Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) 30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  30% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel Kit

3.3

Peeling Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Deionized Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. pH Prep Solution Ingredients: Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1 8/16/11

on 2/19/2009 9:59:00 PM

I actually went straight to the 50% glycolic when I saw that the website carried concentrations as high as 70%. My skin is pretty tolerant and I do not feel any stinging unless I happen to get some into an open pimple.
I am not sure if it is making a tremendous difference. Sometimes it seems that my skin is smoother, sometime ???? I am giving it 4 lippies since all the research shows glycolic acids to be very effective. My only peeve - they give you equal size bottles of Ph Prep sol'n and the acid but you have to use twice as much prep since you have to apply it before AND after the glycolic so end up with an empty prep and 1/3 of the bottle of glycolic. Can you buy te Ph Prep separately?

on 3/10/2008 12:38:00 PM

I know I am psycho about my skin and so I guess I should have listened to the directions that say that you should work your way up on this peel! I had gotten 30% glycolic acid peels at the salon about a year ago ( two months between each one) and they were the most amazing things I have ever had. SO, when the instructions said one minute, I disregarded because at the salon, they leave it on for about ten minutes. So that is what I did. Since I hadn't had a peel in so long, the peel just seemed to get off all of the extra skin that had accumulated recently this winter. So the next day, I did another peel for another ten minutes. WEll, I think I burned my face! Not bad, but like someone else said on these boards, it got my attention. So now I am going to wait a week and moisturize the heck out of my face and then leave the peel on for literally one minute and follow those directions. I am really impressed, though with MUAC. I got my peel in three days and the stuff is actually potent! I had tried another peel from philosophy and I didn't think it was all that special.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is absolute TRASH. Here's the story:
I went to my dermatologist; an excellent, well-known respected doctor for discoloration on my face. He mixed for me a big bottle of glycolic peel. I used it and within the week the discoloration on my cheek was gone along with the hyperpigmentation I've always had. Skin was remarkably smooth. Had this fabulous, celebrity glow to it. It was beyond a doubt the best skin of my life.
Unfortunately the results didnt last forever. My doctor had a stroke, stopped practicing and was replaced by a young unknowledgeable yahoo.

So I went to MUAC to try and duplicate the results I'd had before. I don't know what the HELL people are talking about! This trash is far from gentle. I followed the direction to a tee and it burned the hell out of me. I only used a few drops and left it on for 2 minutes. Next morning i had these tiny scabs on my face which resulted in what? More white spots. I thought that may have been a fluke so I tried it again on 3/4 different occasions and everytime I get that same crap results. It's not just me. My mom saw it in the bathroom and not knowing what it was decided to put a few drops on. It burned the hell out of her too. And it was pricey....What a waste.