NARS Laguna

NARS Laguna

4.3

Ingredients: talc, polymethyl methacrylate, nylon-66, ptfe, zea mays, polyethylene, dimethicone, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, disodium edta, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, ci 77891, ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499, ci 77288, ci 77289, ci 77007, ci 77163. 7/18/09

on 2/19/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this. In the past ten years, I have gone through four of these. That may sound like not a lot, but with my fickleness and wanting to try new things, this is probably the most I have repurchased a makeup product other than mascara or lip balm. I agree with a below review, this is not a bronzer for carving out cheekbones and contouring (you would probably want something cooler that mimicks shadows); this is a bronzer for adding sun kissed warmth. Which is more what I go for. My skin is neutral leaning warm, and this slightly yellowy brown is perfect for me. My skin is on the lighter side, so I am not sure if it would work with darker skin, but I can use it with a tan. It does have a bit of shimmer, but it is very subtle. I would say it is less shimmery than an Hourglass Ambient powder. This is perfect for creating a warm glow. My HG bronzer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best bronzer EVER. If you are not a fan of the bronzing and contouring craze, this is the one for you. This just creates a subtle bronzy glow that is not over-the-top. Very perfect for those that are just starting out. It is an investment and it is worth every penny.

on 12/12/2016 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Best shimmer, best color for every skin tone, best formula, most natural finishing, really buildable and blendable.. Great for both summer and winter. Long lasting one among the others. Packaging is nice and sleek. To sum up, it is a great bronzer.
I only wish it could be cheaper.. but considering that I am using it all the time and it lasts so long, it is better to give the money on sth you're definitely gonna use than sth you will throw away.

on 11/28/2016 3:30:00 AM

I really like this contour as it isn't too dark and isn't muddy. I can make it work on my super pale skin and it gives enough depth to define a contoured/chiseled cheek.

on 10/21/2016 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I finally gave way to the hype whilst doing my duty free shopping. I tested in store and loved the light shimmer the store lights produced, however having had a BAD experience with Nars Orgasm I spent a lot of time deciding. So pleased I did; this has become my HG bronzer to the point of hitting pan in 6 months ( I rarely hit pan with anything!) The shimmer is subtle and illuminating in just the right way (unlike the ott metallic shimmer of Orgasm). I personally don't like a matte bronzer, and some shimmer bronzers illuminate your face like a Xmas tree, but this is subtle and flattering. Hopefully it will last me the 6 months until I get back to the airport, as it's not cheap! Well worth the investment on aging skin to give you that hint of youth lol.

on 9/23/2016 5:29:00 PM

This bronzer is amazing, Iv'e tried chocolate soleil but this is better, looks more natural and easy to apply. It's matte but delivers some glow to your face, It's buildable and easy to apply, and even though my skin is fair- it doesn't look orangey ! It looks like a subtle tanned brown.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is my favorite bronzer ever! Looks amazing in my light neutral skin and it lasts nearly all day. The finish is smooth and it doesn't look glittery even though it has shimmer on it. Sadly mine has fallen to the ground three times so it looks a little bit destroyed! I will still use it though until i finish it because it is truly the best bronzer ever. Don't be afraid if you are pale to try it, I am nuclear white in the winter and it still looks good. Good job Nars!

on 8/15/2016 7:34:00 AM

I was very suspicious of finding any sort of bronzer that I could use as a contour because I hate the muddy, obvious look that so many people have when they use a bronzer under their cheek bone. But I decided to try Laguna after a girl at Mecca matched it to my skin after trying many other products in the store.

This was 18 months ago and I haven't looked back. This makes my makeup so much more natural - my blush line is much less obvious. I use the NARS angled brush to deposit Laguna just under my cheek bone and then I blend. I also put Laguna on the sides of the bridge of my nose and if I'm feeling fancy, then I frame my face using Laguna blended into the hairline on my forehead. I then put blush straight onto my cheek bone and a reflecting powder on the top of my cheekbone and on the bridge of my nose.

I did my own wedding makeup and this photographed so beautifully - you couldn't tell it was makeup but made my cheekbones pop.

I use this EVERY day - it's so easy to blend and can look very very minimal or can be evenly built. One of the quickest parts of my makeup. I'm just coming to the last dregs of my first palette of this - will 100% rebuy for eternity so long as my tone doesn't change.

on 6/26/2016 3:42:00 PM

I am very fair and most bronzers are too orange/dark for me, but I find this works perfectly.

I use this to bronze up my face- I could not contour with it as it is far too warm toned.

It applies evenly and is nicely pigmented.

I really like the packaging of Nars pallets- so long as the inside stays sanitary (good quality packaging means it stays closed) I don't really care how grubby the matte cover gets.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because its a cult classic. however, its just OK. its very pretty and has the right amount of shimmer balanced with the right amount of matte. you can build it up and don't have to be afraid of putting it on too heavily unless you really just go crazy with the application. it blends wonderfully and its difficult to see any limes of where it begins or ends on your face. however, its just not that great. its nothing to write home about. I prefer the too faced chocolate soleil bronzer to this because it is more brown whereas this is more orange. the too faced one is also more pigmented. this one blends better and has a slight glow, which the too faced one does not. all in all for $40 I wanted it to make me feel beautiful, but it just makes me feel mediocre. this will be going back to the store.