Nailtiques Formula 2 - Nail Protein

Nailtiques Formula 2 - Nail Protein
Formula 2 - Nail ProteinFormula 2 - Nail ProteinFormula 2 - Nail ProteinFormula 2 - Nail ProteinFormula 2 - Nail Protein

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Toluene, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Dibutyl Phthalate, Acylic Resin, Formalin, Hydrolyzed Protein, Calcium, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Gelatin

This is completely HG status for me and I have like 3 backups. Before I started using this, my nails were quite weak and constantly splitting at the tips. Whenever I wore nail polish, it just destroyed my nails. Now, I use this as the very first thing I put on, then a base coat, then however many coats of polish, then a top coat- any my nails have never been stronger! They no longer peel, I rarely get a break, they just look healthy!

I wear polish 99.99% of the time now, very rarely do I go without, and even if I'm not wearing polish, I have this on. I used to never be able to wear polish because all my nails would break if I did! Now, my polish collection is almost 900 bottles strong, and I LOVE doing my nails!

This dries in under a minute. I am so so happy I found this (after trying a few other things like OPI's Nail Envy and Butter London Horsepower). I do think it has to do with your body chemistry and finding something that works for you. If you are looking for something to try, this may very well be the thing for you! I get mine on ebay.

on 4/17/2017 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For years I was an avid nail biter and they looked awful. I decided to stop biting and thought this might help. It is amazing! It strengthens your nails so no bending or softness. It smoothed out the nail so no ridges. It made my nails grow really quickly and they were are so healthy.
After years of biting, I now have lovely nails. At the start of using this you apply everyday on top of the last coat and then remove and start again. I don't need to use it every day now but I still use it once a week. It keeps my nails on top top condition. I use CND Solar Oil in between because that's a great oil for nails. I will always buy this, it's the best.
I also use it as a base coat, it works really well and I never have stained nails from polish.
Sometimes the last bit in the bottle can get quite thick. Nailtiques sell a nail polish thinner which o bought and that works really well. You can use it on any nail polish that is a bit too thick. I also use the Nailtiques polish remover as it is kinder to nails. I love the range and I will always repurchase. I definitely recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My nails were in decent health, but I noticed that when growing them out the edges would easily break, so I thought I'd try this.

This caused my nail to break off painfully close to the nail bed, caused minor bleeding :/ Also cause the nail to separate, the top layer chip-off. Dried out my cuticles, made them peel.

I'm sticking to Nail Life Nail Revitalizer & natural oils

on 3/22/2017 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product is so expensive, but I always end up shelling out the money when I run out. I bought this after OPI Nail Envy did not fix my peeling and weak nails and this did the trick.

My nails have always been weak but after getting a shellac manicure the tips of my nails would peel leaving the tips even weaker than before and it just didn't look good. I noticed improvement on the peeling after a week of using this and then about 3 weeks in a noticeable difference in weakness. I can now push down on my tips and they do not bend at all.

This also happens to be an awesome base coat, at least for me. Nail polish never stains my nails if I have this under it and if I want to pick it off, it peels off in strips. The only downside I found is that when I got down to the last quarter or maybe a little less the product got to "goopy" to use without a bit of difficulty.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Where has this been all my life? I've struggled for years with weak and flakey nails, and probably spent hundreds on various treatments that claim to transform them. Nailtiques is a little pricier but well worth it. My nails are in better condition now than I even knew was possible--no more peeling, no more breaking, I went to get a manicure last week and my nail technician asked if I would model my nails for her portfolio. You think I could've done that without Nailtiques?!!!! Never in a million years!!!!

