NARS Laguna

NARS Laguna

4.3

Ingredients: talc, polymethyl methacrylate, nylon-66, ptfe, zea mays, polyethylene, dimethicone, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, disodium edta, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, ci 77891, ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499, ci 77288, ci 77289, ci 77007, ci 77163. 7/18/09

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using Mac Matte Bronze for about 10 yrs!!! It's my HG, but I wanted to try Laguna. The color in the pan was different enough to justify my purchase. Laguna is more pigmented, an more yellow. I do love it, but on my nc25 skin it didn't look very different. When I swatched on my wrist I could see a subtle difference, but on my face they look identical and wore the same. I actually prefer the less pigmented Mac also, as I can build desired color. For the price I couldn't justify the Nars so I returned it, since I have 3 backups of Mac. Had there been an improvement I would have kept it.

on 3/22/2017 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Laguna and I have been together a long time. Along the way I've strayed to try others but have always come back.

I am fairly light and this is neither orange, ashy, sparkly, streaky or dirty looking - all of which I found others to be, sometimes all at once. It's a little pricey and their packaging drives me absolutely nuts (hard to clean and always looks dirty) but it's a great bronzer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a gorgeous bronzer and was my HG for a long time. But whenever I wear it during the day time I always receive comments on how glittery my face looks. I shined a light on my face in the mirror to see what people were talking about and it really is a crazy amount of glitter. It is not just a "sheen" like some people say, and the glitter doesn't disappear when you blend it in. Because I prefer my makeup to look more natural and undetectable, I won't be repurchasing. However, I would still recommend it for at night when you might not have as much light shining on you.

The packaging of this bronzer is super sleek and I love the colour of this bronzer BUT IT ALWAYS IRRITATES MY SKIN. I have no idea why. It always breaks me out and gives me pimples on my cheeks every time I use it. It's gotten to the point where I just gave it away to a friend because it's really pretty but it just doesn't work for me.

on 2/19/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this. In the past ten years, I have gone through four of these. That may sound like not a lot, but with my fickleness and wanting to try new things, this is probably the most I have repurchased a makeup product other than mascara or lip balm. I agree with a below review, this is not a bronzer for carving out cheekbones and contouring (you would probably want something cooler that mimicks shadows); this is a bronzer for adding sun kissed warmth. Which is more what I go for. My skin is neutral leaning warm, and this slightly yellowy brown is perfect for me. My skin is on the lighter side, so I am not sure if it would work with darker skin, but I can use it with a tan. It does have a bit of shimmer, but it is very subtle. I would say it is less shimmery than an Hourglass Ambient powder. This is perfect for creating a warm glow. My HG bronzer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best bronzer EVER. If you are not a fan of the bronzing and contouring craze, this is the one for you. This just creates a subtle bronzy glow that is not over-the-top. Very perfect for those that are just starting out. It is an investment and it is worth every penny.

on 12/12/2016 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Best shimmer, best color for every skin tone, best formula, most natural finishing, really buildable and blendable.. Great for both summer and winter. Long lasting one among the others. Packaging is nice and sleek. To sum up, it is a great bronzer.
I only wish it could be cheaper.. but considering that I am using it all the time and it lasts so long, it is better to give the money on sth you're definitely gonna use than sth you will throw away.

on 11/28/2016 3:30:00 AM

I really like this contour as it isn't too dark and isn't muddy. I can make it work on my super pale skin and it gives enough depth to define a contoured/chiseled cheek.

on 10/21/2016 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I finally gave way to the hype whilst doing my duty free shopping. I tested in store and loved the light shimmer the store lights produced, however having had a BAD experience with Nars Orgasm I spent a lot of time deciding. So pleased I did; this has become my HG bronzer to the point of hitting pan in 6 months ( I rarely hit pan with anything!) The shimmer is subtle and illuminating in just the right way (unlike the ott metallic shimmer of Orgasm). I personally don't like a matte bronzer, and some shimmer bronzers illuminate your face like a Xmas tree, but this is subtle and flattering. Hopefully it will last me the 6 months until I get back to the airport, as it's not cheap! Well worth the investment on aging skin to give you that hint of youth lol.

on 9/23/2016 5:29:00 PM

This bronzer is amazing, Iv'e tried chocolate soleil but this is better, looks more natural and easy to apply. It's matte but delivers some glow to your face, It's buildable and easy to apply, and even though my skin is fair- it doesn't look orangey ! It looks like a subtle tanned brown.

Popular Bronzers