Chanel Precision Eye Tonic Dark Circle Corrector

2.5

***
UPDATE: unfortunately, it ended up POSSIBLY drying out the area under my eyes a bit also...but it was hard to tell if it was it or something else, since I'm always trying new things. I still have the same bottle and still use it whenever I am going out b/c I think it does help *a little* (and temporarily) just doing it superficially like that from time to time. But can't say I stand by the thrill of my original impression :-( ***

WOW! This is the first dark circle treatment I've ever used where I honestly feel like I can SEE a difference VERY QUICKLY. I can't use a lot of the vitamin k products out there because they practically burn off the skin under my eyes, but I have been using this twice a day (followed by Vanicream where laugh lines will eventually appear) and I have not had that happen so far. Not only does it aborb 100% (and very fast, at that- it is a tonic and not an "eye cream"), it makes the area look better without looking all ridiculously shiny and sparkly like some. My makeup appears to go on better, stay on better, and I have DEFINITELY lightened up on my concealer from practically the first use or two of this. I am not a brand loyalist, so I have no "investment" in giving Chanel a great review on this. Now, I still have dark circles and you can still tell when I get more or lesser amounts of sleep by my undereye area, but this stuff is THE BEST SKINCARE PRODUCT I"VE EVER TRIED FOR DIRECTLY ADDRESSING MY PROBLEM. I am beyond thrilled.

This is a new product from Chanel, to help undereye dark circles. My dark circles are VERY dark, inherited. I've been using this product 2x a day religiously for about six (6) weeks. I usually use this with an eye moisturizer.

The package directions advise 3 applications per session. I did a single (1) application per session.

I did see a noticeable lightening immediately on the first application. However, I wanted a more dramatic change for the $50 price. Based on the advice of the Chanel counter at my local Nordstrom that it may take a few weeks, I kept applying it.

Over the past week, I've started noticing that my dark circles are MUCH lighter. The Eye Tonic package says it takes four weeks--for me it took six weeks. They have not disappeared completely, but now it is NOTICEABLY brighter--much much closer to the rest of my skin tone-- I am pleased with these results. I am still using a concealer--but a much sheerer one and I would consider leaving the house w/o a concealer at all (I never would have before!).

The application is fine--you use a steel ball applicator which is smooth, cool and pleasant. The product absorbs in a few minutes.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have serious hereditary panda eyes and I've tried absolutely everything. This is the only product that has made any diffrence! I apply both AM (under Clarins eye balm)and PM (under Shiseido Benifiance Eye Cream) and circles were distinctly lighter by the time I finished first bottle. The roller-ball applicator feels great on skin too. I developed a tiny patch of dry skin on one lid as another reviewer mentioned but it's a small price to pay for getting rid of dark circles!) However, circles were back in full force when I stopped using for 2 months.

EDIT: Bad news, the dry patch turned into itchy bumps when I started on my 4th bottle.... I returned it and will NEVER buy this again.

EDIT2: This product left me with scarring on my eyelids that took about 2 years to completely disappear. If you experience any reaction to this product, I'd strongly recommend to stop using it immediately.

I am absolutely thrilled with this product! For the first time since I began wearing makeup (I started when I was 15 and now I am 40)I am no longer wearing concealer(all I wear now is my Bare Minerals foundation). I actually purchased this product on a whim exactly one month ago today, and I must say that I have had incredible results. Not only has it diminished my dark circles, but it has seemed to help with the overall firmness of the area. My eye care routine is to use the Eye Tonic morning and evening. In the A.M., I follow it with Christian Dior Capture R60/80 Eye Cream (for line smoothing), and in the evening I follow it with my beloved Shiseido Benefiance eye cream (for hydration). I read in some of the other reviews that this product caused burning around the eye area. I have not experienced any discomfort whatsoever, and as a matter of fact I really look forward to applying it because of the cooling effect it has on your eyes. You do have to use it faithfully for 1 month to see substantial results though. I noticed that my eye area seemed firmer after the first week, but my dark circles did not substantially diminish until week 4. If you have just purchased this product, make a commitment to use it for at least a month and hopefully you will get the same great results as I did. I hope they never discontinue this stuff!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

TERRIBLE product !!

