Dior Poison

Dior Poison

3.4

I am so lucky to have this decant from 1992 vintage version before the re-formulation ..I was a child in the 80 's hoping one day to have the big hair , glamorous-almost tacky sequined dresses and lots of make-up on my face like those adult young ladies I saw around me and only very few of them wore " Poison " as it was insanely expensive ..Sadly , that didn't happen until I reached 35 years of age ..I grow up in my teens with " Cobra" ( a very close dupe of Poison but fails to enchant like her ) I never loved Cobra as I associated it with my troubles back then ..Till last year when I got this decant from a great friend of mine , and tried the feminine potion at last ..Oh my ..This is not a scent , this the most beautiful eccentric almost evil potion that will seduce men to their happy and final destruction ..To describe it a bit only one thing I can associate this perfume with ;a dominant , dark , mysterious lady , whose beauty is as poisonous as much as it is fascinating , she isn't "like " someone or trying to be someone , she is just herself , never trying to hide her dark powers , as she is so confident it will drag -literally - others to her ...Ladies , this masterpiece must be tried at least once in your life , when you are able to find the right attitude to handle it ..Just like Chanel No 5 , it is nothing to play with or add to a collection of perfumes to brag about ..It is an experience of dark forbidden fruits ,flowers and smokey woods magical brew ...

on 1/16/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried the vintage and at least a couple of reformulations: If you ever want to see me simultaneously sneeze and projectile barf across the room, wave a bottle of this under my nose.

I couldn't make friends with it when it came out, and CD's infamous crapola reformulations have not helped this one, one bit.
... Unless you run out of Drano.
In lieu of Drano, this will do fine.

Long story short: Robitussin got her hormones all messed up after being assaulted by a deadly case of halitosis on a crowded bus on a hot, humid and rainy day.
When she was finally able to get off the bus, her armpits were launching a revolt of such scale that her hoo-ha decided to go fishing.
The fish was, um... not good.
'Nuff said.

Sorry, Poison lovers. She really, really hates me. LOL.

To Read all 255 Reviews, Login or Join

I had the eau de toilet back in the early 90s. I never liked it, it was too harsh and grape like. I ended up giving it to my mom who I think still has it.

Fast forward 2015...
Aquired a small E'spirite de Parfum, It is Exquisite! (In my French) This is what Christian Dior intended for Poison to smell like. There is no harshness just soft sensual berry like depth, slight moss but not in the old powdery perfume sense. Well rounded Very potent. If you can wear any Tom Ford perfume you can certainly wear Poison, it is not dated or loud but oh so perfect.

on 5/18/2015 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I have never owned Poison I had a coworker in the 80s who wore it frequently. The top note was grape Kool-Aide but I love the scent of grape Kool-Aide. I knew I could never pull off so heady and strong a fragrance but I did like it on her unless I was in close proximity for too long. The revised version that I have sampled in stores is hardly recognizable to me. I would definitely wear the vintage now if I could afford it...but just a tiny bit.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I never wore this in the 80s but of course I remember it. I have a tiny bottle of Esprit de Parfum I bought some years ago just because I felt I should have it in my collection. Occasionally I would take the stopper off, sniff at it, and go 'ooof!' It's a potent creature. A few months ago I was working with someone and felt like I could smell a hint of .... Poison. But it was soft, barely there, pretty. I asked and yes, it was Poison. I figured this woman had some amazing chemistry but I couldn't get it out of my mind. So I finally decided to try the new EDT. It's not a beast at all. It's definitely recognisably Poison, but it's soft and soapy too. It has a real Balmain Ivoire thing going on, like a column of green soapiness running through it. Of course the original Ivoire was a lot fruitier than it is nowadays, so I suppose the new Poison is like the old Ivoire. At any rate, it wears softly and isn't at all over-powering. I'm sure real Poison fans will be disappointed, and it certainly doesn't smell anything like all of the light fruity stuff that's popular nowadays, but gosh it's a beautiful fragrance.

on 1/27/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Phewwww...smells like old bayberry candle wax that my granny used to put out every Christmas. No thanks.

I have worn this perfume twice.......each time I have been complimented by a man. First, my boyfriend then a man at a party was not a pervert but I felt like he was circling me and trying.to sit next to me.....Finally, he asked for the name of my perfume and told me how much he enjoyed it. This is strong stuff. I only dab this on my wrists and a few dabs behind my neck. It really is quite beautiful applied light.This one is for night one-year round.

Wow this perfume is strong but I love it. I had a bottle in the 80s and it used to clear a room with one spray. There are slightly watered down versions of it, Poisen Tendre, Hypnotic Poison etc and I love them all. The original Poison is strong stuff, very deep, musky and gorgeous and smells like expensive stuff (which it is). I love the way it lingers on my clothes and hair when I spray it but be warned only use a couple of sprays so the bottle last for months. If you use too much you will get told by someone as it is one of those heady scents that can give people headaches if too much is in the air. But I have to say this has always been a firm favourite of mine and one which I will continue to keep buying. Apart from the price there is nothing I don't like about it.

on 10/12/2014 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Dior's Poison changed the fragrance landscape in the 80s. Pure and potent. The current one on shelves is a shell of it's former self. I have a bottle from around 1997 (before it changed to the apple bottle). It's a deep, heady, mysterious floral. There's a lot of fruit and musk here. I think this is a suitable scent for a man as well as a woman. It is potent so you don't need to over apply. I love the dry down. It's an interesting scent!

on 9/4/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't know why anyone likes this, it was given to me as a present and smells SO unappealing.

Popular Fragrances