Filtered by eye Color : Black
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

3.6

on 11/22/2009 5:44:00 PM

I've been using this product for about 3 months, and it did help clear up my keratosis pillaris. The KP on my upper arms is the type where my little arm hairs get stuck in the pores and coil up, leaving a dark brownish bump. There's a small bit of hardened *stuff* in the pore as well.

My KP got better only after I started SLATHERING this stuff on. Don't go for the wimpy amount that you use for most lotions, it won't work with this lotion. Use enough so that you have to stand there and rub it in for a minute or two. Kind of annoying, but when I put up with it for a few weeks, I saw drastic improvements in my KP. However, it does not do much, if anything at all, for the hyperpigmentation left behind.

on 9/5/2009 6:12:00 AM

If you are prone to ingrown hairs after epilating or waxing I strongly encourage you to use this product! I started using this to prevent ingrown hairs on my legs, but I was so pleased by the results that I started using it all over on an every other day basis. It has greatly helped with the KP on my upper arms and has reduced the number of ingrown hairs on my legs. I even use it on my face about once a week. I took one lippie off for the smell, but it does fade quickly.

on 5/17/2009 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lotion is simply amazing and has worked miracles on my skin! I prefer the cream version, which I get in the 4.9 oz. tube for $9.49 from Target. I haven't tried looking at other pharmacies but at my Target, I always have to ask the pharmacy to special order the AmLactin since they usually don't carry it in stock. I use AmLactin al over my body 4-5 times a week so I probably go through a tube in less than a month. It is the only thing that has worked on my KP and dry skin. Aveeno original lotion also worked wonders on my skin but it doesn't keep my skin as soft and smooth as AmLactin. I usually alternate the two and sometimes I'll layer the AmLactin with my favorite scented lotion. Yes, AmLactin has a very strong ammonia smell and it leaves the skin a little tacky when first applied but that all dissapears in a few minutes. My routine is lotion after the shower, moisturizer and sunscreen on the face, blow-dry my hair and set it in velcro rollers, put on underwear, make my coffee. By the time that's all done, the lotion will have completely absorbed into my skin and the ammonia smell is gone. I swear the smell will go away after a few minutes and you will NOT smell like a bottle of ammonia but if you still can't stand it, try layering your favorite scented lotion over the AmLactin. Oddly enough, the smell of generic AmLactin is much stronger. It was like opening a bottle of ammonia every time I applied the lotion and it became too much for me so I went back to AmLactin. Please try to get past the initial smell of this product because it will give you the softest skin of your life.

Amlactin is the best solution I've found for keratosis pilaris so far. Although I still have a lot of bumps, they have lessened considerably with daily use of amlactin.

Two things I don't like about this product: It smells strange and makes my skin feel sticky. I assume that the stickiness is from the product pulling moisture to my skin, but it feels like I'm in very humid weather.

on 1/30/2004 5:07:00 AM

This is a fragrance free moisturizing body lotion targeted for rough, dry skin. My skin is not rough but it is very dry and there are some scars from ingrown hair. This moisturizing lotion is not moisturizing enough and my legs still itch from time to time. Even though this can lightened scar but took a very very long while. I will not repuchase for the following 3 reasons: took so long to lighten scar, not moisturizing enough, fragrance free (I like using good smelling product on my body). Find it a pain to finish the bottle.

Ingredients: Water, Lactic Acid neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide, Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl and Propyl Parabens (Preservatives) and Methylcellulose continued >>

Popular Lotions / Creams