Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

on 9/27/2010 11:21:00 AM

Was thinking perhaps this was a new/improved version of my beloved Volum Express Waterproof - NOT! Clumpy lashes, racoon eyes mid day - YUK! I got rid of it!

on 7/8/2010 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's super-spidey! (mascara, that is)

Okay, that was corny. This mascara itched my eyes (a common problem for me, to be fair).

And then it was seriously super spidey in the clumping department. It also smudged noticeably. The flaking wasn't awful (just a little).

Why can't drugstore brands make a volumizing mascara that looks as awesome as Full N Soft WP but doesn't itch my eyes? This definitely isn't it. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The original is much better. Why they felt the need to call this turbo boost I dont know, cause I see no boost. Natural lashes at best no drama

on 7/22/2009 4:29:00 PM

Absolutely terrible. Enough said.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Thick, dry and clumpy, was difficult to get any color on lashes. Hardly any volume or curl. It flaked slightly, and gave me dark smudges under my eyes yet more difficult to remove than other waterproof mascaras.

I also had a reaction to this, my eyelids swelled up every time I used it, leaving them pink and itchy for days, like a little pink mouse!

on 12/20/2007 2:48:00 PM

hrmm. It didn't do anything for my already long lashes. No thickness. Doesn't compare to Voluminous or Diorshow. Got NO umph out of it.

on 3/28/2007 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG mascara is Full'n Soft, but there was a Maybelline mascara sale so I decided to try this too. For reference, I have long, sparse, thin, stick straight lashes:

This goes on thick and can cause the lashes to stick together, so I look like I've just used masc. for the very first time. It takes the Shu Uemera curl right out- my lashes go back to long and straight as soon as this dries. They just look 100 % worse! continued >>

on 10/3/2005 5:53:00 PM

This mascara is nothing like the original version "Volum Express." Turbo, yeah right! Instead of giving my lashes volume it gives them dryness and clumps. I much prefer the older version to this one.

on 12/12/2004 1:49:00 PM

I thought this sounded good, but I was really disappointed. I get quite good results with most mascaras, but this did little apart from colour my lashes - I couldn't see much difference at all. Still, I rang customer services, who kindly sent me some vouchers, so that was a result! Am now trying the sky high curves one, and the black and white double-ended thingy too, and they are much better.

on 7/25/2008 11:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This mascara was on sale for $5 and I figured it couldn't be any worse then Great Lash.
If I said it is nothing like Great Lash, I would be a lier.
I find no difference. It is wet, and gunky. The lashes stick together and makes one big mess. Not worth it at all.
Somedays it pulls a mood swing and delivers "leave the house worthy" lashes, but that is once in a blue moon.
Don't think this will make it's way into my makeup bag again.