Jason Natural Cosmetics Thin To Thick Hair Thickening Shampoo

Not tested on animals

on 1/24/2016 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Will not buy again. I have a nearly full bottle I need to donate to my local homeless shelter because it is just sitting in my shower, not getting used. I should have returned it, but life got crazy.

My main complaint is that it doesn't wash well enough. I like to use dry shampoo to skip an extra day or two between washes, and this shampoo does a very poor job of removing oil and buildup. I had to shampoo again with a different shampoo after using this just to get my scalp clean. Even washing my hair every 2-3 days with no product buildup, my hair was left gummy and gross in spots, close to the scalp.

It does not strip color.

The matching conditioner is better, but I won't be repurchasing either. The conditioner did create more light volume, but left my hair too coarse. I agree with other reviewers that the bottles suck and it's way too hard to squeeze the product out. You need both hands to do it.

on 8/28/2012 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I picked this up on my stylist's recommendation to help with my hair that was thinning from a combination of illness, stress, and hormones. I have not been able to use it enough to see if it will help, because it leaves a buildup on my hair when I use it, and makes my ends dry, brittle, and very puffy and frizzy (I paired with my usual conditioner). It also stripped my Wella Color Charm haircolor. I might keep it around just in case I wind up with a too-dark demi color job.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/8/2011 12:13:00 PM

I used it a couple of times before along with the conditioner it came with. I used it a few times in combination with L'Oreal Ever Pure Volumizing Shampoo and conditioner
Umm, there have been certain occasions when i used it itself and it either didnt clean my hair well enough or it cleaned my hair too much and it dried out my scalp. Plus, it was really hard to get it out of the bottle. It had a sticky-ish texture to the formula and it didn't lather very well either.
I wouldn't recommend buying this although it has a really nice scent.

on 7/30/2011 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This shampoo just didn't do it for me. It is delicious-smelling and does a great job cleaning my hair, but so do many other cheaper products. This expensive ($13.00 for a very small bottle) shampoo claims that it will volumize your hair, but really doesn't do it. It's very hard to use because it does not lather well and is hard to squeeze out of the bottle. It also makes your hair very dry, so a conditioner follow-up is a must. It does the job of cleaning and making your hair smell fresh (without too many harmful chemicals) but is not worth the money or the effort. Look further.

on 5/16/2011 10:03:00 PM

I recently had to completely switch to natural products after having two surgeries. Reactions to medications made my skin SUPER sensitive and my hair unbelievable frail. Anything with chemicals causes horrible breakout and hair loss. I have lost SO much hair, so when I read the reviews on Jason biotin conditioner and the Jason Thin to Thick shampoo, I cried halleluja, and tracked it down!...and then just cried. Finding it was beyond diffcult... I finally happened upon it, no thanks to the Jason website, at an HEB (in TX). The Jason Thin to Thick shampoo made my head break out all over on little painful pimple like bumps... so I gave up on that fairly quickly & continued the conditioner for a bit, until I realized it was contributing to my hair feeling mushy and falling out in the shower. I switched to the new natural TIGI the day after my suspicion... and voila... no more mush.

on 11/10/2009 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried many shampoos for thinning fine hair and this is the BEST. I've seen it sold in many places but have avoided it because I was distracted by other brands like Your Crown & Glory and Nioxin, but THIS IS THE BEST. I have fine curly hair which has some thinning issues in the past decade, more recently due to post-pregnancy since May 09. Since I started using this product about 3 wks ago, my hair is noticeably thicker, shinier and softer; I'm receiving compliments and my husband commented this morning "Your hair is beautiful and thicker." Unlike other shampoos for thinning hair which dry out your scalp and hair (ends too), this shampoo thickens and hydrates your hair. Amazing product, JASON you hit the nail on the head with this formula. TIP TO USERS: Definitely try using this shampoo with JASON Biotin Conditioner in the white bottle; this conditioner detangles your hair immediately upon application so combing through is gentle and easy on your strands.

on 4/21/2009 12:52:00 AM

Clearly, I would not buy this product again. It made the hair thinner and made hair fall out even more.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for a year. I don't feel like it stops any hair-loss, but it does add volume to my hair. Also, I have a really oily scalp and this shampoo keeps my hair from getting to oily throughout the rest of the day.

on 12/5/2008 4:45:00 PM

Same opinion as for the companion conditioner. Makes my fine hair fly away and dry. Does make it shiny though. I won't buy this again.

no effect on balding. I have had hair loss from stress and weight loss for about 4-5 months. I was expecting miracles because of the hype on the bottle. I was at least expecting it to clean my hair well and I thought that the "sulfate free" would be less irritating to my hand eczema. it's all bullshit. if anything my hair felt weaker and finer. it irritated my skin too.

for a shampoo that really does strengthen the hair shaft and reduce shedding in the shower, I highly recommend joico k-pak shampoo and conditioner (not the treatment). my hair has stopped shedding 50 strands when I wash it and instead I only lose about 10-20.