Nailtiques Formula 2 - Nail Protein

Nailtiques Formula 2 - Nail Protein
Formula 2 - Nail ProteinFormula 2 - Nail ProteinFormula 2 - Nail ProteinFormula 2 - Nail ProteinFormula 2 - Nail Protein

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Toluene, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Dibutyl Phthalate, Acylic Resin, Formalin, Hydrolyzed Protein, Calcium, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Gelatin

on 9/4/2016 6:40:00 AM

I've always been desperate for long, healthy nails. I've tried them all, Sally Hansen, OPI etc but had yet to try this one.
I saw gleaming reviews on amazon , it was a challenge to find one negative review.
My nails had started to grow and felt stronger than ever BUT I still felt like nailtiques could provide them with that extra bit of tlc to improve things further and reduce peeling.
After one week..four of my nails snapped off.
two other nails are peeling and extremely tender.
I'm not saying a bit of the nail chipped, the whole actual nail came off!
I'm devastated and feel extremely saddened as I spent such a long time trying to get them in good condition.
Perhaps I am extremely sensitive to the protein but I still feel there is no excuse for the product to cause that much damage.
I'm now going to play it safe and go back to my nail growth by Hansen. Although results may not be dramatic, it does improve the health of my nails and even applying everyday will not cause peeling or damages.
If you're going to try this out, perhaps try it on just one nail and see how it improves over a few weeks as I made the mistake of putting the product on all my nails which are now non existent.
I hope that others have a better reaction with the product and do not experience the same thing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Too bad for me, I get to be one of those few that this product *does nothing for*. After three days the peelies were excellerated and the whites of my nails started to disintegrate. As things were not going well I decided to not push on any further. I did get a slight sensation when I first applied it, so there certainly seemed to be chemical stuff going on, but my nails just got immediately worse.

on 4/5/2016 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I will never, ever be without this. When using this regularly, my nails grow strong yet flexible, and they almost never break. Truly HG.

on 4/5/2016 4:27:00 AM

My nails "were" weak, peeling, ridged, soft & bendy.
Have tried & failed with: Various Sally Hansen strengthening and damaged nail products, Mavala Nail Hardener, various OPI products, etc etc.....

The very first day I used this amazing product, the peeling parts of my nails seemed to bond together. I carried on applying this alone (without any other nail product), for about 5 days, and the transformation is truly stunning. The peeling has stopped and the ends that were peeling down my nails have bonded together and feel considerably stronger. They are still a bit flexible, but not as weak and brittle as they were. I tried using nail polish over this after a week and it certainly seems to be staying better, then the next day I put another coat of this over the top of my polish, and that really gives my polish staying power.
After a few weeks of using this product, I still can't believe how amazing it actualy is! I keep looking at them waiting for the peeling to start again, but so far it is working beautifully.

Having tried so so many other top products and brands that did nothing, I was reluctant to try something so expensive, but desperation made my try it and I cannot be more pleased with the amazing results I am having. I highly recommend this product!

Top Tip: I have also started using a natural nail polish remover called Fresh Therapies Eden Natural Nail Polish Remover, which works like a dream and doesn't dry out my nails. :)

on 4/4/2016 8:33:00 PM

I'm always on and off with acrylic nails. This really helped my nail looked healthier and way shinier. It make my nails stronger in only a week. I definitely recommend this. This formula drys very quick.

on 1/8/2016 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just changed to this polish from the plus verion about 3 weeks ago. I still LOVE the plus version (see that review) but this version is cheaper so I thought it was time I made the switch. This formula is not as "gooey" as the plus...a little thinner...but it seems to work just as well at keeping my nails strong and keeping my polish looking nice. But honestly, my nails are now stronger with nothing on them at all so the real proof will be in a few months when the nails that have been treated with the plus version have grown out. I'll update again in a few months, but for now if your nails are doing well on the plus version, I do recommend trying the non-plus for less money. If you haven't tried either and you have problem nails, DO NOT HESITATE!!!!! BUY IT NOW!!!!

I have noticed, as a side note, that when my nails DO break (more than a chip off the end), they tend to break down in my nail bed. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but ouch! It's only happened maybe 3 times and it might be my fault (trying to open a bathroom drawer from the side so it hit my thumb nail instead of using the drawer knob) but they do at least grow out faster now. And it's actually very difficult to cut my thumb nails now with a nail clipper because they're so thick and strong. YEAH!!!!!

I like this stuff even though it's expensive IMO. I'm at the end of one bottle and now it's thick, so I need to figure out how to thin it out or lose almost a quarter of the bottle. I can definitely tell a difference in the strength of my nails when I use it regularly.

I have had very weak nails for my whole life. My nails never grew very long because they would always break off and the bed of my nails were very flat. Then I started using this twice a week for at least 4 week now and i see a huge difference. The bed of all my nails are starting to round and the nail itself is so much thicker!!

on 9/23/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This saves me from visiting the salon! My real nails grow nicely without chipping or peeling. Wish I knew this in my 20s! I love this and recommended to my loved ones. It's a life saver aka nail saver!! My nails are long and strong. Thank u MUA for this amazing 411 :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nailtiques 2 saved my nails! I struggled with peeling nails for many years and tried every moisturizing basecoat under the sun, as I assumed moisture was what my nails needed. After seeing several posts on the Nail Board recommending Nailtiques 2 for peelies, I gave it a try.

I do not use this product per the directions, rather I use it as my basecoat and change it once a week with my polish. By the third use, my peelies were gone and have not returned. I actually have to trim my nails down due to length, rather than peeling! The only additional product I use is oiling my nails nightly before bed.

The price is a bit high for this item, but you can get a half size bottle to try it first. I got a half size on Amazon for less than $10.

Popular Treatments