Pros:
packaging
applicator

Cons:
pricey
opposite effect
causes pigmentation

I tried this out with the chanel precision line repair and i have to say, it was the worst product ive ever touched to my face! I noticed after 3 weeks that not only was it making my dark circles worse and the skin under my eyes look dehydrates, it was causing tiny little pigmentation spots!!! i immediately stopped using this tonic and gave my eyes a bit of a rest from all creams.

After a few months, the spots have only seemed to lighten after a few weeks of using a lightening cream called "Kojivit" (available in pharmacies in Dubai, not sure about anywhere else). this cream lightened my dark spots and udner eyes....for a fraction of the price.

DO NOT buy this tonic.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have horrible dark circles under my eyes (they're a trend in my family) even though I get enough sleep and eat as healthy as I can. I've been using eye creams for a couple of years now and nothing really ever worked until I bought this. I was totally reluctant to pay 38 GBP for it, but now I'm just sorry I haven't bought it sooner! My dark circles have dramatically changed to match the skin tone of the rest of my face and look less puffy as well. I cannot say enough good things about it. Do I wish it was cheaper? Absolutely. But considering the way it works on me, I could not have asked for anything better. The only problem is that from other reviews there is alot of negativity about the product. I really wish it worked for everyone the way it did for me because it is totally unfair for people to pay that kind of price and not have the product work for their needs!

at first ı can say that ı worked on me perfectly. ı have dark circle problem for a six mounth and started to usse better eye treathments( before this problem ı was using clinique all abaut aye rich as nearly all of us:)). after that ı bougth hylexin and it didnt worked on me, than ı bought revigen and used it (seller advised to use it night and morning- two time use in 24 hour) as seller advised me, but it maked my eyes so dry. Than a seller informed me about this and ı bought it also, ı used it while ı was sleeping and ı used revigen microcirculation in the morning.
ı can say that they solved my problem but at honestly ı couldnt say anybody to buy it or not-because as all of people knows it dark circles are a difficult problem to solve and generally doesnt solves. So at first you should have an orderly sleep and good fooding habituation which includes rich vitamis- especially C and K. In addition to these ı used wo kind of eye mask for my eyes (wendesday - vitamin c mask, sunday - kafein mask). and choose specialized a dark circle cream like hylexin - revigen microcirculation - la praire (which involves kafein) or this. ıf you have a good luck you can get rid of your dark circles-but as you know generally these threatment doesnt make anythink dark circle problem.
at short ıam very lucky and happy for my result. furthermore this cream is one of the most famous eye treathments which works agains dark circles, (generally these four advises to solve this problem; hylexin - revigen microcirculation - chanel eye tonic and la prairie which contains kafein) and its the cheapest one in my county - so if selling price situation is smilar with your county ı tkink you can start your war against your dark circles with this one. at least you will lost less money than starting dark circle cream tests with la praire or hylexin. ı wish ı started with this instead of hylexin or revigen:)

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product for a few months now, and my dark circles are darker and more visible than ever! The other day my boyfriend asked if had a black eye!
Not only that, but my undereyes have started to burn when I apply it!

I got this as a birthday present and was so impressed that someone bought me Chanel, boy have I changed my mind!
Totally overpriced, and not at all worth the hype.

I have used this product a while ago - which does absolutely NOTHING. Like all other users have mentioned - save your money and don't bother with this one. The roller-ball is really nice and cool, but that's about it. Come to think of it, that's rather unhygienic as well!!! Have yet to come across the miracle solution for panda eyes so please let me know if it exists. PS> Partially my own fault as I do not help enough and the other is bad genes for these panda eyes that I have inherited.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really feel like chanel did no research in to this. They figured well advertise something that may work but not to the true research in to it. The only good thing I can say about this is the roller ball-made out of metal was cool feeling around my eyes. Save your money Please!