OPI Cajun Shrimp

Cajun ShrimpCajun ShrimpCajun Shrimp

4.6

on 7/15/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Perfect balance of pink, red, orange. Great formula. Beautiful in the bottle and on the nail. If I could only have one polish, this would be my choice. Love it. Looks appropriate year round.

That said, it is very dependent on skintone and lighting. I have warm skin, and it is perfectly flattering on me. The mix of colors makes it fun and complex. Indoors, it leans more orange on me. I read reviews from other ladies who were not fans of this color. Maybe it is better for warm skin?

OPI (Koty) continues to raise prices (currently $10.50). I think that has been 2 hikes just this year (first $1.00, and this month another $.50). It seems like they are taking us for granted. But if you wait for the sales and use coupons, you can still get OPI for a reasonable price ($6 or less a bottle). Beauty Brands, Ulta, and now Sally Beauty have OPI sales several times a year.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am having a bit of a bright coral phase, so when I was looking to buy more nail polish Cajun Shrimp jumped out at me and I just had to have it! Cajun Shrimp is one of those classic, old-school OPIs that everyone seems to own so I was excited to try it out - and I wasn't disappointed! The colour is a very pretty orange-red coral. It is quite bright but not too neon, or in your face. It is a flattering shade on my skin and I do believe it would suit all skin tones. It has a creme formula, and applies smoothly and easily. Two coats is all you need. It did not run or apply streakily or patchily. It dried quickly and to a shiny finish. It is a great shade of summer coral to add to your collection. It's such a classic, flattering colour and has a reliable formula - I can see why it is an OPI favourite.

on 3/29/2015 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I usually hate this kind of color but I wanted something bright and warm-toned for a trip to Florida and CS was perfect. Easy-peasy application and BRIGHT Coral-toned warmth.
A classic.

on 2/23/2014 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Perfect coral color. So shiny and the great quality you expect from OPI. I have a mini bottle so the brush erks me. I like this color enough that I plan to get a full sized bottle.

on 2/15/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There really aren't words for how wonderful this color is: a bright, tropical red bordering on orange. It's my go-to spring and summer color.

The application is great. The brush spreads evenly, and the formula is pigmented and smooth. Two coats for full opacity.

on 12/16/2013 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have been wearing Cajun Shrimp on and off for years. I have so many polishes but always end up going back to this shade! I find that I can't go wrong with Cajun Shrimp, whether it's the dead of winter or in the middle of summer when I have a deep tan. I get so many compliments on this whenever I wear it. The formula is superb and in just two coats, I have perfect deep coral nails. I can imagine anyone would look great wearing this color!

on 7/8/2013 3:16:00 PM

I love this, I am so glad I "discovered" it a few weeks ago. I have been looking for the right coral polish for quite a while! Tried a few Essies first and was disappointed with the thin, uneven coverage & chips. Glad I finally tried an OPI as their formula is far superior & my manis last longer(their colors are just boring lately). Anyway, Cajun Shrimp is a very bright summery red on me. It does look a lil orange/pink in some lights but definitely red which I appreciate since it looks much nicer on my hands than a lighter coral would. So cute, would definitely use again& again

on 2/17/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This should be a staple in every girls collection. It is the perfect shade of red-orange (leaning more on the red side) to pair with a coral lip. Application is smooth and chipping is minimal for the first four or five days with a good top coat. Will repurchase again and again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love love LOVE this colour and I'm generally not much of a coral kind of girl. As usual with OPI you get perfect coverage in 2 coats and it is a gorgeous shade that in different lights can look pink, red or even orange. This also looks amazing as a pedicure colour for the summer. This is a staple that I will be repurchasing if I ever run out.

on 10/29/2011 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

If you happen to notice what pedi color I have on in the summer, it is 95% of the time OPI Cajun Shrimp. That says a lot because I get bored of colors very easily & won't stay addicted to one polish for long! Cajun Shrimp is a hot orangey-red coral that is perfect for summer. On my nails it's a bit bright, and for some reason I'm not too fond of it on long nails, but on toes it's perfection.
The lasting time wasn't spectacular for me but the shade is so so worth it. The formula is a breeze, one coat for near total opacity and two for a super shiny, opaque creme finish. It's a teeny bit thin but that's probably just me being picky.
If you're looking for a hot summer color, GET THIS. I usually think $8 for a polish is expensive but I will pay over and over for this!

Popular Polishes