Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara
Volume Glamour MascaraBourjois Volume Glamour Mascara

3.8

WATER PARAFFIN CYCLOMETHICONE BEESWAX TRIETHANOLAMINE STEARIC ACID PALMITIC ACID ACACIA SENEGAL GUM EXTRACT CARNAUBA WAX C11-13 ISOPARAFFIN ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE DIMETHICONE PHENOXYETHANOL RICE WAX PANTHENOL METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN TALC ETHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN. (MAY CONTAIN): ULTRAMARINES IRON OXIDES MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE CARMINE FERRIC FERROCYANIDE.

on 11/4/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

To be honest, I bought it because I like Bourjois girlish packiging. The mascara doesn't do wounders. It isn't a bad mascara either. Makes my lashes look nice but doesn't make them optical longer or give them extra volume.

This is my favourite mascara most definitely at the moment. I have long, thick lashes and it's quite hard to find on that doesn't clump...but this one is perfect!! It separates each one and is pretty perfect to be honest!!xx

on 5/3/2011 10:28:00 AM

This is a fabulous mascara, there are numerous versions of Volume Glamour, I have ultra black (I don't notice it being any blacker than normal tbh) but there's also a curling one, an ultra care one and the standard one.

I've owned the standard one and ultra black, both of them are brilliant and the others get great reviews. I hope Bourjois never stop selling this mascara, it's great for day time and for evening wear, it's not heavy, it doesn't clump, it doesn't make your lashes hard and crispy, it doesn't flake and on me it doesn't smudge too badly either - around 16 hours after application I might get smudging but that's nothing to complain about for me.

My lashes are medium length and to be honest quite sparse from years of pulling them out due to trichotillomania, I find that this mascara does a great job of making them look longer, thicker and blacker without irritating my eyes.
I guess one gripe I'd have is that the tube entrance is fairly wide and doesn't scrape the brush off so you're left with a blob of mascara at the end of the brush most of the time - very annoying but if you just scrape it off it's fine, I clean my tube fairly regularly so it doesn't get all goopy.

Reasonable price, non irritating, nice looking tube, good for all occasions. You can't go wrong with this.

FYI - I also own YSL Faux Cils and whilst i find Faux Cils to give you more oomph, there isn't a huge amount of difference I would say... I save the Faux Cils for special occasions but I would purchase bourjois over YSL purely because of the price factor and that there isn't double the price worth of difference.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this will prob be one of the few or only negatve reviews that i will have to write about bourjois products. i got this mascara on sale for 10$, so i decided to try it. i liked it the first time i tried it. the formula is really really wet. did not do much for me.

on 4/1/2010 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have long lashes but could do with abit more volume..

and i can tell you this is not the product to do that. Packaging looked lovely nice shape, brush and the formula at a glance looked good.
Application... not so great! literally no volume at all, i've had better volume from mascaras which do not advertise themselves as volumisers.

It made my lashes look stubby a second coat didn't thicken it up and all. very disapointed in this product.

It also became the first mascara i have ever returned.

on 3/2/2009 1:01:00 PM

This is the BEST mascara I have ever used in my whole life!!! I can not even express my love for this stuff ... You see, there is not a single mascara in this whole world I left untouched (OK, not quite, but you get the idea :)) ... and I must say I always ended up hating on them.
But this one? No clumps, no flaking .... Aaah, paradise :)) I think it is a really black black, the only thing I must admit is, that it is not an extremely dramatic mascara. But I love it as it is and I am happy I finally found my HG mascara <3

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is a good basic, natural looking mascara. IMO, it wears better after it ages awhile. When this gets dried out a little it goes on easier. It still will smudge a little bit on my top lid (and mine do not sag!). Overall, for the price it is better than d/s mascaras, doesn't dry out my lashes and looks descent without flaking. This mascara has a normal brush too, not a huge giant one. I would like for this to be more volumizing, but then it would be pretty close to the "perfect" mascara that doesn't exist.

on 3/3/2008 1:04:00 AM

i am still on the hunt of the "perfect" mascara. its a long a treacherous journey ;) but i am trying.
its one of the better mascaras i've tried. it doesnt clump, it lifts them a little bit. but it doesnt lengthen at all.
its a great day mascara, when you need a little something but you dont want "look at me" lashes.
good for the price to!
so i will buy again, but hopefully i will find something better.

on 1/5/2007 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

MAC NW15 to 20, medium brown hair now graying a bit, hazel eyes; "normal" lashes: I bought this mascara mainly because I had to return something at Sephora without a receipt (so I knew I would end up with store credit); because I fancied a new mascara (even though I have two fairly new ones right now); and because it had fairly good reviews. Well, I wan't disappointed! First off, the packaging is gorgeous: pink satin-finish cap on a "full-figured" black tube. Secod, with two coats, it applies quite nicely, not a lot of clumping (I don't believe that a nonclumping mascara even exists), A LOT of length (ironically), and moderate volumizing. I never get "raccoon eyes" or flaking with mascara, so I can't speak to those issues. You should know that I don't beleive an HG mascara exists: there are way too many confounding variables. However, as of this writing, I would buy this again despite the larger-than-I normally-spend price tag -- $16 -- but I'll update later to let you know how it fares with time. EDIT: Too gloopy. Will not repurchase. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this is great. It's like silk in a tube and no the volume isn't great but because it's buildable.... you get TONS of volume when you apply more. My lashes are gorgeous right now. Love this, hope that it isn't discontinued though. Much better than yes for volume no for clumps, that just does zip on me!

UPDATE: I think this is HG material...my lashes are gorgeous and also are SOFT and not dry and brittle. It doesn't even feel like i'm wearing any mascara. So much for all those comb mascaras they are nothing compared to this "classic best seller". I will rebuy this as it's a decent price and it's just a beautiful mascara to use.