Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

This is my go to mascara... something I always come back to.. this is the same formula as the new falsies mascara, only difference is the wand.

on 1/16/2010 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I always have trouble with mascaras. Having oily skin and long lashes is not suitable for mascaras.

I curl my lashes as usual, using Maybeline Curler.Take out the applicator, wipe excess masacra from the wand and apply one layer in zig-zag motion.

The result is disappointing, my lashes slowly go back to long-stick-straight phase and if blink too much, it will smudge bad, really bad.

So,for oily skin and long lashes... long wearing ? No. Volume ?No,Though my lashes are naturally lush, the wand makes them disappear into few chunks. Length ? Little bit ( my lashes are naturallylong )

on 12/10/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was using the maybeline volum express waterproof for 5/6 years and i was quite happy with it untill i realised that it was taking too long to achieve the lashes that i wanted ; first i used a lashcurler, put some loose powder on the lashes while i was curling and then the first mascara layer. after that was dry i applied another layer... this would stay put the whole day but it took too long to apply ! after that i started looking around for the right mascara but all of them were dissapointing for me ( i only bought the drugstore brands because even they were around 10/15 euro's and i didn't want too be dissapointed after i bought one for 30 euro or more...) The maybelline volum express turbo boost is the one i am using now and i must say i see the diffrence but not in a positive way ; it smudges under my eyes !! i already have dark circles so this is not what i need... i will rebuy this mascara untill i find the perfect one but i would give this one a 7 out of 10.

on 2/2/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like the fact that it does add dramatic volume to the lash, but I hate the flaky under the eyes after half a day.....I have to got to the restrooms to check the falling flakes every now and then, and I need to use the heated eyelash curler to prevent it from sagging down, I would much rather choose Lancome's mascara over this

on 1/16/2009 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara and have repurchased already. Because I wear contact lenses and often using rewetting drops, etc. waterproof eye makeup is a must for me. This mascara isnt clumpy when it dries (at times i get a random clump when I am applying it, but I always brush my lashes out with an eyebrow comb, no big deal) This doesn't smuge on me AT ALL. My lashes really do look fuller and the mascara does give length as well: not as much as a lengthening mascara, or something like skyhigh curves by maybelline,but for "turbo volume" this delivers. What I like best is how BLACK this mascara turns out on me (using the black shade, obviously...ha.) I love it.

on 7/19/2008 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have short, uncurly lashes for reference. Much more worse than the volum express mascara.. It clumped my lashes, uncurled them after using eyelash curler, smudged everywhere. It gave me length but barely any volume. Will never buy again..

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on the fence with this one. I orginally purchased this when it was first introduced about 4 years ago. It did the job, but i was looking for more. Since then, I have gone through countless tubes from countless companies, so I decided to give this one a second go around. The wand used to be thicker(not as thick as Diorshow, but close). It's now really small (think MAC zoomlash). It gave me volume and length, but not as much as I thought because I was expecting "zoom" lashes. I'm not too sure if I will repurchase.

on 4/18/2008 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I Love this mascara. I have long eyelashes but they are sparse, so I wanted to add volume. This is the mascara you want to buy, in black. Offcourse, as with all mascaras, I have to put one layer on, wait a bit for it to dry, then another layer, until I have 2-3 coats. It almost looks like I have fake eyelashes on, at least those were the compliments? I got.

on 2/19/2008 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have been using this mascara on and off for a few years now. Everytime I see a commericial for some new awsome mascara I run out and buy, just to end up dissappointed. I have short sparse lashes and this has given me the best consistent results. I am also a contact lens wearer so finding a good mascara is a must. I apply about two to three coats depending on my mood and get great volume and noticeable length. It's enough for my bf to notice a difference which when it comes to make-up he usually doesn't. I will admit that I know it is time to get a new bottle because it gets a bit clumpy and dry, but nothing a lash comb can't help with. For the price I have yet to find anything better! Def worth a shot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Almost as good as xxl intense jus bit less separation. but easy application.

and average for lenght lift curl.
good volume.

good one for everday use.

my second best after xxl intensive

but not as brill as i thought after ive experienced other mascaras. very average in every way. wouldnt buy again. any one tell me is it possible to get full and soft mascara from uk? anywhere? ive seen good reviews for it but cannot find any in uk stores.??