Marcelle Ultimate Lash

Marcelle Ultimate Lash

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

New HG for me. It gives a clean but volumized look. It DOES NOT irritate my eyes! At ALL! That is big for me. I always buy $$$ these days the pricier the better thinking they will be less prone to hurting my eyes but all of them have given problems. The worst offenders have been Guerlain (huge cyst/swelling), and Lancome (painfully hurting) and Dior (flaking and constant tiny specks in eyes caused massively sensitive and red eyes weeks after using it regularly). Marcelle? The answer was so near all along? (Even though it is not waterproof it doesn't smudge or flake even with slight tearing. My YSL always washes off and smudges AND irritates my eyes AND clump city! My lashes are genuinely definitely thicker (Benefit, YSL and Dior mascaras all mad my lashes fall off maybe from the formula or fragrance?). This has none of those issues but looks better. I have to stop being suckered in by beautiful packaging and go for end result. This genuinely rocks my socks.

This product can put clumpy right from the get-go. I would definitely not ever repurchase.

I have purchased many tubes of this mascara. I used to use the Marcelle Precision Volume, but started to feel that I wanted less oomph and a more natural look for daytime. I love how Ultimate Lash just emphasizes my eyelashes. I do find the first week or so of a new tube it's a bit too wet or something, but after that I love the consistency. If you're looking for super length and volume, this mascara isn't for you. But it's my favourite everyday staple!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was so disappointed by this product I couldn't believe it. I used to love Marcelle products but recently every one I've bought has been a disappointment and complete waste of money. I bought the Ultimate Lash mascara after reading reviews that seemed to be in its favour. I bought the mascara or $10.99 at my local drugstore and wish I could have every penny I spent on it back. When I removed the wand I was absolutely shocked by the amount of mascara coating the brush and the entire wand itself, and not in a good way. It was completely covered in mascara to the point where the wand and brush were no longer even visible. It just looked like a huge, cylindrical pile of black blob. I tried putting the wand back in the tube and taking it out again to see if it came off and while I did that, it spilled out all over the sides and I had to clean it all up. I swear that half of that mascara on the tube was now covering my hands and outside of the tube. I went to give it another go and wiped of the brush and wand and then ran the product through my lashes and it weighed them down and made them stick right together. Instead of looking like I had more lashes, it looked like I had less. This product is definitely the biggest disappointment of any product I've ever used. I will definitely never repurchase this product.

on 2/26/2012 3:26:00 AM

Was looking to try something new in mascara, normally use Cover Girl lash exact, tried this and had severe reaction! Wore this one day for a few hours, washed it off, but had itcy severely swollen eyes! Had to go to Dr. and needed cream and eyedrops I had to use for 10 days. Will definately not buy it again.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I had high hopes for this mascara, but it fell short. It gave so so length, not enough volume and it didn't hold a good curl for me. I think the biggest problem I had with this mascara was it caused my eyelashes to fall out when removing it, and it was quite difficult to remove it too.

I think from now on if I want a mascara I'll stick with Marcelle's sister company Anabelle(Le big show is much better mascara).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

- Lengthens and thickens lashes, but still looks and feels natural
- Does not flake
- Hypo-allergenic
- Application brush is full, but clean (it's not a small poof that loads mascara onto one section of lashes, but it's also not bare so that you have to do 50 strokes to get your lashes covered) .. the brush reminds me a bit of the one tha comes with the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara.

DISLIKE

- I haven't had any problems with it smudging, but I wish it was waterproof just to ensure it doesn't smudge or run on hot summer days.

I bought mine in a combination package with the Marcelle black liquid liner, but I wouldn't mind seeing if they have this mascara in dark brown next time.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mascara! I recently found it in my mother's room, so I was hesitant to try it because it's been sitting around for a while but I was completely blown away. I have fairly long, curly, but thin and sparse eyelashes that are very pale in colour. Generally, I love volumizing mascaras and this is definitely in my top three! It separates and volumizes without making my eyelashes feel stiff or sticky! They feel soft and healthy. And even though the tube is old (but rarely used) it doesn't irritate my eyes. I'm spent - I would definitely recommend this mascara to anyone who's looking for something volumizing.

I have this in the colour 'black'.

on 12/8/2010 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is an okay product. It makes my lashes long after a few coats. But im not a big fan of the wand. It has no curve and just doesn't make my lashes very volumized,

on 11/15/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this mascara on a whim after my cousin was wearing it and it looked nice on her. However, because of using crappy mascaras, my lashes are now super sparse. So no, this mascara isn't that good. Better to take the $15 you'll spend on this, and put it towards something more quality like a Dior or Benefit mascara. But if you really can't afford more than drugstore (it's cool...me too.), than have a lash comb on hand.