Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lipgloss (All)

Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lipgloss (All)

3.5

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this while at Perth airport. The sales lady was saying it was a PWP item (I got a Jurlique cleanser) at AUD$10. I asked for a recommendation of shades and she got me Berrylicious. I didn't think much as it was just pretty cheap.

2 years later, I found this lying at my house and I casually used this. And to my amazement, it is really good. Very pigmented, very lasting. I am not a lippie person because nothing last on my lips. This last me till lunch time, even when I go through some breakfast and coffee in the morning, it last. The pigmentation pay off is great too.

The reviews seems very mixed here. Probably like any other lippies, it is really quite individual. I have very serious problems getting the right pigmentation, Colours and Staying power. Nothing shows up nice. But this works for me I googled and realised my country's airport sells at SGD$10 (US$7).

A generally good lipgloss, I have three of them very pigmented. The only things I don't like about them is one of them tastes revolting when I put it on my lips and another's wand has gone all disgusting. OK.

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/7/2014 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These glosses are an expense, though I must say superior quality. If you can get them in a set as shown in the picture, then your $ was well spent. Elizabeth Arden cosmetics are all very luxurious. This is a lip gloss which is meant to be attractive - featuring a glamorous shine - not a nightclub "in your face" type of sticky shine. It is quite beautiful, worn alone or over lipstick. The formula is moisturizing, color choices are amazing and it boasts staying power. Makeup artists use this lip gloss for celebrity photo shoots, which is what prompted me to try it out. I'm glad I did!

I think these lip glosses are pretty whatever. I don't hate them, but I don't like them. They claim to be very long lasting and pigmented and they stay on the lips like an average lip gloss and it isn't that pigmented. They smell terrible like a plastic scent. I like the way that they feel on the lips and yes they are very moisturizing, but they don't show up that well on my lips and they aren't the most "high shine" they claim to be. I don't really use them anymore because there are some in the drugstore that are far cheaper and better. The NYC lip glosses are quite amazing. The only thing I do really like about theses lip glosses is the luxurious, sophisticated packaging.

I have Paula Begoun, the "Cosmetics Cop" to thank for letting me know about this great product. On her website, she now has a "Best of the Best" category for products in a variety of categories. Seeing as I am an apparent lip gloss junkie, I had to check out this pick from Paula. I tend to agree with her product reviews most of the time. The only problem with Elizabeth Arden products is finding a counter where it's sold. Back in the day, Arden was one of the mainstays at the department store, right next to Estee Lauder, Clinque, and Prescriptives. Now their products are relegated to a relativity small retail space in Macy"s and a few other department store. This gloss should help put them back on the map. On to my review..

The packaging for this product, which retails for about 18 smackers, is elegant and includes a small mirror for application on the go. The doe foot applicator is soft, almost paddle shaped. You get plenty of product on the applicator, almost too much so, when you go to apply. I prefer this to other products where I need to re-dip several times for adequate coverage though. The gloss itself is creamy and moisturizing with a high shine finish. It wears exceptionally well. I put this on and had a Fudgesicle. I didn't expect to see gloss on my lips afterward, but there it was, still going strong. I picked up "Coral Kiss" which is a pretty peachy-pink shade. Not at all orange. There is a nice array of shades to choose from. A down side to this product? Can't think of one. My new favorite..

on 7/31/2013 2:49:00 PM

This is pretty good --- long lasting, moisturising and great shades too! I don't know why some people gave this product lower ratings but I'd give it four stars!

on 7/22/2013 12:49:00 AM

I have the High Shine Lip Gloss in Berrylicious

I love it. I love berry colours as they look more natural on me than nudes ever will.

This lip gloss feels nice, has a nice colour payoff, lasts well for a lip gloss, I haven't noticed any smell that others describe, nor have I noticed any particular after taste.

I've used it with a lip liner in a similar colour and am really happy with the result. Its a lovely colour for work or play.

Paid $20 for it at reduced price, but make up prices are horrendous in Australia, which is why I buy less make up from better quality brands.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got a set of four at Costco and they were very cheap. It came in:
Golden Pearl (peachy/gold)
Radiant Mauve
Shimmering Pink
Sparkling Ruby

The Sparkling Ruby... oh my! Quite the color payoff! It's quite pretty and I think some people are going to love it but it looks awful on my lips. Just too warm for my skin.

The other three are pretty. My lips are too dark for the pearl and the pink to have a huge impact. They are nice glosses but it worked out to $5 CDN for each one and I don't think I would pay any more then $7.

eta: these actually last a long time on my lips which is extremely rare. I am bumping up the lippies from 3 to 5

on 12/28/2012 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Elizabeth arden is hands down, one of the worst brands I have ever tried! I`ve tried this brand a lot because it`s readily available and have tried several of their glosses. The lipgloss didn`t go on evenly, was stick,y, poorly pigmented, and smelled horrible! The colors were nice enough but very shimmery...Elizabeth arden is known as a`brand for more matura women but their products are extremely tacky...
The lip gloss was more expensive then Mac, and the packaging was ugly...what a waste of money!

on 11/28/2012 9:11:00 PM

The colors are not bad. But the smell is really hard to bear...
The texture is ordinary.
I would prefer to spend my money on Guerlain glosses...