Cargo Cosmetics Blush - Big Easy

Cargo Cosmetics Blush - Big Easy
Orgasm, Amour, Silvana, Cargo The Big EasyCargo Blush - The Big EasyCargo Blush: The big easy and CatalinaBlush - Big Easy

4.5

on 4/30/2017 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Big Easy is love hate for me. I really do love the colour in the pan ( a VERY light pinky peach with hint of silver sheen). But on my skin tone, almost looks like I'm not wearing any blush. I really have to use a heavy hand (which I usually don't with most Cargo blushes as they are well pigmented). It works great as a highlight with matte blushes (ie Catalina, Laguna etc). I will say it does suit a no/natural makeup day esp when paired with subtle eye/lip colours of pinks/corals.

I love Cargo blushes -- previously I used Catalina, but eventually determined (after using the whole tin), that it was a bit garish on my pale skin (fair -- cool to neutral).

So I moved on to this shade, and I love it. It's light but build-able, with just a hint of shimmer. It glides on so easily and is ridiculously flattering. The price for the amount of product like this is good, although I would never object to the price dropping a wee bit (who would?). I'd say the only competition for my blush affections would be Nars, but only because of price. Nars does not work as well as Cargo blushes for me, although the shades are there.

The downside is I notice that the blush in the tin turns powdery after a while, and while loose powder isn't unusable, it does make the application a bit more difficult.

on 1/28/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Another lovely blush from Cargo. No, I don't mind the tin container, I forgive the annoyance when opening as I understand the metaphor.
The Big Easy is a sheer shimmery coral/pink/peach that bestows just enough sheen to give one a glow without dreadful glitter. I pair this with Cargo Bermuda Essential lip color for a really coordinated look. The Big Easy is just that, it's difficult to overdue and and very easy to wear. I am quite PPP so this counteracts much pink my cheeks pull. This blush will subtly brighten your face and your day. After applying I lightly dust my face with Lotus Cosmetics Daffodil loose mineral finishing powder to set everything. This blush is lovely, easily layered and finely milled. A definite keeper and will gladly be replaced if the need should arise.

on 11/27/2013 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my absolute favorite blush! It does not break me out which most blushes do. The color is beautiful and natural perfect for everyday wear. It's a warm/neutral pink color with a slight golden sheen. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful toned-down coral pink! great for daily use. The shimmer particles are decently small and color shows up pretty good on the face though it looks pale in the pan. The tin packaging is kind of awkward for storage, but easy to clean and use.
the price point is fair enough for the amount of product given, but the powderiness causes a lot of waste during application.

on 12/17/2012 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this. It's matte but still sheer and adds a nice highlight. Makes my skin look healthy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great light blush for my NW20 skin. I love it as a light blush/highlighter. Easy to use, easy to blend.

on 5/25/2012 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this because I wanted something that looked like NARS Orgasm, minus the sparkles that Orgasm has (they look pretty obvious..at least when I wear it). At Sephora they recommended this to me and I've been using it for years. A little goes a long way with this blush so it lasts for a very long time!

Expensive, yes but definitely worthwhile.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the reviewer below me. At first I was not too impressed by this blush, it's light in the pan and shows up pretty light as well. However, the more chances I gave it the more I fell in love. I will say this is most suiting for me in the Fall/Winter when I am my palest (NW15-20) in the Spring/Summer when I catch some sun this barely shows up. Not to say that it's not still nice even then. If you have a more tan complexion this will definitely give you that sheen "glow from within" look (think Benefit Georgia peach but more pink/sheen toned)... the complexity of this would be flattering on most everyone in my opinion. The staying power is very nice as well, the price is just right (you get a ton of product I'm not sure I will ever use it up) and the packaging is awesome! I LOVE TINS, they are cute, hold up, don't break, are easy to store, etcetera. Cargo is certainly a brand catching my eye more and more and I know I will start investing more money into their products. Thumbs up!

on 4/5/2012 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really didn't like this blush when I first got it. I wanted it to be like NARS Orgasm (which started making me break on my cheeks so I had to stop using it) but I find it to be completely different and almost an exact dupe for NARS Deep Throat. In fact, I returned DT because I realized how similar it was to TBE. I didn't like it much at first but once I started layering it over bronzer (NARS Laguna) I really started to like it. I reach for it more and more because it really is flattering on my fair skin, it's pigmented, and it's not too glittery. I've started moving away from glittery blushes for the daytime because they just aren't that flattering in the sunlight.I wouldn't repurchase because I doubt I will run out anytime soon and I might try DT next. I like this much more than Catalina which I find to be chalky like others have said.