Bio Oil All Products

Bio Oil All Products

3.5

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color (Orange) D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

on 1/10/2017 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have repurchased this over and over to help my cellulite because of the lack of choices I have here in the Netherlands, but I must say, I will do my best to find something else. It is relatively expensive for a drugstore product and didn't really help my cellulite nor scars. It's nice smelling and moisturizing, but mwah.

Pro:
- moisturizing
- nice smell

Con:
- doesn't do enough in terms of scars, cellulite, stretch marks

on 12/21/2016 3:41:00 PM

This review is just for the regular bio oil. I bought this after wanting it for a while, but I was too scared because of the mineral oil. I have extremely acne prone skin so I was just expecting to break out from this. I used this to treat my old acne scars. I have not broken out at all because of this, and I am really surprised. It has helped my skin tone and fade my acne marks very fast, considering how inconsistent I am with use. My mom even said my skin looked nice! If you have your doubts about this I recommend trying it as it is very effective.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use it under my moisturizer and bikini area during winter because I like to wear tights. Great for under the eyes and under lotion.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I live in the tropics and was on vacation a few months ago when I didn't have my insect repellent with me. The first day on the island was horrid! I developed allergic reactions to pollen and some bug I have yet identified. I happened to have this in my purse and out of desperation I used it as a substitute.

To my relief I did recover from the bite marks within a couple of days. But I couldn't leave my hotel room without it. I applied before bedtime too; not a single mosquito bit me in my sleep.

I haven't stopped using since. I'm not quite sure what it's for but it's not moisturising or anything. I apply a few drops on my hands when I'm driving especially when the car a/c is set to high.

I use it as a massage oil every night before applying moisturiser. Sometimes on my whole body. It's a must have for me. Living in a mosquito infested city... I'm at risk of dengue fever.

I can't review on the other aspects as I don't use this with the intention to lighten my stretch marks or anything of the sort.

It works really great as a repellent though lol

on 11/8/2016 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this product for my stretch marks, however it did nothing to improve them. It is also very greasy and not fast absorbing. The smell is nice but disappointed in a product that is relatively expensive. Will not purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

doesn't remove stretch marks, doesn't smell good, not sure what this is for

I like this oil because it does not clog my pores and break me out. It has a strong scent so if you are sensitive to that you may want to pass. I use it when the cold weather starts here in Chicago. That dry air really dehydrates and irritates my skin. This works well at night to give it extra moisture and relief. As for on my body for stretch marks (which i have) it did not help with those at all. It is pretty expensive so to slather it all over your body may not be the best if you want it to last. This also works great on your cuticles. This also soaks into the skin quickly so you are not a greasy mess after application. Its worth a try if you have dry skin.

Pro-
absorbs quickly
does not clog pores
hydrating
great for nails and cuticles
Con-
Kind of pricey compared to other body oils
stronger smell
does not do much for stretch marks and scars.

on 10/13/2016 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Disappointing product. I have not noticed any significant difference in my skin even when I have been using this product for more than a year. Save your money.

on 10/10/2016 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased Bio-Oil to try to reduce the appearance of some stretch marks. I was using it once, sometimes twice a day, every day for about two months. Absolutely no change in my skin.
Ok, well I spent twenty bucks on this stuff, it has to be useful for something, right? So I tried it on some recently acquired dark/red spots on my legs from mosquito bites, ant bites, random scratches. Nope, nothing. It really never even absorbs into the skin, just sits on top feeling gross. Which also means I get dog hair stuck to it, ew.
I still have half a bottle left, so maybe I'll try it on my feet with socks to see if it softens my skin.
It does smell nice, but that's due to some questionable ingredients...

Used this for the first time yesterday for some acne scars. I can tell a difference already. The smell is not my preference because it smells like roses. I also before I applied it, made a hydrogen peroxide, honey, and baking soda mask. Left on for 20 min, rinse and apply the oil. Woke up 3 hours later and my acne scars were lighter. The acne scars were fairly new. I repeated the same mask and applied the oil today. It's working great. I've also been using a scar gel periodically. It's the cheap equate brand.

Popular Body Skincare Products