COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands
Cover Girl Shimmering SandsCovergirl Shimmering SandsCover Girl Shimmering Sands TrioEye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering SandsEye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

4.3

on 2/7/2018 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't know what it is about this color, but a little wash over the inner corners of the lids makes you look awake and alive...even if you really aren't awake! It's magic!

on 1/15/2018 2:56:00 PM

CG’s TruNaked Goldens eyeshadow palette has lovely shades with rich pigmentation and a buttery formula that can give UD a run for its money.

The same can’t be said for this eyeshadow trio by CG. Though not quite as disappointing as the CG shadow quad in the same color family (Country Woods), these shadows lack pigmentation and have a dry texture that doesn’t apply very well. You would definitely need a shadow primer to make the brown shade show up in a substantial way. While it’s a pretty color, a light warm brown with a hint of shimmer, it goes on so sheer and isn’t very buildable. The other two shades are even more sheer. Good for blending but again lacking decent pigmentation. All the shadow colors are pretty, which makes it that much more of a bummer that they barely show up once applied.

on 1/10/2018 10:35:00 PM

Fantastic trio !! You get a highlighter / eyeshadow / face contour all in one. This is a take with you compact! I use the dark brown as a face contour - it's the same color as Kevyn Aucoin's face contour. The lightest shade is a dupe for any and all highlighters out there! All this and for $4.25. Can't beat it. I highly recommend !!

This is a very nice eyeshadow trio to own.
Very shimmery and pretty.

Will buy over and over.

Too frosty for my liking. I even tried using it with winged black eyeliner and soft brown gel liner. I tried it with the sponge, tried it with my MAC brushes (fluffy blending brush, crease brush, flat brush) and wasn't impressed. A waste of money as I threw mine away. If you want a much better neutral palette go with Wet 'n Wild's Walking on Eggshells. It costs less and the quality is excellent for a drugstore shadow.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Recently I went on a road trip out of state for a wedding and halfway there I realized I forgot my makeup. I had to run into Walgreens and buy some makeup but I was trying to save money, so I remembered this little trio that I used to use in high school. I have always used these with a fluffy crease brush, and a flat shader brush. I find that the sponge doesn't work very well. I have a feeling those who can't seem to get any pigment out of these are just not using the right tools. The colors are so shimmery and blends beautifully. Such an affordable and amazing quality eyeshadow trio. It definitely saved my day on our road trip, that's for sure!

These eyeshadows are pretty nice. They are super light and no matter how much I apply they never show up really pigmented. The lightest color works well as a highlight. The light brown is a good all over lid color and the darkest shade is a good crease color. All in all I can't really complain. I have tried other covergirl shadows and found them too hard to work with but this is the best set I have used. So I would repurchase and recommend but with the warning that these are really really light...great for someone new to makeup or not wanting any severe shadows...

on 11/16/2015 8:51:00 PM

I'm gonna be in the minority and say that I don't really care for this eyeshadow trio. My main problem is that all 3 of the eyeshadows are frosted, and I hate that look- I think it's just unflattering. The lightest shade, for example, is waaayyy too frosty for me to like as a lid color. I like shimmer on my lids, not frost. Also way too frosty for me to use as a brow highlight- I prefer placing a matte shadow under the brow.

That being said, the lightest shade makes an ok highlight for the inner corners of the eyes. And the darkest shade, despite being frosty, still looks pretty decent in the crease.

I would not repurchase this product because it is just not to my taste. I WOULD purchase this for someone who is brand new to eyeshadow, because I do think it's a good starter product.

on 7/4/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this little drugstore gem. It's the perfect little neutral palette for summer. I like to wear the middle shade on my lids, the darkest color in the crease and the lightest shade as a highlight.

The name shimmering sands perfectly describes these shadows. They are shimmery and the colors combined with my blue eyes give the look if sand and sea. The colors are nicely pigmented and last nicely with a primer.

on 7/2/2015 1:49:00 PM

Love!!! Great Summer Trio.. please ladies give it a try and use a primer like urban decay and it will stay all day!