NIVEA Lip Care - Strawberry

Glides on
Dirt cheap
Good packaging
Great color

CON
THIS GAVE ME LIP BLACKHEADS! ugh the worst, and i know it was this product becuase they only apear when i use this!
NOTE: i do not have this problem with the PEARL SHINE formula

Read this review for an unpopular opinion: I rated this a "4" for price because in Australia it's close to $4 and that is not cheap for a lip balm... or at least, what I thought was a lip balm. Nivea Lip Care in Strawberry is actually a very glossy and shimmery red tinted balm/gloss hybrid. For a product of this type, I would have preferred more actual pigmentation and a slant in the shape of the stick so that I can apply it to my lips more accurately. But because it is so glossy, and too pigmented to apply as messily as it did, yet not pigmented enough to be an actual colour-product for my lips, I felt like a school-girl wearing play-time "lipstick" or someone who had eaten a popsicle and then kissed a bag of french fries. If this lip balm 1) were less glossy and actually functioned as a balm -- it was not moisturizing enough for me and did not sink into my lips, rather it sat on my lips like a greasy layer of oil... or 2) were in a lipgloss tube and had the consistency and pigmentation of a lipgloss... or 3) were more pigmented and less glossy and actually functioned as a liptint... or 4) had played up the camp/kitcsh factor and had Hello Kitty on the tube and a cat-head stick a' la Paul and Joe instead of what I thought was tacky, boring packaging... I would consider rebuying it. But since I am a very very fussy consumer, and also the smell and taste were too strong and reminded me of candy, it went in the bin. What a waste of $4.

I hate this product, it smells good, but I hate the color on my lips and how it feels on my lips. It feels watery to me, if that makes any sense :S. It's really melted in the tube, and I didn't even keep it around anything warm. The product just leaks through the bottom of the tube where you turn it, and the top of the tube just looks really messy from using the product. I don't recommend purchasing this product.

Smells really nice, has good colour, but it lasts for about 10 minutes and then you need to reapply. It really just dries out my lips if I use it alone. I prefer to use it as a lip gloss instead on top of my lypsyl. Also, I find that if you drop it, the cap will either stay on and chip or come off and the actual product will chip. Also, if you do not put on several layers then the colour will be a little bit funny.

on 4/29/2011 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've brought this a couple of times. I admit it's not the best moisturizing lip-balm out there, but it does give me a nice reddish pink tint that looks quite natural and the smell is really sweet and makes me want to eat it! I usually wear it under a thicker clear lip-balm. :)

on 3/14/2010 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

No, it isn't moisturizing on its own, but it looks really nice overtop of a red lip. It evens out the colour. I like to dab some Mac lustre lipstick on the center of my lip, not too much, spread it out and put this overtop and blend them. It is more red than just the lipgloss but more subtle and even than straight on lipstick. I always found straight lipstick too dramatic, and this is a nice way to make it just the right colour.

Well it wasnt sticky,overall the product was ok but it didnt compliment my skin tone.The balm did moisturise enough and had subtle shine.
It really depends on whether the colour suits you.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Cons: Waxy. Not moisturizing enough to repair any damage. Pack is not "attractive." Since it's waxy, if you apply more than one thin coat it feels really uncomfortable.
Pros: pretty color if you want a warm sheer red, nice scent, not too strong.

Wouldn't repurchase, too waxy to moisturize.

on 11/19/2006 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Texture is a bit waxy, but it is a moisturising lip balm. Unfortunately i had allergy reaction after using this. My lips became itchy, and soon i got sort of tiny beads all over. Couldn't believe it as i never had any problems with other Nivea products before. Maybe this lip balm is not for me.

on 12/22/2016 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i like this lip balm because it gave my lips a subtle red color and it lightened my lips . It looked almost like a lip-gloss . the scent appealed to many people however it did not really appeal to me , i was not very fond of the strawberry smell . My lips were moisturized only for an hour which i was very unimpressed about . The thing that i was most unimpressed about the night when i applied the lip balm the next morning my lips would look dry again . I really liked the packaging of the lip balm because it looked a lot like a lip stick .

Popular Lip Treatments