Mary Kay Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Mary Kay Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3

4.3

NGREDIENTS: water, sodium cocoyl isethionate, stearic acid, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, triethanolamine, cocamidopropyl betaine, acrylates copolymer, sodium chloride, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, diazolideinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, anthemis nobilis flower extract, DMDM hydantoin

Does what it says it does. Cleans well without over drying. Removes sunscreen and foundation really well, and most of the eyeliner/mascara (I usually use an eye makeup remover anyway). A little goes a long way-just a pea size will do ya-it rinses well. Overall a good product. It took about 9 months to go through a bottle so overall its more economical than drugstore cleasers.

Made in America
Tests on animals for Chinese markets only
Privately owned.

UPDATE: I take it back: it IS too drying for my face. after continued use my face started peeling, looking flaky under makeup and feeling uncomfortably tight. Up for swap it goes!
OLD REVIEW:
This is a surprisingly good cleanser. It cleans really well without drying/stripping the skin. I have combination skin - oily in my T-zone but often dry on my cheeks/sides of mouth. Most cleansers either dry me out, leaving white patches, or they don't clean well at all and leave me with clogged pores. This one cleans well (my pores have gotten smaller since using it!) AND isn't too drying. That said, when it's really cold outside & I use this twice a day my face can get a little dry, but it's no big deal. It would be perfect for a humid summer though!
The other things I like about this cleanser: perfect texture. it's a pretty pearly cream that lathers up a little & gets ALL makeup off really well. Rinses really clean leaving no residue. It only takes a little bit of cleanser - a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time. It's fragrance free and free of other irritants, and free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate). The squeezy bottle is very convenient.
What I don't like about this cleanser: it has parabens, and I'm trying to get away from using parabens. I hate having to buy it from a Mary Kay lady- the last one I saw was so pusy and aggressive that I will not repurchase from her - maybe I can swap for one. I really disagree with the way Mary Kay sells their products in the pyramid type scheme.

on 5/1/2007 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used Mary Kay Formula 3 products (Cleanser, Toner, Lotion and Mask) for about seven years now and I love them. I have oily acne prone skin and these products have done wonders for me. I started using them the summer I moved from dry Utah climate to humid Connecticut climate, and they cleared up my skin right away. I've tried others (Paula's Choice, Clinique) and have come back to Mary Kay. I don't use any other Mary Kay makeup products but I think the skin care line is terrific! I will keep repurchasing as long at they keep making it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A very thorough cleanser and you don't have to use much. Lasts forever. I have combo skin and it didn't leave it too dry, and thoroughly cleansed the oily areas. I like to "check" my cleanser by the residue on my toner pad...there is virtually nothing after this cleanser. Great product, and great price. My one complaint is that the bottle is opaque and you can't really tell how much is left.