LUSH Bertie soap

No Image

3.4

on 3/6/2009 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I liked this when it came out. I really really did. Till it bled down the side of my shower staining the wall. It also will ruin any other soap it touches...by tinting it with that fennel smell. If you must get it....keep it in a container. DO NOT LET IT PLAY WITH YOUR OTHER SOAPS....IT DOES NOT PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS.!!

I do really love and miss the scent of this soap though.

I won a piece of this soap in a shop raffle. I was pleased to see I finally got a discon soap, but I don't like licorice and so I gave it away.

on 7/3/2005 3:26:00 PM

Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed my time with Bertie soap (I received a generous sample at a LUSH party some time ago), which is odd considering the fact that I normally loathe the smell of licorice. But it wasn't overbearing. I wouldn't purchase this again since there are so many other, better LUSH soaps out there.

on 3/26/2005 9:23:00 AM

Lovely, lovely soap- bright red and smells of licorice. This is a really fun and unusual soap, and I love licorice-scented bath products.

on 10/15/2004 7:00:00 PM

I am sooooo in the minority on this one. This had a VERY strong licorice smell to it (which I guess is fine if you want to smell like licorice) which I thought was overpowering and nasty. On top of that, I almost sprained my wrist trying to work up a lather. I got nothing but a red shower puff. Horrible product.

Am one of maybe 5 people in the world to be sad that this was discontinued! Love that licorice smell, and it really sticks around. The only downside? Very drying!

on 2/26/2004 5:10:00 PM

A red glycerine soap with a fennel scent so strong it perfumes the entire bathroom just sitting there in its soapdish. It's really fresh and herby, not at all the girly confection you might imagine from its red color (which, incidentally, is powerful enough to mark white basins and towels, so be careful to rinse thoroughly). The lather is good, if a bit over-pink, and the soap has a better texture than some from Lush, not too hard and not too soft. The scent would be great for men too, but I can't see many going for the pink bubbles. If they made this in a green color instead, it would be perfect.

on 9/20/2004 1:06:00 PM

Both times I have purchased this wonderful soap I picked a round black colored section.The licorice scent is very nice and lingers on the skin nicely.

on 3/22/2004 9:59:00 PM

Ooooh...very, very nice. I usually hate licorice but this is very addictive. It leaves a very nice smell as well, couldn't work it out but certainly very nice.