NIVEA Lip Care - Strawberry

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/11/2010 11:38:00 PM

I purchased this product after I saw my friend using it. It seemed like something that a "girl next door" would use. Sweet, innocent, and beautiful.

Let's start with the good aspects of this lip balm...
1) It smells absolutely wonderful! Definitely not too sweet.
2) It is fantastic with moisturizing my lips.
3) Pretty tint to it, although the balm is sharp red colored, it looks natural on the lips.
4) The balm is smooth and glides on easily.

Now, unfortunately, there ARE some cons.
1) The balm stick scrapes against the opening of the tube when I twist it in and out so it's a bit of a gooey mess.
2) I can see some red (the balm is red) at the bottom twisting parts of the tube, but it's not leaking out so I suppose it's okay.
3) If I put on too much it can color outside of my lips which can make them look irritated, so I have to be careful.

I will repurchase this because the smell is wonderful. This balm does not have any flavoring to it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this lip gloss many times. The first time I bought it, I was hoping it would give my lips a lovely red shimmer... it did... but VERY subtly. I find myself trying to apply LOTS of it, to try to get more of the red shimmer on my lips. My young daughter is happy about that, because she can use it too- its so subtle that she can use it without looking "made up", so shes allowed to share with me :-) Other than it being a little too subtle, it smells lovely, feels nice on and is a reasonable price. Definitely worth trying.

on 12/22/2010 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Nivea Lip Care in Strawberry moisturizes well. The texture is creamy and a little thick. I love how emollient and smooth it is. I'd been waiting for a Nivea strawberry balm for a while, as I'd picked up a Strawberry Labello lip balm on a trip to Europe and I adore it. Both have an artificial strawberry scent (although I prefer Labello's). The balm has a bright red tint that shows up as a sheer My Lips But Redder. It's not overwhelming on my NW10 complexion. I like it a lot and would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This lip gloss/balm is tinted slightly reddish/pinkish, and it has a strawberry scent to it. It comes out a tube, which you can apply nicely.
it applies very VERY smoothly, and it's not gooey or sticky AT ALL.
this is probably the least sticky lip gloss i've never used.
the smell is a bit artificial but it's not a bad smell.
one of the cons is that as you twist the bottle to make the lip gloss tube come up, the gloss tube scrapes against the packaging, making it waste the gloss and making it sticky.
but overall this product is THUMBS up~:)

This looks like a red crayon, haha.... Bought this recently and i thik its pretty good for the price. Smells nice, moisturises well and leaves my lips with a hit of colour and sheen. I like this better than Nivea Repair cuz it dosent feel too waxy.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Wow! This comes out so pigmented, but it is definitely a balm, and not a gloss. I love this strawberry shade, the soft but pigmented colour that comes out. I put it on as soon as I moisturise in the morning to ensure my lips are soft, and supple for the day ahead. I wish I could find more, but I think there are only 2 others at the chemist nearby, but definitely a bargain at $4AUD and better imo than the Cocoa Butter balm.

on 8/16/2008 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is such a gorgeous lip balm that is perfect for everyday wear. It has a beautiful smell and a light, creamy consistency that just glides along lips, leaving them so soft and smooth. It hydrates and protects my lips with a lovely sheer, red tint that's not overpowering or bright; but rather like you've come in from bitter cold, snowy weather with healthy, plump lips. Even after it wears off, it leaves lips smooth and hydrated and it's so easy to reapply during the day. The tube is small enough to just pop into your pocket or purse, yet has loads of product so that it lasts ages. I love this even more than my Dr. Hauschka lip care stick; which is divine!

on 7/24/2008 7:02:00 PM

This is another Nivea lipbalm which is surprisingly good. It moisturises well and gives your lips a nice colour-not quite as good as the Cherry one, but a nice colour nonetheless. It's super cheap and the packaging is fine.

on 6/9/2016 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is horrible. Atrocious. When I bought this lip balm, I had high hopes for it because it's Nivea. I LOVE their products and they never disappoint me. Until this. Can this even be called a lip balm? First of all, it does not moisturise AT ALL. It just sits on my lips and do nothing. Nothing at all. Secondly, it does not give any colour or shimmer. I am sorely disappointed. If I could, I'd rather not give any lippies.

on 1/10/2013 9:06:00 PM

Glides on
Dirt cheap
Good packaging
Great color

CON
THIS GAVE ME LIP BLACKHEADS! ugh the worst, and i know it was this product becuase they only apear when i use this!
NOTE: i do not have this problem with the PEARL SHINE formula