NARS Laguna

NARS Laguna

4.3

Ingredients: talc, polymethyl methacrylate, nylon-66, ptfe, zea mays, polyethylene, dimethicone, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, disodium edta, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, ci 77891, ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499, ci 77288, ci 77289, ci 77007, ci 77163. 7/18/09

on 8/5/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a sheer bronzer... has a lovely warm golden glow that is verrry subtle. Under the right natural lighting it is very soft and pretty. But in artificial lighting I barely see it. The base colour is a warm (yellow-orange) brown, it's not well pigmented compared to other bronzers ( ie The Balm-Betty Lou Manizer- although I use it more as a highlight bronzer) I own as it barely shows up on my fair skin, slightly tanned skin (face) in the summer months. I do like to wear Laguna in the early spring late winter months and it serves well for this purpose. I think this is a great bronzer for ladies who don't want too much make-up but just need a wash of definition without being over the top...slim packaging makes it easy for travel.

on 8/1/2017 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

hands down the best bronzer i've ever used, its the perfect shade for my lighter skin tone and is never patchy on my face! Reasonable price for the brand too

on 6/5/2017 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

My HG bronzer. Very nearly finished my first one and have a back up ready. It was my wedding present to myself:) I'm an NC20-25 and it's a lovely shade on me. If my skin is in good form I use this and concealer and look healthy, but put together. I also use it on my eyes with a black liquid liner and flick.

Curious to try it in stick form or other shades of Nars bronzer or blush based on the back of my love for this. Will keep repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this bronzer! Its such a gorgeous shade, doesn't appear muddy on the skin and stay's in place on the skin beautifully for hours. My ONLY downside would have to be that i find that i hit pan and go through this product really quickly. Although when i had this product i used it almost everyday, i didn't use that much of it however i still hit pan rather quickly. Despite that though i love this product, and i do think the pro's outweigh the con

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've bought a new matte edition of Laguna, it's called Sun Wash Diffusing Bronzer.

Pros:
- a beautiful light neutral color that's impossible to screw up
- light pigmentation, buildable
- very little bit of shimmer
- no nasty ingredients ( the big step forward compare to the original version)
- love the packaging (it's bigger than original, it has a larger mirror and sleek rectangular design. very modern easy to pack and stuck)
- doesn't brake out my very sensitive skin

Cons:
- it's very finely milled and has zero fall out when picked up by brush. It takes serious effort to build it up. I personally prefer blending out excess product to building up missing.
- staying powder isn't great, I can't see it after a couple of hours

Very nice beginner bronzer. But I don't think I'll buy it again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using Mac Matte Bronze for about 10 yrs!!! It's my HG, but I wanted to try Laguna. The color in the pan was different enough to justify my purchase. Laguna is more pigmented, an more yellow. I do love it, but on my nc25 skin it didn't look very different. When I swatched on my wrist I could see a subtle difference, but on my face they look identical and wore the same. I actually prefer the less pigmented Mac also, as I can build desired color. For the price I couldn't justify the Nars so I returned it, since I have 3 backups of Mac. Had there been an improvement I would have kept it.

on 3/22/2017 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Laguna and I have been together a long time. Along the way I've strayed to try others but have always come back.

I am fairly light and this is neither orange, ashy, sparkly, streaky or dirty looking - all of which I found others to be, sometimes all at once. It's a little pricey and their packaging drives me absolutely nuts (hard to clean and always looks dirty) but it's a great bronzer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a gorgeous bronzer and was my HG for a long time. But whenever I wear it during the day time I always receive comments on how glittery my face looks. I shined a light on my face in the mirror to see what people were talking about and it really is a crazy amount of glitter. It is not just a "sheen" like some people say, and the glitter doesn't disappear when you blend it in. Because I prefer my makeup to look more natural and undetectable, I won't be repurchasing. However, I would still recommend it for at night when you might not have as much light shining on you.

The packaging of this bronzer is super sleek and I love the colour of this bronzer BUT IT ALWAYS IRRITATES MY SKIN. I have no idea why. It always breaks me out and gives me pimples on my cheeks every time I use it. It's gotten to the point where I just gave it away to a friend because it's really pretty but it just doesn't work for me.

on 2/19/2017 5:40:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this. In the past ten years, I have gone through four of these. That may sound like not a lot, but with my fickleness and wanting to try new things, this is probably the most I have repurchased a makeup product other than mascara or lip balm. I agree with a below review, this is not a bronzer for carving out cheekbones and contouring (you would probably want something cooler that mimicks shadows); this is a bronzer for adding sun kissed warmth. Which is more what I go for. My skin is neutral leaning warm, and this slightly yellowy brown is perfect for me. My skin is on the lighter side, so I am not sure if it would work with darker skin, but I can use it with a tan. It does have a bit of shimmer, but it is very subtle. I would say it is less shimmery than an Hourglass Ambient powder. This is perfect for creating a warm glow. My HG bronzer.