Long story short: this stuff works!
My problem, the top layer of nail would peel away from the bottom layer leaving a flimsy tip that would bend and break on the sides, often deep into the quick. To the point of bleeding. Ouch!
I tried many drug store brands, Sally Hanson, Nutrinail, Sally's brands, and Duri, ever more expensive and nothing helped.
I bought the trial size of Nailtiques formula 2 judging it to be the solution to my issues and was shocked at how small the bottle was. Think mini polish for $8.95, at Nail Polish Canada,last March.
I did not follow the directions or the bottle would only last 2 weeks at best. :(
I used 1 coat a day for 2 days. Nothing day 3 and removed day 4 and started the process again. Without nail polish. After 2 weeks, the tiny bottle was half empty but I convinced myself that my thumbs showed some improvement and bought the 15ml bottle for $24.95 ( don't tell my husband!)
I decided to do my nails Sunday and again Wednesday because the polish would bend, break and peel the nail by then anyway.
The regimen I used:
1 coat of nailtiques as a base. 1 or 2 coats of polish and 1 coat of Seche Vite topcoat.
After removing each Sunday and Wednesday, I clipped and filed the split, breaking bits and yes, my tips were slanted, pointed little pentagons. Ugly!
Fast forward to June. 3 months in and definite improvement in thumbs!
Fast forward to August. I used my thumbs to scrap stuck on food off the frying pan without them bending backwards and me screaming like a girl. I abuse my nails, yes, I do dishes without gloves and other household chores. I type!
I noticed around this time that I was clipping healthy nails on about 6 fingers with no splitting or peeling bits!
Yay! I also noticed that I could go Sunday to Friday without bending a nail and clipping my polish.
So starting September I only used Nailtiques 2, on Sunday. Once a week!
In Canada it gets cold around November and usually the splitting and peeling gets worse. Not this year! I had to trim the length off! Really! I went through the winter without a single break or crack on the side. They look like little Chickets! Not the slanty broken claws I'm used to! Yay!
That bottle for $24.95 I bought last April is almost empty so I just ordered another.
Are my nails perfect. Honestly? No. I still have the splitting and peeling on my 2 ring fingers but they are getting better.
I suspect this might have worked better, and faster had I actually followed the instructions. Then again, my nails only seem to grow a millimetre or two a month so I'm not sure how much help putting on a strengthening treatment daily would help.
Anyway, my hubby noticed how long and even my nails were and if he noticed their improvement, it must be working. (He notices nothing!)
I am almost 50 and after 3 decades of struggle, I finally don't feel like I have to hide my fingers in shame because they look nice.
I don't know if this product will work for other people, but it worked for me. I would recommend Nail Polish Canada to order it online and the 7ml size for $15 to give it an honest trial. (A lot of companies don't ship to Canada so this was the cheapest I could find)

on 9/4/2016 6:40:00 AM

I've always been desperate for long, healthy nails. I've tried them all, Sally Hansen, OPI etc but had yet to try this one.
I saw gleaming reviews on amazon , it was a challenge to find one negative review.
My nails had started to grow and felt stronger than ever BUT I still felt like nailtiques could provide them with that extra bit of tlc to improve things further and reduce peeling.
After one week..four of my nails snapped off.
two other nails are peeling and extremely tender.
I'm not saying a bit of the nail chipped, the whole actual nail came off!
I'm devastated and feel extremely saddened as I spent such a long time trying to get them in good condition.
Perhaps I am extremely sensitive to the protein but I still feel there is no excuse for the product to cause that much damage.
I'm now going to play it safe and go back to my nail growth by Hansen. Although results may not be dramatic, it does improve the health of my nails and even applying everyday will not cause peeling or damages.
If you're going to try this out, perhaps try it on just one nail and see how it improves over a few weeks as I made the mistake of putting the product on all my nails which are now non existent.
I hope that others have a better reaction with the product and do not experience the same thing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Too bad for me, I get to be one of those few that this product *does nothing for*. After three days the peelies were excellerated and the whites of my nails started to disintegrate. As things were not going well I decided to not push on any further. I did get a slight sensation when I first applied it, so there certainly seemed to be chemical stuff going on, but my nails just got immediately worse.

on 4/5/2016 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I will never, ever be without this. When using this regularly, my nails grow strong yet flexible, and they almost never break. Truly HG.

on 4/5/2016 4:27:00 AM

My nails "were" weak, peeling, ridged, soft & bendy.
Have tried & failed with: Various Sally Hansen strengthening and damaged nail products, Mavala Nail Hardener, various OPI products, etc etc.....

The very first day I used this amazing product, the peeling parts of my nails seemed to bond together. I carried on applying this alone (without any other nail product), for about 5 days, and the transformation is truly stunning. The peeling has stopped and the ends that were peeling down my nails have bonded together and feel considerably stronger. They are still a bit flexible, but not as weak and brittle as they were. I tried using nail polish over this after a week and it certainly seems to be staying better, then the next day I put another coat of this over the top of my polish, and that really gives my polish staying power.
After a few weeks of using this product, I still can't believe how amazing it actualy is! I keep looking at them waiting for the peeling to start again, but so far it is working beautifully.

Having tried so so many other top products and brands that did nothing, I was reluctant to try something so expensive, but desperation made my try it and I cannot be more pleased with the amazing results I am having. I highly recommend this product!

Top Tip: I have also started using a natural nail polish remover called Fresh Therapies Eden Natural Nail Polish Remover, which works like a dream and doesn't dry out my nails. :)

Popular Treatments