NARS The Multiple in Maldives

No Image

4.2

{Repeating my review of the same product in the shade South Beach. I own both that and the same product in Maldives. I don't know what picture that is with the review, but the Multiple is a tube, not a compact] A deserved classic. This is always in my makeup bag from March - October. A single tube will last multiple seasons. The application couldn't be easier - works for eyes, cheeks, lips, everything depending on how much of a tan you've got! I just rub my finger on the tip and smudge on my face wherever it needs to go. No, it's not subtle, but who cares when it's so easy to apply and looks so good. Does not work with any other foundation; you need a bare face. It's ideally the sort of thing you smear on at the end of a long day in the sun before you move on to the evening cocktail party. I ended up buying this for gifts for friends because they all commented how much they loved it. Maldives as a tint is very forgiving and works well with a variety of skintones.

on 6/3/2015 9:16:00 PM

LOVE this product! It sat in my makeup case for awhile because I didn't know how to use it, but now I love it!! It is the perfect highlighter. Not too dark, not too light. Is shimmering with a lovely bronze rose tint to it. I use it almost daily on my cheeks when I'm feeling a little flat. I have medium-yellow toned skin and brown eyes. I have heard it also looks good on paler complexions and darker also.

on 5/18/2013 10:25:00 PM

I was so excited to get this multiple but its really been mostly a disappointment. I guess the color is just not right for me. I prefer Copacabana for a highlighter as this isn't quite bright enough to use for that. and it doesn't look great as a blush. I feel like I put frosted lipstick on my face when I tried to use it as blush. THe orgasm and south beach multiple are much better suited for me. Bummer because "Champagne pink" sounded really nice....

on 10/5/2012 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I recently purchased this multiple from the NARS store on Bleecker St. and I absolutely love it. I put it on the apples of my cheeks and blend it back towards my cheek bones, dusting Douceur Blush underneath my cheek bones. Even if I don't wear anything on my eyes, this look always makes me appear youthful and fresh. I highly recommend Maldives to anyone with very fair, cool toned skin.

on 5/11/2011 1:02:00 PM

I am really disappointed with this product.. There's no pigment once blended just a WHOLE LOT of glitter. I'm guessing the same glittery effect can be achieved by playing with my 8 year old niece's barbie doll type makeup. it's useless as a bronzer, as a highlighter, and as a blush. I don't use eyeshadow, but I'm guessing it's too glittery for my liking to be used for anything. Real waste of a good deal of money. :(

The only redeeming feature is the cream to powder texture that feels lovely.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this product. I bought it after the NARS guy from the counter told me that this would be the one that would suit my skintone, as if I used anything darker it would make me look tired. I bought it following his advice and I must confess I was not very convinced, but once I tried it at home I thought it looked lovely, and it does give my skin a shimmery I-just-came-back-from-the-beach look. I cannot recommend this enought for people with the same skintone as me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I can't rave enough about this! This is a gorgeous multiple. I had one in South Beach and ended up returning it because I already had a blush that gave the same effect -- but this one is a unique color. Online, it describes it as a champagne pink. I uploaded the photos, and in the tube it definitely looks more of a bronze color with the slightest hint of pink. When I apply it, it comes out a perfect bronzey rose color. Not too pink, and not too bronze. More of a slightly copperish bronze with a pink tint and a golden glow. The glitter in this is minimal when applied. I don't get glitter spilling all over my cheeks when wearing it. Honestly, this gives me the perfect warm glow that I've been looking for. It's beautiful used as a highlight, but it's gorgeous used as a blush. It gives you a fresh, healthy appearance. I also believe this will look gorgeous year-round. For those who are hesitant about this one, don't be. It is gorgeous! I hope that NARS will never discontinue this product. It's amazing! <3 The best out of all of the multiples. (NC40 for ref.)

on 3/25/2010 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have 3 other Multiples, St Barts, Portofino and the Tuomata bronzer which is perfectly matte. Even with light application, I found that St Barts and Portofino showed up dark on pores although I have pretty small ones. Maldives looks shimmery but on me it does not show up pores and just gives a nice glow. The color itself is not enough without blush for me, but worn under a matte cream blush, it looks lovely. Very happy I finally bought this one.

on 5/25/2009 6:42:00 PM

this is the best color out of all the multiples. very natural looking, no large glitter particles.. applies easily, the look is perfectly highlighted and sculpted. i haven't found anything that comes close to this.. very expensive but i keep buying and will go crazyy if they ever discontinue this color!!

on 3/4/2009 12:41:00 PM

I love this product. I have a fair-medium complexion with yellow undertones and this is a fabulous color for me. It's a neutral peachy pink on my face and is great for highlighting. If I want more color, I'll use a blusher on my cheeks. Sometimes I also wear it on my lips with some clear gloss and it gives a very neutral and sophisticated look. (Check out my pic.) Because of the muted sparkles, I prefer to wear it at night. I've found it tends to wear off; I've been told to set it with powder and this will matte it down at first and eventually the skin will warm it back up.

Popular Blush Products