3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I have been using this for at least 20 years. Do I need to say more? I guess I could:-) As a reference, I have sensitive, combo, occasional zits, oily noise with moderately open pores. I like to give this as the review really depends on our skin canvas. How do I use this: After cleansing in the shower. I am using Dermalogica Special Gel Cleaner at the moment. Sometimes by itself in the morning, I feel pressing and rolling this gently is a calm morning ritual. Texture: Pasty, mildly granular, rich, non irritating Scent: Hard to describe, I love it, nothing overwhelming, it is just really the ingredients in. Feeling after usage: My skin feels supple and hydrated and no need to follow up with a moisturizer. So yes, it does leave an oily film that is melting in as you pat your skin dry. Usage: I would highly recommend when the dry or cold season hits. I use it year round, NOT everyday...for me at least. Would be a tad too rich. I would also suggest to go on dr. Haushka's website to review how to use their press and roll technique which makes a wonderful massage. Value: Not using daily, a tube on sale is less than $20 and will last me 3 to 4 months. Other Dr. Haushka products I love: Tinted Day Cream, Neem nail Oil, Clarifying Toner. Dr Haushka's website has generous and regular sales, specially around solstice and equinox. Talk about being in tunes with nature...even their sales are:-) Great company, I order direct from them on sale. I hope this helps, I would like tot hank you for reading and sharing your experiences.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

a year ago

Recieved a small trial size tube of this with purchase and was excited to give it a try. Using AM and PM as the first step in my skincare routine, I dampen my face with warm water and mix this with a touch of water in the palm of my hand and then 'press' into my skin. It does become tempting to rub but you should avoid doing that according to the instructions. Repeat several more times and then rinse.  What I find with this is it's quite hydrating and on a night time I don't require a moisturizer afterwards. It's quite a novel method of cleansing (at least for me) and also slightly time consuming. I'm used to just foaming up a cleanser on my face and rinsing off. I did notice some slight brightness to my complexion but no difference on pores. It didn't break me out either which is a good thing and my skin actually 'felt' better, as odd as that might sound. I generally find the Dr Hauschka range to be hit and miss - love the ingredients and concept but I don't find that the products really do anything significant for my skin. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

a year ago

This is my favorite facial cleanser; I've used it for maybe four years now. I really like taking time in the morning to press it into my skin; I spend a few minutes, adding more water if necessary. I do think that it helps exfoliation, because whenever I stray from this product and then go back to it, my skin sheds a bit for a few days. When I first started using it, I noticed that my skin became brighter. I like that it is not overly harsh or stripping. I have normal to dry skin, and I use this only at night. I think that using it twice a day would be a little hard on my skin (I think it would be drying), so I use a creamy cleansing lotion in the a.m. I will say that the tube delivery system is kind of a pain. You want to get every last bit out of the tube, since it's expensive, and it can be really difficult. I suppose the tube keeps the cleansing cream moist and less prone to contamination, though. By the way, this product is not meant for removing makeup. If you are wearing makeup, use a makeup remover first (or oil, or whatever you prefer for that), and then use this cleanser as your follow-up cleanser.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I have a long history with Hauschka's products. I think I started to use them about 12 years ago and then something made me to stop. I do not remember what i was and why, but when I recall this time what I remember is I had the best skin condition ever (Somewhere in my head I could find flash back about my breaking out intensively, but now I know why) Of course - I was younger, that is true, but I would not contribute this to the age only. I was struggling to find the perfect products for my skin type (mature, oily but dehydrated, acne- and clogging-prone. Finally I stuck to Sebagh, Neostrata and creme de la mer products, but my skin was not perfect. As I have nothing to loose and hit the most expensive brands on the market, I though I would experiment one more time with Hauschka. First, replaced CDLM with the rose day cream (and saw huge improvement), then - I stopped cleansing my face in the morning with Sebagh cleansing foam, and used the cleansing cream instead (while still not changing the evening routine). I followed the instructions form their website religiously, but did not use the cleansing milk in the morning, prior to the cream (as I do not wear makeup at night ;)) WOW! WOW! WOW! I remember I stopped using this cream, as I was feeling it leaves a waxy residue, dries my skin out and clogged me. That was purely my fault, as I was using it improperly (ie. using too much product, do not removing makeup in the evening - just relying on the cream, treating my face to vigorously with it - dragging, peeling, etc). When used as it should, the skin i a few days improved - was balances, much less red, the oiliness was less - about 70% less that usual, and - the most important - my pores started to shrink and the impurities were dragged out of them. Moreover my skin look fresh, young and hydrated. I am still a bit hesitant to use it at night, I will see how long my skin will be improving and whether unwanted clogging appear (but nothing is showing this will happen) and I will move to cleansing milk and this cream as a evening cleanser. If you haven't try the product - pleas do. It not so costly, but may change your skin health and appearance :)

