Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands
Cover Girl Shimmering SandsCovergirl Shimmering SandsCover Girl Shimmering Sands TrioEye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering SandsEye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

4.3

This is a very nice eyeshadow trio to own.
Very shimmery and pretty.

Will buy over and over.

Too frosty for my liking. I even tried using it with winged black eyeliner and soft brown gel liner. I tried it with the sponge, tried it with my MAC brushes (fluffy blending brush, crease brush, flat brush) and wasn't impressed. A waste of money as I threw mine away. If you want a much better neutral palette go with Wet 'n Wild's Walking on Eggshells. It costs less and the quality is excellent for a drugstore shadow.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Recently I went on a road trip out of state for a wedding and halfway there I realized I forgot my makeup. I had to run into Walgreens and buy some makeup but I was trying to save money, so I remembered this little trio that I used to use in high school. I have always used these with a fluffy crease brush, and a flat shader brush. I find that the sponge doesn't work very well. I have a feeling those who can't seem to get any pigment out of these are just not using the right tools. The colors are so shimmery and blends beautifully. Such an affordable and amazing quality eyeshadow trio. It definitely saved my day on our road trip, that's for sure!

These eyeshadows are pretty nice. They are super light and no matter how much I apply they never show up really pigmented. The lightest color works well as a highlight. The light brown is a good all over lid color and the darkest shade is a good crease color. All in all I can't really complain. I have tried other covergirl shadows and found them too hard to work with but this is the best set I have used. So I would repurchase and recommend but with the warning that these are really really light...great for someone new to makeup or not wanting any severe shadows...

on 11/16/2015 8:51:00 PM

I'm gonna be in the minority and say that I don't really care for this eyeshadow trio. My main problem is that all 3 of the eyeshadows are frosted, and I hate that look- I think it's just unflattering. The lightest shade, for example, is waaayyy too frosty for me to like as a lid color. I like shimmer on my lids, not frost. Also way too frosty for me to use as a brow highlight- I prefer placing a matte shadow under the brow.

That being said, the lightest shade makes an ok highlight for the inner corners of the eyes. And the darkest shade, despite being frosty, still looks pretty decent in the crease.

I would not repurchase this product because it is just not to my taste. I WOULD purchase this for someone who is brand new to eyeshadow, because I do think it's a good starter product.

on 7/4/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this little drugstore gem. It's the perfect little neutral palette for summer. I like to wear the middle shade on my lids, the darkest color in the crease and the lightest shade as a highlight.

The name shimmering sands perfectly describes these shadows. They are shimmery and the colors combined with my blue eyes give the look if sand and sea. The colors are nicely pigmented and last nicely with a primer.

on 7/2/2015 1:49:00 PM

Love!!! Great Summer Trio.. please ladies give it a try and use a primer like urban decay and it will stay all day!

on 5/5/2015 10:59:00 PM

This was my very first eyeshadow palette. I was new to makeup, and I went to Target to buy some makeup. I went to the Covergirl section, and found this wonderful eyeshadow Trio. Even the name "Shimmering Sands" sounds wonderful! It reminds me of the beach. I will DEF repurchase this product!

on 4/28/2015 10:59:00 PM

i luv covergirl i have alot of covergirl make up all kinds of colors doesnt stay on that long and it lasts cheap price good deal as the price

on 2/23/2015 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dang!!!! So disappointed in this! After seeing so many youtube videos and reviews on this classic trio,
I finally picked it up No Bueno Perhaps they have changed the formula recently? I find this to be not very pigmented, a bit gritty and I need to scrub on it/use a colored primer (tried with Milani eye primer than NYX jumbo pencil in Yogurt) to get it to show up well enough and pack on a few layers. What the heck? So disappointed since I see so many rave reviews. Back to the store it goes..