Dior Poison

Dior Poison

3.4

on 9/26/2017 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

I have worn this fragrance for years and people Always tell me I smell lovely!! You only need a small amount and not overspray !, last a long time on skin.
Soap users will cause the fragrance to change so take care with shower products that are heavy in sodium or fragrance which can effect a lot of perfumes. Keep away from heat and sunlight.
I have tried many others having worked in this field and this ALWAYS gets noticed, and this bottle is always near empty on the counter.
Always coming back to this after trying Chanel (mm)

*** Just a little is needed ***.

I hadn't smelled this since the late '80s, and remembered it as something fabulous yet forbidding: giant fleshy tuberoses steeped in spiced Concord wine, absolutely unmistakable as anything but itself. I was a teenager back then and couldn't imagine wearing this stuff. It seemed fit for a ballbusting businesswoman in stilettos-- which I was not!

Just for fun I ordered a bottle of the vintage EdT off eBay. Wow! The minute I smelled this I actually laughed out loud. It's so ridiculously '80s, so decadent, so baroque. There was that coconutty tuberose monster I remembered-- and the grape-y, spicy velour surrounding it. Appropriately, Poison does have a touch of something that smells deliciously toxic, like gasoline or melted vinyl... but it works. Half a spritz of the EdT on my wrist created so much sillage that my pre-teen daughter smelled it upon entering the room. She HATED it and told me "that smells like old peope"-- that's what she says about all my Serious Vintage Perfumes and I take it as a compliment :)

Anyway, I have mad respect for this thing. It's distinctive as hell, and once you get used to it, it smells big and fruity and fabulous. Obviously an expensive composition. One spray on my wrists lasts 12 hours and it's soooo yummy, I just can't stop huffing it! In the later phases I get patchouli & leather, which I ADORE.

Even in EdT strength, I'd recommend dabbing Poison with a cotton swab and a great deal of caution at first. It is NUCLEAR. (Can't speak to current formulation, but I've heard it's weaker and not as complex.)

One of the all-time greats, if not amongst the all-time most wearable.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love this perfume, in spite of it being a little different than what I normally go for. It does smell very much like the entirety of the 1980s to me, as it probably does for most people that are near my age. When I was about nine or ten, my grandma found a miniature bottle of Poison somewhere and gave it to me. I remember taking it outside and hiding with it so I could smell it in private, and I felt like I'd just been given something very special. I was completely taken by the scent, even though it smelled strong and grown-up. I don't know what became of this bottle, but I probably bathed myself in this adult lady perfume until it was gone. Now, as an adult, I own some, and I don't wear it often just because I find it to be very assertive, but I still like having it at my disposal to wear when I feel like it. I love the bottle, it is beautiful and iconic just like the scent that it contains. I am sure that a lot of people hate this as much as I love it because it declares its presence so vocally, but I like having this almost-brash but still very pretty and feminine fragrance around.

I am so lucky to have this decant from 1992 vintage version before the re-formulation ..I was a child in the 80 's hoping one day to have the big hair , glamorous-almost tacky sequined dresses and lots of make-up on my face like those adult young ladies I saw around me and only very few of them wore " Poison " as it was insanely expensive ..Sadly , that didn't happen until I reached 35 years of age ..I grow up in my teens with " Cobra" ( a very close dupe of Poison but fails to enchant like her ) I never loved Cobra as I associated it with my troubles back then ..Till last year when I got this decant from a great friend of mine , and tried the feminine potion at last ..Oh my ..This is not a scent , this the most beautiful eccentric almost evil potion that will seduce men to their happy and final destruction ..To describe it a bit only one thing I can associate this perfume with ;a dominant , dark , mysterious lady , whose beauty is as poisonous as much as it is fascinating , she isn't "like " someone or trying to be someone , she is just herself , never trying to hide her dark powers , as she is so confident it will drag -literally - others to her ...Ladies , this masterpiece must be tried at least once in your life , when you are able to find the right attitude to handle it ..Just like Chanel No 5 , it is nothing to play with or add to a collection of perfumes to brag about ..It is an experience of dark forbidden fruits ,flowers and smokey woods magical brew ...

on 1/16/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried the vintage and at least a couple of reformulations: If you ever want to see me simultaneously sneeze and projectile barf across the room, wave a bottle of this under my nose.

I couldn't make friends with it when it came out, and CD's infamous crapola reformulations have not helped this one, one bit.
... Unless you run out of Drano.
In lieu of Drano, this will do fine.

Long story short: Robitussin got her hormones all messed up after being assaulted by a deadly case of halitosis on a crowded bus on a hot, humid and rainy day.
When she was finally able to get off the bus, her armpits were launching a revolt of such scale that her hoo-ha decided to go fishing.
The fish was, um... not good.
'Nuff said.

Sorry, Poison lovers. She really, really hates me. LOL.

I had the eau de toilet back in the early 90s. I never liked it, it was too harsh and grape like and maybe a little too mature for me at the time. I ended up giving it to my mom who I think still has it. I may have to give it a sniff again.

Fast forward 2015...
Aquired a small E'spirite de Parfum, It is Exquisite! (In my French) This is what Christian Dior intended for Poison to smell like. There is no harshness just soft sensual berries and smooth depth, slightly mossy but not in the old powdery perfume sense. E'spirite is well rounded and very potent. If you can wear any Tom Ford perfume you can certainly wear Poison, it is not dated or loud but oh so perfect.

on 5/18/2015 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I have never owned Poison I had a coworker in the 80s who wore it frequently. The top note was grape Kool-Aide but I love the scent of grape Kool-Aide. I knew I could never pull off so heady and strong a fragrance but I did like it on her unless I was in close proximity for too long. The revised version that I have sampled in stores is hardly recognizable to me. I would definitely wear the vintage now if I could afford it...but just a tiny bit.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I never wore this in the 80s but of course I remember it. I have a tiny bottle of Esprit de Parfum I bought some years ago just because I felt I should have it in my collection. Occasionally I would take the stopper off, sniff at it, and go 'ooof!' It's a potent creature. A few months ago I was working with someone and felt like I could smell a hint of .... Poison. But it was soft, barely there, pretty. I asked and yes, it was Poison. I figured this woman had some amazing chemistry but I couldn't get it out of my mind. So I finally decided to try the new EDT. It's not a beast at all. It's definitely recognisably Poison, but it's soft and soapy too. It has a real Balmain Ivoire thing going on, like a column of green soapiness running through it. Of course the original Ivoire was a lot fruitier than it is nowadays, so I suppose the new Poison is like the old Ivoire. At any rate, it wears softly and isn't at all over-powering. I'm sure real Poison fans will be disappointed, and it certainly doesn't smell anything like all of the light fruity stuff that's popular nowadays, but gosh it's a beautiful fragrance.

on 1/27/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Phewwww...smells like old bayberry candle wax that my granny used to put out every Christmas. No thanks.

I have worn this perfume twice.......each time I have been complimented by a man. First, my boyfriend then a man at a party was not a pervert but I felt like he was circling me and trying.to sit next to me.....Finally, he asked for the name of my perfume and told me how much he enjoyed it. This is strong stuff. I only dab this on my wrists and a few dabs behind my neck. It really is quite beautiful applied light.This one is for night one-year round.

Popular Fragrances