Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 9/5/2014 12:08:00 PM

I don't like to worry about smudging through the day, which is why I prefer waterproof mascaras. This mascara is NOT waterproof, but it does lengthen and volumize. I would recommend to a friend if they do not want waterproof. It was disappointing that this mascara didn't live up to its waterproof claim. I personally will not be buying again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara when they were out of Colossal Volume Waterproof at the store. I always use waterproof mascara because my lashes will straighten out with non-waterproof. I was only going to use this until I found Colossal but now I like this better. The one coat coverage is excellent and I was surprised because I usually have to build and build on my skimpy straight lashes to get the coverage and volume I am getting with one coat of this. It is also not overly wet when new like most mascaras that I find get better in a week or two after opening. I have allergies and sensitive eyes and this did not make my eyes water. I will be buying this from now on.

on 10/5/2013 11:43:00 AM

been using it for 2 years with amazing results. to take it off I use garnier eye makeup remover (the blue one).

on 5/8/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have the "newer" version in the black and orange tube. I changed my review and added a lippie because I've come to like this more than before. It still isn't a favorite of mine, BUT, I love how it doesn't budge....sweat, pool....it lasts and lasts. I also noticed adding several coats quickly makes a big difference in length and volume. My first impression was not great, but it really builds to a decent mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this product is NOT waterproof i bought this because i was in California and i needed a good waterproof mascara for the pool and beach. i put it one and went swimming and when i went to the bathroom i had raccoon
eyes. when i first used this i noticed the smell right off the bat it smells like rotten tomatoes and it is very liquidy. it is about 6$ at any
drugstore. the packaging is nice though comes in a shiny black tube with red lettering. WOULD DIFFIDENTLY NOT REPURCHASE!!!!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used to love Cliniques High Impact Mascara but was looking for a cheaper alternative and boy did this mascara live up to its hype! I think I have quite 'normal' eyelashes that are of mid length and a little bit sparse looking without mascara but once I put this on it looks amazing. I really love that one or 2 coats is nice for a standard day look but if I curl my eyelashes and go for a heavier application I really can get amazingly thick and dramatic looking eyes that have even more drama than the Clinique High Impact. The only thing that stopped me frm giving this 5 lippies is the fact that it can clump a little bit (although to be honest that is after many many coats) and that it can be very difficult to remove at night even with a good eye makeup remover. All in all a really versatile and fantastic product for a great price..... will definately be keeping it as a makeup bag staple!

on 6/20/2011 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

hmm got to change this review!
I have been getting panda eyes every time I used this on a warm day even though I only applied it onto my upper lashes. However, the effect is great on my long but thin lashes ( full, defined, natural- looking) so it's always in my bag- along with lots of tissue and a small mirror, just to make sure that the waiter doesn't serve me bamboo.

on 4/30/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

My favorite mascara at the moment. I find it works best to put on several thin coats and let it dry a little in between. Lengthening and volumizing. I don't find it too difficult to remove. I use the Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover.

on 4/8/2011 2:12:00 AM

It clumps my lashes together and are extremely difficult to remove, even with an oil-based eye makeup remover. Some of my natural lashes are always lost in the midst of removing the mascara.

However, this product doesn't smudge at all.

This was the FIRST mascara I ever used. I thought it would make my lashes super thick like the name implies. Lush lashes, check. Length, not so much.