Physicians Formula Powder Finish Concealer Stick in Light

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/14/2012 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Being pale (ivory) with super dark circles caused primarily by sinuses, I'm always on the look out for a new concealer. This was purchased because it was on clearance for a dollar and some change (whoo!). I got this in the shade Light, and it does provide excellent coverage. It is blendable as well as buildable.

So why give it a 3? I cannot stand the powder finish. Most creamy products that claim to have a powder finish usually end up looking chalky, and this is one of them. It's also actually a bit too light for my skin, and I have to blend super carefully with my fingers to achieve the coverage I want without looking like I have light streaks on my face. Regardless, it is full coverage, I did get lucky to see it on clearance, and I don't want to waste what I have. So, I put this on my dark circles and blend out the edges, then put my liquid foundation on top. As long as I stipple, it works pretty well, but I have to blend very carefully so it doesn't look chalky (putting it on top actually looks worse). Considering the full coverage, I plan to purchase the Gentle Cover Concealer Stick in Yellow, since it doesn't have a powder finish, after this one runs out.

EDIT: I've been battling a brutal sinus infection, and as you can imagine I have very dark circles under my eyes, and a lot of redness around my nose and above my mouth. I can't stand doing my full face routine when sick, so I slapped some of this one before going out with the family. I only applied to my circles and redness, and the super light color hid the all the problem areas, AND was able to match my skin tone. I imagine my dark circles and red spots helped darken the color just enough. I'm bumping this up a lippie for providing great coverage, but still being light and blendable on my puffy face.

on 2/16/2008 8:06:00 PM

This is the worst concealer ever. it sucks, lol um don't use it if you use powder foundations like me it shows way to much it might work with a creme foundation thats why i give it a 2.

on 1/19/2004 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My HG for years. Repurchased dozens of times. This matches my skin so perfectly that I don't need foundation, just this stick to blot out redness on blemishes. Its only $4 something and it lasts forever. A little tiny touch of the stick does wonders. It makes me look like I have clear skin, and I dont! Great find, they better never discontinue, I don't think I could find another awesome product such as this one.

on 4/2/2004 11:45:00 AM

***Updated****
I'm lowering my review of this one. I think I tried the gentle cover stick years ago and hated it, all I know is, I always thought this product was junk, until I tried this. I apply mine with a small makeup brush (actually a lip brush) and it covers pretty well and lasts ALL DAY! I thought stick kind of concealors made dry skin flaky and sat on top of the skin, but this stuff actually seems to do okay (unless its a really bad one).

this product wasn't really what i was looking for, but is an ok concealer. i was dissaopinted with its staying power (i found it to wear somewhat) and its finish, which was cakey/unnatural-looking to me. additionally, this may not be the best concealer for those with dry, flakey skin as it accentuates that.

despite that, i found the coverage to be good and the color match for my cool PPP skin to be dead-on. you win some, you lose some...

on 10/15/2006 9:09:00 PM

Cheap crap like most things from PF. Doesn't last and looks cakey and gross on!

on 1/3/2004 6:06:00 PM

This concealer is the best one I've tried. This is the Light shade, which is a pale ivory shade for pale skin. It is in a stick form, so it's easy to control and is very thick. I put it on OVER my foundation where needed so that it doesn't come off as I put my foundation on. It hides my under-eye circles very well, as well as blemishes and red spots.

The best thing about this concealer is that it never wears off. Sometimes after my foundation has worn off, my concealer is still 100% intact. Now that's a good concealer!

I know that makeup artists recommend wearing green and yellow concealers for different colors/types of imperfections, but this light concealer works on every type of imperfection for me. continued >>