Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Price: $

on 4/10/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have purchased about 3 tubes of this mascara and I love it. I use waterproof mascara because I like to hold curl in my lashes. This product comes off fine with a cleansing oil. The color is very pigmented and gives the lashes a very dramatic look. I used to use MUFE smoky lash but this is a good dupe for it. I love how full and long it makes lashes look.

I used to wear this mascara a few years ago (like 8) and I loved it, but since then, I have been experimenting with other maybelline mascaras as well as mascaras from other brands ranging from l'oreal, bourjois, lancome, makeup forever until higher end brands like dior and chanel. I guess all of the other brands have good mascaras too, my latest love being chanel inimitable waterproof, but they're a lot more expensive and often dries out too quickly. I have medium length, thin, flimsy lashes and I find that this mascara separates my lashes and lengthens them too, not just gives volume. It is also very very buildable and strangely I find that it thickens my lashes more when you apply the next coat after the previous coat is nearly dry. I can apply up to 5 coats without any clumping! Just thick, long, curly, voluminous lashes!

on 6/20/2012 2:56:00 AM

Great value for money. It's truly waterproof as it claims. Doesn't cause my Chinese lashes to go limp even after curling. Plumps up my lashes adequately. Friendly on my wallet. Love it.

This is my go to mascara... something I always come back to.. this is the same formula as the new falsies mascara, only difference is the wand.

on 7/26/2010 4:35:00 PM

for me this was a mediocre mascara. i didn't real build that much volume, but it didn't lose my curl either. it did clump my lashes together quite a bit though which is why i only gave it a 3. i'll finish off this tube but after that i'll be sticking with my maybelline lash stiletto.

on 12/27/2009 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this mascara, it is very similar to the regular volum express, I have the waterproof in the light blue tube, so either one will work well. I haven't used it enough to compare which one works better, the brush on the turbo boost has a bit more bristles, so it probably coats more. Maybelline mascaras have been good to me, they are cheap and do the job very well. I have regular sized lashes, not dark, not full and this mascara is a god-send.

i bought this recently, very very good mascara! lengthens, gives natural volume, no clumps, lashes DONT DROP. The only criticisims are: it smudges a bit (i hv very oily eyelids), but applying another layer of smudge-proof mascara on top solves the problem! i also found it a lil bit difficult to remove, will try their non-waterproof one next time!! Perrrrrrfect otherwise!!!

I used clinique lash power, shu uemura ultimate expression, benefit badgal, shiseido macquillage lengthening, maybelline define-a-lash etc etc, this one is the best i used so far!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually use Maybelline Volum Express Waterproof, but I saw this one at the drugstore last time and had to try it out. This Volum Express Turbo Waterproof gives more volume than the Volum Express Waterproof, but it also smudges more. I always use waterproof mascara, and so far all the ones I tried seem to smudge on my lower lash. Volum Express Waterproof seems to smudge the least, but it still smudges. So my mascara hunt continues. I may buy this mascara again, but there's no guarantee since there's so many choices out there.

on 12/21/2008 11:09:00 PM

If you have straight Asian eyelash then this product is definitely for you! I have tried all kind of high end brands to the drugstore one and no mascara can beat this one. I use Shiseido eyelash curler then apply it, and it holds the curl all day. No lengthen or fancy volumn, but it doesnt bother me since I have long lash. I love the curl because it makes my eyes look bigger. Just wish the color is more intense, even the blackest black is still not dark enough. However for $7 (and they often have buy 1 get second 50% in ulta), I give it a full 5 and will keep repurchase it.

I am so disappointed by this mascara. In the first few days it isn't so bad but after that it is pretty awful. VERY clumpy and I find myself having to use my fingers to pick them out. It doesn't even put a bunch of mascara on your eyelashes; they look comparable to how they were beffore I applied the product! Overall, not a good buy.