MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Decorative

No Image

4.5

on 5/28/2004 12:47:00 PM

This particular color is what I would call a GothLite color. It's a deep purple in the tube but goes on the mouth a kind of wimpy and shimmery blackened plummy lavendar. Probably pretty with the right coloring. The brush is a nice idea but my hair still sticks to the product on my lips and the lasting power is about as poor as the Lipglasses. Nice but not a keeper.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this because it looked so good on my co-worker. On me though, it's just another basic plum with red tones. I do love the texture though. The lustreglass formula is slicker than lipglass which feels gross as it wears off or if too much is applied. Not sure if I'd buy again, but I'll reach for it more once fall begins.

on 1/3/2007 2:02:00 PM

Really gorgeous rich plum. Definitely more pigmented than a lot of other lustreglasses, though staying power lacks. Really compliments green eyes and fair skin.

Once it runs out, I wont be repurchasing.
Way too many other MAC colors and textures of glosses to try!

Having owned two other lustreglasses, I was pretty shocked at how pigmented this one is -- Decorative is a shimmery dark berry that goes on much more true to what it looks in the tube than many of them. I usually blot this a bit to even out the color and tone it down a bit, but it's a nice color, if a bit average.

Hmmm. .now I love MAC lipglasses so I was excited about this product. I really like the sheerness of it but it lasts about 10 minutes on me. I hate that. The color runs all over the place and globs in some places. I guess I am overapplying trying to get it to stay. The color descriptions are pretty accurate. This is ok if you don't mind reapplying or living without the really glossy effect you get when you first apply. I will stick to lipglass in the future.

on 5/9/2004 12:50:00 PM

I'm really torn on what rating I should give this product. The color is BEAUTIFUL (deep red / purple)! Exactly the color I've been looking for. So, for looks of the gloss, I give it a 5.
The problem with this product, at least on my lips, is that it wouldn't stay put. It seemed to slide right off of my lips, and bleed onto my face. I've never had this problem with a gloss before. I was wearing a liner, and this gloss marched right over that, and settled around my mouth. I wasn't eating, talking, or doing anything weird, but 5 minutes after I applied it, it had all moved around on my face. Normally, I'm pretty good with gloss too, I don't loose it when I eat food or drink something, so this migrating gloss was really out of the norm for me. For wear ability I give it a 1.
That plus the 5 I gave it for looks averages out to the 3 rating I gave the gloss overall. I guess if you can get past the slimy texture this has and if it stays put on your lips, then it's great. Just beware this might slide around your face. continued >>

on 5/2/2004 4:00:00 PM

First off, LOVE the brush on this. I was never a fan of the sponge tips on the Lipglasses. The colour is also great, much more sheer and wearable for most people than it might be assumed from the tube, from which it appears to be a dark purpleish red. On the lips, Decorative is a clearish, sparkly rose that catches the light and looks romantic and urban at the same time. Oh... and let's not forget the texture, which is silky and light. All in all, I'm loving these new Lustreglasses! ***EDIT*** Okay, I was wrong... the brush sucks and the entire tube is contantly getting leaky and sticky. I still like the colour though, but, I don't think I will be purchasing another Lustreglass.

This is a beautiful gloss. It looks dark in the tube but is actually quite natural on. You don't even have to think about applying it-- it wears so well. I don't really like the little brush-- it gets super wonky as I use it. Good thing the gloss is super forgiving as applying it with the frayed brush is tricky.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I like this shade for the fall and winter months. It reminds me a lot of Pop Mode lipglass which is more pigmented and lasts longer. Decorative is a bit more burgundy but still in the same color family. I would not buy this again only because I prefer Pop Mode over this.

on 9/22/2009 11:40:00 PM

I did not buy this, I only tried it in the store considering it's fall and I want a plummy stained looking lipgloss. But this was just too dark. It looks all gorgeous in the tube and knowing Lustreglasses are sheer I tried this on and it just did not work for me! How I wanted it to!!!!!!!!! But it did not, it was too dark, maybe good for Halloween. But formula and texture is all good like all Lustreglasses, plus the hints of gold glimmer would look awesome. I think it would look awesome on dark skinned girls!!!