Prescriptives Vibrant-C Skin Brightening Eye Cream

Prescriptives Vibrant-C Skin Brightening Eye Cream

3.5

WATER\AQUA\EAU [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] POLYETHYLENE [] POLYPERFLUOROMETHYLISOPROPYL ETHER [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] METHYL GLUCETH-20 [] GLYCERETH-26 [] BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) [] CETYL ESTERS [] ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE [] DIMETHICONE [] GELLIDIELA ACEROSA (ALGAE) EXTRACT [] HYPNEA MUSCIFORMIS (ALGAE) EXTRACT [] YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE [] GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT [] CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] GLYCERIN [] SUCROSE [] SIMETHICONE [] SODIUM PCA [] CAFFEINE [] UREA [] SUCROSE STEARATE [] POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE [] ASCORBYL TOCOPHERYL MALEATE [] LECITHIN [] POLYBUTENE [] SILICA [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8 [] GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE [] AMINOPROPYL ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] HESPERIDIN METHYL CHALCONE [] STEARETH-20 [] PEG-8 [] POLYQUATERNIUM-51 [] PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE [] TREHALOSE [] DIPEPTIDE-2 [] PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7 [] CARBOMER [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] MICA

on 4/30/2009 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was sooooo dying to try this based on the early reviews. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. It's really nothing special at all, and the steep price is definitely not worth it. There's nothing really wrong with it, I was just expecting something special I guess. I like that it comes in a pump bottle, but it doesn't have anything else going for it. No changes in shadows under my eyes, doesn't soothe my eyes particularly well, and it doesn't have an immediate brghtening effect either. I don't really like the consistency either, but I can't explain why. This one's a miss for me.

on 3/12/2009 4:33:00 PM

I've tried many eye creams but nothing ever works for various reasons... some are too heavy, some dry me out, some do nothing... this is the very first one where I know it's working correctly.

The bottle clearly claims that first and foremost: this is an eye brightening treatment. That's exactly what it does, very well! The light pink color with shimmer is very subtle but it's the perfect thing to deflect away shadows while covering up the darkness a little. Concealer on top goes on smoothly and also helps to camoflauge.

The super bonus to this is that it REALLY helps with puffiness. I've had terrible puffiness for the past 10 years and finally, FINALLY, I don't anymore. And I really don't sleep much so that's saying a lot. As far as wrinkles go.. I don't have a ton but I do have more fine lines under my eyes than anyone I've known or seen that's my age. I can't tell for sure if this is helping with that situation but I'm so happy with all the other things that I love about this product, I'm inclined to keep on purchasing it! I use this morning and night and I still have quite a bit left after purchasing over 4 months ago. I just need one tiny (v. sanitary) pump and I split that for both eyes with plenty to spare.

EDIT: I've switched over to a Clarins products - this started to not work as well, and after using Clarins for awhile, I realize that this one wasn't moisturizing enough. Still think this is great for puffiness and brightening. Maybe I can find a way to use them both?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product based on the excellent reviews I had heard about it. However this did not work for me at all. The shimmer in the cream does brighten the eye area, but I didn't feel it actually helped correct the underlying dark circles. On top of that, it really stung the outer corners of my eyes and dried my undereye area out horribly. I did however feel it reduced puffiness significantly, and I liked the pump design. Overall, this is probably ok as a morning eye cream, but you will definitely need something more moisturizing at night. I wouldn't repurchase because I prefer an all-round product.

on 2/27/2009 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used this eye cream for a month and didn't notice any changes. The cream is pink and has glitter so your first reaction is WOW, this does work. But because of the pink color, it's just hiding them. This did dry my eyes, I have beginning stages of fine lines, they are soo tiny but after a while that's all you saw when I used this. I've had better luck with L'Oreal Skin Genesis eye cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have gone back to this product after trying others like Aveda, origins and benefit as I think this is nice to use and does what it claims to. You notice the benefits straight away dark circles disappear and eyes appear bright and white! I am going to try the La Prairie one as the reviews are good and would likie to see the difference as am nearly out of this product now.

on 9/5/2008 3:30:00 PM

This product didn't moisturize but I did notice one thing which keeps me using it.

When I was testing it. I used it on one eye and went and looked in the mirror. My one eye did look brighter. I have a pretty deep wrinkle under my other eye and I noticed when I used this it helped to hide the wrinkle. After using this the wrinkle looks like it nearly disappears! It's not gone but it's well hidden by the light reflectors in this.

I have since moved on to using two other of Prescriptive eye products the super line preventor and the anti-age with spf25 but I keep this one around for days my eyes need a lift.

on 9/5/2008 3:30:00 PM

on 8/28/2008 7:44:00 PM

This was the worst eye cream I ever tried. This actually dried up my eye area instead of moisturize it and it accentuated every fine line.

This product did nothing at all to brighten my under eye area nor did it reduce any darkness or puffiness. Not on immediate application nor on long term use. A total waste of $38....I will not be buying this again. Save your money.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried soooo many eyecreams now and have never noticed much difference after applying - kept going back to cold teabags. (if all else fails)
I don't have seriously dark circles or major bags but enough that a night without sleep will make a big difference!! This cream is really nice - i don't know if it will fix the problem long term, but short term it really makes a difference! its soothing and brightening and if you mix it with a good under eye concealer the results are amazing!! great little pump as well.