OPI Cajun Shrimp

Cajun ShrimpCajun ShrimpCajun ShrimpOPI - Cajun Shrimp

4.6

on 7/4/2018 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What else can be said about this polish? Good formula but the color... So intriguing! These pictures don't do it justice, you have to see it in person. Red-coral-pink, yet it's a glossy creme with no holographic effect or glitter. I can't figure out how they did it but this color is great. I wear on my toes and it seems to go with anything I wear all summer long.
Love it, hope to always have this.

on 7/2/2018 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The perfect bright red-orange summer toe color for light olives! On my skin it comes across as a cheerful apple red. It has the typical OPI formula that will continue to apply smoothly for years -- I've had this bottle since 2014 and it's still going strong. One downside I have noticed is that it's a little more likely to chip than other OPI polishes, so I don't wear it on my fingers for that reason.

on 7/15/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Perfect balance of pink, red, orange. Great formula. Beautiful in the bottle and on the nail. If I could only have one polish, this would be my choice. Love it. Looks appropriate year round.

That said, it is very dependent on skintone and lighting. I have warm skin, and it is perfectly flattering on me. The mix of colors makes it fun and complex. Indoors, it leans more orange on me. I read reviews from other ladies who were not fans of this color. Maybe it is better for warm skin?

OPI (Coty) continues to raise prices (currently $10.50). I think that has been 2 hikes just this year (first $1.00, and this month another $.50). It seems like they are taking us for granted. But if you wait for the sales and use coupons, you can still get OPI for a reasonable price ($6 or less a bottle). Beauty Brands, Ulta, and now Sally Beauty have OPI sales several times a year.

I am having a bit of a bright coral phase, so when I was looking to buy more nail polish Cajun Shrimp jumped out at me and I just had to have it! Cajun Shrimp is one of those classic, old-school OPIs that everyone seems to own so I was excited to try it out - and I wasn't disappointed! The colour is a very pretty orange-red coral. It is quite bright but not too neon, or in your face. It is a flattering shade on my skin and I do believe it would suit all skin tones. It has a creme formula, and applies smoothly and easily. Two coats is all you need. It did not run or apply streakily or patchily. It dried quickly and to a shiny finish. It is a great shade of summer coral to add to your collection. It's such a classic, flattering colour and has a reliable formula - I can see why it is an OPI favourite.

on 3/29/2015 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I usually hate this kind of color but I wanted something bright and warm-toned for a trip to Florida and CS was perfect. Easy-peasy application and BRIGHT Coral-toned warmth.
A classic.

on 2/23/2014 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Perfect coral color. So shiny and the great quality you expect from OPI. I have a mini bottle so the brush erks me. I like this color enough that I plan to get a full sized bottle.

on 2/15/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There really aren't words for how wonderful this color is: a bright, tropical red bordering on orange. It's my go-to spring and summer color.

The application is great. The brush spreads evenly, and the formula is pigmented and smooth. Two coats for full opacity.

on 12/16/2013 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have been wearing Cajun Shrimp on and off for years. I have so many polishes but always end up going back to this shade! I find that I can't go wrong with Cajun Shrimp, whether it's the dead of winter or in the middle of summer when I have a deep tan. I get so many compliments on this whenever I wear it. The formula is superb and in just two coats, I have perfect deep coral nails. I can imagine anyone would look great wearing this color!

on 7/8/2013 3:16:00 PM

I love this, I am so glad I "discovered" it a few weeks ago. I have been looking for the right coral polish for quite a while! Tried a few Essies first and was disappointed with the thin, uneven coverage & chips. Glad I finally tried an OPI as their formula is far superior & my manis last longer(their colors are just boring lately). Anyway, Cajun Shrimp is a very bright summery red on me. It does look a lil orange/pink in some lights but definitely red which I appreciate since it looks much nicer on my hands than a lighter coral would. So cute, would definitely use again& again

on 2/17/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This should be a staple in every girls collection. It is the perfect shade of red-orange (leaning more on the red side) to pair with a coral lip. Application is smooth and chipping is minimal for the first four or five days with a good top coat. Will repurchase again and again!

Popular Polishes