MAC Gee Whiz

No Image

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Finally a normal shade of pink, after discovering the cotton candy shades aren't for me i deceided to give this shade a try and must say it's good :-) it's adult pink, nice for summer/spring and in combination with white clothes, dark blue jeans ect.

on 4/8/2011 5:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I absolutely ADORE this colour! Definitely my go-to polish all year round, though it is a Summer colour. I'd describe this as almost a grape, reddish fuscia colour that's wearable during the cooler months as well! I apply 2 coats for a deep, shiny colour. No streaking, bubbling, etc. Perfect! So glad this is in the permanent collection :) x

on 12/7/2010 12:31:00 PM

I love the colour the polish and I find it very easy to apply since it dries quick and smooth. Downfall is it chips very easily! For that reason it is not worth the price and I would not purchase it again.

Love this nail polish! The colour is awesome, a bright rosy pink with a glossy finish! The formula is excellent too, as one coat is actually opaque enough to look good without any streaks or patchiness. Two coats does look better as it deepens the colour. I do find this chips and wears away quite quickly, but applying a clear finishing polish on top really helps lengthen the wear. Overall a lovely polish, but the price tag is a little steep, 10mls for $15.50. On the bright side when I finish the bottle I can Back 2 Mac it.

on 9/13/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had to double check to make sure I was reading the reviews for the same polish I have. For me, this polish has a perfect formula. Not too thick nor thin, and covers perfectly and evenly in a single coat. I have no idea why other people are reporting streakiness, maybe a difference in batch codes? Mine is A29. As for the colour, it's a very very vibrant red-fuchsia. I have it on my nails right now, but it's very bold so I think I'll be reserving it for wonderful summer pedis.

ok so this is not so much a review but more of an opinion since I don't actually own this polish. I tried it on at the Mac store and I love the color. It's the perfect fuschia to me as it's not too bright and neon but dark and toned down. I just swiped one coat on my nail and it looked beautiful. Fast drying time, no streaking, very opaque and shiny with just one coat and when I was chipping away at it at night, it didn't seem like it would chip easily. That said, I was hesitant to buy it b/c so many people say that Mac polish chips way too easily. However, I really can't get the color out of my mind. I looked at other nail polishes since looking for the same color and nothing really came close.
I might have to go back and buy it. I am giving it five stars b/c the color is amazing but if I decide to buy it I will come back and update.

on 5/9/2009 8:05:00 PM

This color was a huge disappointment. I'm quite good at painting my nails, but for some reason this color just bubbles on me every time. And bubbles is something i just can't stand when it comes to nail polish. Also, what the heck is with the color? I expected a Heatherette pink, but got some sort of color that fell very short from being a red. Ew.

on 1/13/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a nice Pinkish fuschia nail polish and I thought this was the one! but what a disappointment ! its almost a bright red more so than fuschia .

on 7/21/2008 1:57:00 AM

Gee Whiz is part or MAC's permanent nail polish collection. It is a color that pops but is truly hard to describe: it's a fuschia cream that borders on red. The color looks different depending on the type of light that is hitting it.

This is my second time wearing this color. Even if it looks stunning in the bottle, it is somewhat different on my skin. For reference I am an NC30 in MAC's foundations and IMO, this color doesn't pop enough, In sunlight, the color comes to life and looks exactly like the one of the bottle. In dimmer lighting however, this color has a tendency to look more red, and that's where the nail polish loses points for me. I think it is more suitable on darker skintones as it will look brighter and compliment the the skintone.
The application was a breeze. One coat was opaque, but I added 2 just because I don't like it when we can see my nailwhites under nail polish. The finish was very shiny, even without a topcoat.

Really, this color truly shines, but I added Qtica Extending Topcoat just because MAC nail polishes chip like crazy on me. I much prefer the old formula to the new one. So far, Gee Whiz hasn't lifted nd peeled off from my nail yet, but I will wear it for another day or two, and update.

I wouldn't purchase Gee Whiz again for the sole reason that the color on my nails doesn't wow me as much as the one in the bottle. It's almost like a pink that is fighting to be a red and everything just clashes. I prefer this color on NC40's and up, and I think it would be a great summer find for them.

*Update*: I am on my second day of wearing Gee Whiz and it has chipped one each and every single nail, even with a really good basecoat and topcoat. I will not repurchase.

My favourite nailpolish! Absolutely gorgeous fuschia colour, perfect for summer toe nails!

Popular Polishes