Bio Oil All Products

Bio Oil All Products

3.5

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color (Orange) D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

on 2/6/2018 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great product, I been using this product on my stretch marks for a while and its given me great results.

on 1/31/2018 8:30:00 AM

Yet another oil that breaks me out. Does it hydrate? Yes. My skin looked lovely until I started breaking out. Will I ever find an oil that's compatible with my skin type? I seriously doubt it but being the kind of woman I am that's keeps searching for the best skin of my life I'll keep trying! If anyone out there has any suggestions (the last oil I used which also broke me out was Now Foods Rosehip Oil) I'd love to hear them!

Edit 2-18-18: I've been trying this oil for the past couple of weeks on top of my serum and moisturizer instead of first thing after cleanser and toner/softener at night after reading an article by Renee Rouleau explaining that oils should be used as the last step not first and so far no breakouts but my skin doesn't seem to be all that hydrated either. When I used the oil before serum and moisturizer my skin became more hydrated but also broke out. Now I think I'll start experimenting with oils again. Wish I didn't use up all that rose hip oil on my cuticles!

on 1/27/2018 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like using this on my dry face in the winter. I don't know about scar fading an whatnot but it's a nice enough oil for my face. Smells nice, gets absorbed well and my skin seems to like it.

on 12/17/2017 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin with dry surface, with pigmentations from the pimples. I bought this product hoping it could help with mu dark spots, scarring. This product did nothing but i have tiny bumps and breakout especially on my chin and jawline.

on 12/3/2017 7:26:00 PM

I’m in love! I have very dry skin but I’m acne-prone, even though I’m almost 40. The changing weather and working in an environment with dry air really took a toll on my skin. I had so many dry patches and wrinkles under my eyes. I also had acne under my chin. I had used Bio Oil on my stomach during my 3 pregnancies & I never got a stretch mark so when I saw it at the drug store, I gave it a shot again. Well, I’m so unbelievably happy I did! My skin evened out and my wrinkles are almost unnoticeable. My acne cleared up & my skin looks so much healthier. I use it day and night & don’t use my moisturizer anymore! I highly recommend.

on 11/23/2017 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is one of the best things I've ever put on my face!
It even toned my face in a week. It gets rid of breakouts during just one night. It moisturizes. I use it all over the body, esp after shaving.
I don't like the plastic bottle but it never spills.
I've bought and used numerous bottles of this and I don't think I'll ever stop

on 11/11/2017 5:33:00 PM

All time favorite! I use it as a nightcream, as a mask and on scarves it is so multifunctional en good price quality

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

bought a small bottle of this stuff expecting excellent results especially considering it's ridiculously expensive! i paid 13 dollars for the smallest bottle possible!
i have been using this stuff as directed for acne scars for over a month now, and i have seen NO results at all! just absolute disappointment! it has NOT faded any scarring it hasn't made any of my acne go away, my face looks WAY worse than it did before! its made me break out in a bunch of tiny little pimples all over my face, it's made the skin on my cheeks and around my nose all hard and bumpy! the acne scars are STILL there as visible as ever, and even worse now because this oil has made even MORE acne appear on my face, it's done nothing but make my acne and make my face look absolutely horrible and made it even worse than ever! i regret ever wasting my money on this garbage, and believe me, i will warn everyone to not use this oil and make sure i NEVER touch this stuff again! this stuff is ccomplete garbage, a waste of time and money! to all of you who ever want to try bio oil, DON'T. I highly recommend you find something else, anything is better than this!

on 10/9/2017 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I woke up one morning with red, dry, patchy and puffy eyelids from using what I assumed to be expired eyeshadow. I freaked out, frantically googled ways to fix them since none of my moisturizers worked and stumbled onto Bio Oil. Was skeptical at first because it's used for stretch marks...but hey I was desperate and was willing to try anything! Guess what, it worked!!! The oil is gentle on the skin, very hydrating and absorbs quickly; even got rid of the small eczema patch on my cheek! I have since been using it on my entire face (including eyelids) before bedtime. 1.5 months of religious use later, my skin now looks noticeably radiant and soft! Foundation also goes on much smoother the next morning. I am most impressed by the fact that it didn't break me out at all because I have acne prone- oily/sensitive skin, acne rosacea, and enlarged pores. I don't use it in the morning because it's too oily for daytime wear. Once a day is enough to see results! :) very happy with this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a preliminary review - I plan to come back and add information and detail as I try it for different skin issues. I'm going to use this like Frank's Hot Sauce - "I put that sh*t on everything"

I am going to add it to moisturizers for both body and face, use it for scar diminishing and prevention, spot treat dry patches/comedones, try it on my nails, and apply to my 20+ year old stretch marks. We'll see how it goes.

So far, it absorbs quickly, which is nice. The scent is a powder room-y type of scent, not bad, but this oil contains a LOT of added ingredients for just fragrance. For that alone, I knock off 1 lippie. It also contains red dye. Both of these are totally unnecessary and I wish they made fragrance-free, dye-free oils, but I don't think they do.

Ingredients:

Botanicals

Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil)
Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil)
Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil)
Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil)

Vitamins

Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)

Oil base

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum)
Triisononanoin

Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde
Limonene
Linalool

Color

Orange: CI 26100 (Red 17)

So, I've been using the Bio Oil for different applications for about a week. I wanted to think this oil had potential, and it does for some things, but overall, it's a disappointing product. Above all, I hate all of the unnecessary fragrances added. So far, this is how I have tested it:

Lips - this oil actually made my lips dry. I tried it alone and topped with an occlusive. Either way, my lips were drier and more parched than before I used the oil.

On blemishes - I used this oil combined with neosporin for healing surfaced blemishes and the only thing of note is that it seemed to reduce the flakiness around each one and maybe a little redness relief.

I happened to get a surface linear scratch on my forearm and started applying the oil with neosporin on the first day. I applied it twice daily most of the time, sometimes 3. The scratch has almost completely healed at this point and I have a nice white scar. So much for scar prevention.

The most useful application I found was when I combined this oil with Deciem's Hand Chemistry Restore hand cream on my hands and elbows. I had previously been topping this cream with Vaseline shea butter gel oil. The Vaseline addition made a noticeable improvement in hydration. With this oil, the hydration was even further increased with a small reduction in crepe-yness.

I will continue testing it, but expect mediocre results at best.

Popular Body Skincare Products