!! ;/

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

I didn't buy this at the body shop. I was lucky to find the tiny bottle for $3 at tj.maxx. As for the smell, when you first spray it it does have a strong musky smell which I'm not a fan of. But after I love it and it stays in forever!!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Not Sure

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

3.0

4 years ago

The Body Shop White Musk Oil is very long lasting, its still very much there after putting some on before going to bed, getting up in the morning and it still smells good. What I like is that it does not change into something else, I know some people like a perfume to change but I prefer what you first apply is what you get and that is what to expect from White musk. The sillage is medium/good. I would describe this as feminine and velvety smooth. Suitable to wear for intimate situations, work or anytime to enjoy this cozy scent, its lovely.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

I've been wearing the Body Shop White Musk line maybe since around grade 9. I love it and it's the only scent that makes me feel like myself. Around college I've switched briefly to Lanvin D'Asperge, the only other scent I've ever worn beside White Musk. Now in my house I only have those two. White Musk and D'Asperge. But for me White Musk almost always win. I hardly wear the Lanvin one - although it's also another beautiful smell. The EDT version of White Musk doesn't last really long. EDP is better. I wear the deodorant as well. My childhood bf told me, before we were together, he once roamed around the mall trying to find the scent that I wore. Still remember that till this day, bring smile to my face. Whenever I haven't been myself, I usually wear this just to warm my heart. This line from the Body Shop, it has really become a part of me. Been wearing it for more than 10 years. Maybe reaching 15 years.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

5 years ago

Once this oil has melted into your skin, it leaves behind the most soft, powdery, warm and feminine scent trail. It lasts all day on me (I have gotten compliments 6 hours into wearing it!) and is one of very few scents that hasn't been messed with throughout the years. I've been wearing it regularly year round for 26 years and it still smells sexy, warm and clean, in a non-perfumey way. People around me think 'something smells really nice in here', instead of: 'I like your perfume.' When I wear it, I feel enveloped by its subtle warm powdery softness; it's my number one comfort scent. It's also perfect on days I want to make sure my scent does not overpower someone (dentist, doctor, long car ride, etc.). A little dab goes a long way, so I'm sure my newly purchased bottle will last for ages. Oh, and I prefer the newer purple bottle with the applicator to the smaller transparent one. The latter just feels a bit too 'teeny bopperish' for a grown woman. ;-) I hope they'll never discontinue this intoxicating oil!

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

6 years ago

I really really really really like this perfume oil! I've read that other people say that it is a very popular perfume and you often find people wearing it, but I have never smelled this on anyone. Maybe I just live in a country where The Body Shop isn't too popular (in addition to having few stores, argh!). To me it smells like white soap. I actually have a white coloured drugstore soap and it smells exactly the same way. Really it does. However after that the smell of the soap goes away, of course, like a soap should. This perfume oil, however, lasts. After the initial "white, clean soap" smell goes away, it smells more sensual. It's not overpowering, when you wear it people will smell it but they won't even know that it's you! I was wearing it one day in a room and people all started commenting on how come the room smelled like incense? The nice, authentic kind of incense that you smell in cathedrals, not the fake plastic kind. I also love the bottle, with the wand on the lid it's sooo easy to apply!

About reviewer (443 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

6 years ago

This is delicious! I describe it as a your skin but better scent. It's warm, sensual, comforting & really nice. It's definitely something that you can wear every day. Really nice. The price is right, it smells clean & nice. This is the kind of scent to wear when you just want to smell nice but not "perfumey" if that makes sense.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Dark, Warm