Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads

3.3

.5% Salicylic Acid

on 8/10/2015 9:45:00 PM

These are absolutely marvelous. At first I wasn't too intrigued with these because they are huge and I assumed that they were only for light cleansing. But I was wrong, these are superb for removing eye and face makeup with little effort, and the best part is that yo only need one for your whole face. And girl trust me, I wear cakey makeup, I'm talking about full coverage foundation, eyeshadow pigment, waterproof liquid liner & lots of mascara. I recommend wetting the wipe with warm water and using the side with the "dots" for the face makeup and using the soft side for the eye makeup. It also exfoliates while removing the makeup and you can definitely tell. I can almost feel the dead skin cells coming off haha. I love this product. I have oily acne prone skin and also recommend using the avenue clarifying cleanser along wit the wipes for a thorough cleansing. I am hooked on these babies!

on 5/8/2009 10:13:00 PM

I really like this product. I like being able to see the grim, and makeup I've removed with the pad. I will also start to cut them in half bc they are fairly large. I like the exfoliating side alot. Its not to harsh at all. This to me is more convienent then the foam cleanser.

on 7/20/2006 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a good product, but keep in mind that like any acne cleanser don't go crazy and use it twice a day or yes you're face will dry out alot!This type of reaction reminds me when I first started using pro active twice a day and my skin dried out so bad it looked awful!( I soon found out that the product itself was not bad but that I was overusing it) I use it once a day and have never had any problems with it, works great! Keeps my skin balanced.

I totally and completely agree with the reviewers below that said this made their face feel like sandpaper. My skin was looking FABULOUS with my regular skincare regimen... and then I got an internship and had to move for 6 weeks. I HATE carrying around cleansers in tubes because I hate the risk of spills, so I bought these because I had used them for a couple days a few months ago and they were great for my skin. HA. Yeah, great for the skin for the 1st 2 days! After using them 2x/day for about 3-4 days, my skin started feeling.. like sandpaper. I even had rough spots (mind you, my skin was, prior to using these pads, glowy, soft, slightly oily even) and my skin on my cheeks was flaking. I would try to moisturize and my moisturizer (darphin arovita-c) and even the silkia camellia oil I would sometimes use (that normally made my skin super soft/moisturized) would just sit on top of my skin, it was that bad. My makeup looked horrific because it too would just sit on my gross, dry, flaky skin. Nothing I did was making this go away.. I had no idea it was these cleansing pads (bc I had previously used them, albeit only for a couple days but they had been great)! I desperately needed my darphin purifying gel cleanser, but because I wouldn't be able to get it for several days, I asked the skincare board for DS recs. I bought cetaphil cleanser for normal/oily skin and even after using it ONCE, my skin was starting to look better, it lost some of the desert dry/flaky/rough appearance, and looked smoother, softer, and more moisturized. I've been using the cetaphil 2 days now and my skin THANKFULLY is almost 75% back to normal. I am so glad I stopped using these horrible cleansing pads. Never again. OH- ALMOST FORGOT! My forehead also started developing tiny little bumps/acne, almost covering my entire forehead, and I started to break out near the hairline. Thank you cetaphil, the little bumps/acne started going away and are now almost invisible. My skin is normal/slightly combo, acne-prone, slightly sensitive typically. From the way my skin was looking before.. I never thought a cleanser could give me such horrific results.

on 7/7/2005 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Terrible. After only two days my skin felt like sandpaper and was slightly swollen at the very top part of my cheekbones. Looked like I had a sunburn and it took a good week to finally get my skin back to normal. This reaction surprised me because I do NOT have sensitive skin and can usually take just about any kind of product, but this definitely didn't benefit me at all.

on 6/29/2005 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product was a bit drying. I don't think there's anything special about them. The pads are huge and a lot of product is being wasted. I wouldn't buy again. It's a decent cleanser though and the pad feels great on the skin.
EDIT- OK, I've tried them again and have been using them regularly and they really have made my face less oily and my skin more smoother after a recent horrible breakout. I would definitely repurchase again.

on 6/22/2005 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hmm..hate to be the bad guy but these did nothing for me. Well, nothing positive that is. I have battled mild acne for most of my life and have tried almost EVERYTHING on the market. After running out of the cleanser portion of my Rodan and Field's CALM regimen(now renamed Unblemished) I decided to go for this because of the great reviews, even though Salycilic Acid has never really worked for me in the past. BIG mistake. After a weeks use my skin is so much worse, and it feels like sandpaper. So much for trying to save some money and not have to wait for my R and F cleanser to arrive. These are going the garbage. :-(