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

2 years ago

I keep coming back to this. moisturizing and exfoliating. i use it before hauschka;s facial toner and rose day cream. my skin is gooooood. i don't wear makeup-apart from lipgloss or lipstick so i can't say how it works as a makeup remover.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

1.0

2 years ago

I was looking for a good cleaning cream with natural ingredients. Dr. Hauschka is a stable brand here in Germany so I was ready for a good solid product but it does nothing for me. If you are caked up with make up like me this just can't remove it. I think it is more for people who doesn't use as much long lasting stuff. It isn't for scrubbing and it isn't strong enough. You might think that it isn't for remove makeup but to deep clean. Even for a after makeup removing deep cleaning there are way better products out there.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

3 years ago

My job gifted me items from the Dr. Hauschuka range. I got two of these cleansers. Usually I use the oil cleansing method to thoroughly remove my makeup. It's more of a clay consistency than a cream. It has rough granules in it. This did a decent job at removing makeup. It doesn't smell good. It contains alcohol and fragrance. The packaging got holes where it leaked. Overall a huge pass.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

from

3 years ago

I usually never nuz same thing twice, but this one just hooked me up. I am also not a fan of 'you should use only one brand', but dr. Hauschka made an exception to me and I swear by it <3... I had acne prone skin for last 20 years (start2at age of 10) and triennial many things. From drugstore, pharmaceutical, over counter, high end and corean cosmetics. With last two I get best results, but my skin never cleared and calm down tottaly. O found out that I have also needed to change/switch my skincare routine constantly (!) almost day byou day to combine and mix all products (cleansers , mask, toners, exfoliation, serum, aha, bha treatments, night/sleeping packs) of i wanted to keep my skin in balance. 10+layers almost every night orepair day... With dr hauschka mini kit for about 12e (13$) my world has changed. I admit, I didn't put no big hopes in it between try it out. O acumtually premore for another nasty break out of another very natural and over loaded with oils cosmetics. But my skin mirricaly cleared up from day to day more, breakouts dissappear and my skin looked so much better! I had never experienced something like that! And this with only 3-4products!!!! So I imidiately bought full size cleanser (which is great and smell amazing - but you need the time to work with it. No place for 'in hurry' ladies here), sprout with toner and apply melissa cream or balancing oil. For eye cream I use just their renovating mask (also include in introduction kit) and mix of clearing mask and to ercan as a spot treatment. Easy as this. Works miracle!!!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairOther

from

4 years ago

My skin is very difficult to work with. I have large pores on nose and some other places, my nose gets SO MUCH oily, I have acnes here and there (hormones, stress), also acne scars, and I often feel the rest of my face needs to be hydrated a bit more. Dr Hauschka products finally normalized my condition. They don´t do miracles, but it`s the only thing that noticeably works! Pores look a bit smaller and are really clean after I wash my face, oily nose IS GONE, rest of my face doesn´t feel so dry. Acnes are still there though but I believe I have to check my hormone status for that. I get why people don`t like this cleansing cream- smell and texture are so awkward and the fact that you need to press it in can make you give up on this product, but I didn´t and it made my skin so much better pretty fast. It doesn´t leave your face super dry, at least not until you spray toner. But you can still leave out facial cream when it´s night time routine and it will actually ballance your sebum production. Sometimes I use night serum, and for day I use mellisa cream, smells gorgeous.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

Great cleanser!!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOther, Other