Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

3.7

.5% Salicylic Acid

on 4/30/2016 9:40:00 AM

Background information about my skin: I have combination but it is leaning towards oily, i have very sensitive skin with moderate breakouts, i have tried oil free cleansers but it does not get rid of the oil at all and severely drys out my other skin

As i said i have very oily skin, just ask my glasses. Anyway i was at target and remembered i needed a new face wash so i grabbed these. In one day my clogged pores are empty and my skin feels very fresh. I am not sensitive to fragrance but if you are these may not be for you as they have a very strong cucumber scent. Overall i like these but if i would purchase it again after running out i am almost positive that i would.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I used this for the first time this morning, it made my face feel clean and refreshed but of course tight and dry like all the Clear Complexion products. But that's not the reason I'm only giving it 1 lippie. I bought this from CVS because there was a sale if you bought a certain amount of Aveeno products. I bought two different types of the make-up wipes, which so far I love, and this. It wasn't until this morning that I looked at the ingredient list and was appalled. there are THREE different types of parabens in this product, one of which is the second inactive ingredient. Will not be using this unless I run out of everything else somehow. It is sitting under my sink now. Absolutely ridiculous, especially since Aveeno is not a dirt cheap brand.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE THIS STUFF!
I have pretty bad skin. Acne, blotches, uneven skin tone, oily and dry, sensitive, all of it. I have tried thousands of products in the past - all to fail, except for one that is now too harsh for my skin because it's getting dryer and colder. I have had these for about 2 weeks now, and I cut the pads in half because they are so big.
First off, I LOVE how sudsy and moistened these are. Moist toilette's or pads tend to be dry, but these aren't at all. I also love the double sided textures. The exfoliating side is gentle and removes dry skin and buffs out evenly, while the smooth side wipes away dirt, oils, makeup. I actually use this as my makeup remover, because all I use is powder and concealer face wise. It has made my skin flawless!!! Its evened out, no more oil or dry patches, no more acne, and it seems to sort of glow. This is my HG product and I recommend to anyone. Unless you have dripping oily skin and need something to control that, or your acne is so bad you could use prescribed medication.

on 1/30/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used this every morning as a nice refresher for my face. Scrubbed at my face with the rough side and then smoothed it away with the softer side, and then rinsed my face clean.

I didn't notice that my skin was glowing but I also didn't have any nasty breakouts as I tend to do. (Probably because this was in conjunction with my HG facial wash) It did the job of refreshing my face and waking me up in the morning, and the smell is pleasant and clean; nothing overbearingly fragrant or chemically smelling (as some acne products tend to do)

It's a really nice idea and I think they should make bigger sizes, so I don't have to always go to CVS to pick them up.

on 11/12/2010 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used to have acne-prone skin and those pads did wonders. They made my skin incredibly smooth and clear. I didn't use them everyday, though, only when I needed exfoliation because they seemed a bit harsh. Around a year after I started using those pads, I started taking a birth control pill that completely changed my type of skin. It went from acne/normal-ish to super dry. I had to stop using the pads because they literally destroyed my skin (I had patches of red dry, flaky, scaly skin on my forehead). The conclusion of my story is that you probably shouldn't use those if you have dry, easily irritable, or sensitive skin. If not, the results can be amazing.

I'm pretty sure those are discontinued where I live as I haven't seen them in drugstores in years (Montreal, Canada), though.

on 7/23/2010 9:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG face cleaner. I've been using it for years, and it still is the only product that clears my face up almost immediately.

About a month ago I got into the oil cleanse method and I went on a shopping spree of all new face products, I was so excited to try all my new stuff that I stopped using this product.

I broke out HORRIBLY. On the sides of my face, my chin, cheeks, I couldn't understand what was going on. My pores were clogged, face was rough, and it just wasn't going away.

I finally sat down and tried to think what was causing the problem... well it turns out it was what I WASN'T using that was causing the problem. I opened up my cabinet and saw the lonely tub of these pads that I had so neglected for a month and had one of those "Aha!" moments.

It took two days. That's it. Two days and my month of misery was on it's way to recovery. I will never again forget to use these pads in my daily regimen. I use the oil cleanse at night, and I use this scrubby pad in the morning and my face is back to glowing.

I love the rough side. I'm all about exfoliation and getting rid of dead skin cells b/c my face is prone to being dry, rough, clogged, and this "rough" side really does a great job of making my face super smooth.

It is true that you can waste this product, as it lathers up really well and then your face is clean and you still have an entire pad full of suds! You can actually cut the pad in half and use half and then use the other half the next day. Then the tub lasts twice as long!

I have no problem with the size or packaging. It sits in my cabinet so it really doesn't bother me.

on 2/5/2010 8:58:00 PM

I bought this in hopes of it working in conjunction with my acne medication (differin) to clear my skin. After using it for three weeks, here are my thoughts:

- I love the scent; it's pure and refreshing to me!
- Leaves my face feeling very clean and freshened.

- However, I found the exfoliating side to be too harsh and abrasive to my skin. My acne hasn't gotten much worse, BUT my cheeks and nose area have pink patches. These pads aren't gentle enough for me. Plus, they sting!

I am on my third container of these pads. I have acne prone, combo skin. This really does work. It is a salicylic acid treatment. One side is texturized to exfoliate and the other side is smooth. It really does keep my acne down to a minimum as long as I use it at least once a day. I stopped using this for one week and my face broke out horribly. I cannot be without these! I've tried a few other products in the drugstore. They don't work as good. I also tried Proactiv, that stuff did not work AT ALL on me. I love this and will continue to purchase.

on 10/7/2009 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nothing special about these cleansing pads. They are too large, they smell funny, and half of the pad goes to waste. They didn't help clear up my skin - I take this when I travel to other peoples homes. If I left them behind, I wouldn't be upset...

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I found it best to use these pads in the shower because the pads are textured, foam-up slightly and are large enough to cleanse my face, chest, shoulders, back and upper arms (they got rid of the little red bumps on the backs of my upper arms after a few weeks of continued use - same results on my sister-in-law) probably a result of the SA. They were a little too drying for everyday cleansing (for me) and worked better as 2x week exfoliator. They started disappearing and I discovered my husband was using up my stash (he loved them for his face). I haven't repurchased for a while because I have a few other scrubs on hand, but I would re-purchase if the bumps on my upper arms comes back.