Nailtiques Formula 2 - Nail Protein

Nailtiques Formula 2 - Nail Protein

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Toluene, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Dibutyl Phthalate, Acylic Resin, Formalin, Hydrolyzed Protein, Calcium, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Gelatin

on 10/11/2018 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you have peeling, weak, soft & bendy nails, this product is for you. I started with Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus when I had peely nubbies and my nails grew out with no peeling or breaking. I switched over to this formula because it's slightly less expensive. It's been working well to keep my nails peel free. If you've tried other nail strengtheners in the past (OPI, Malava, Sally Hansen, Duri Rejuvacote etc) and it hasn't worked for you, give this one a try. It bonds to your nails and protects them from coming off in sheets like mine did.

Also, a fair warning to those prone to peelies, DON'T buff your nails. I did a round of nailtiques a while back and once my nails grew out healthy I started buffing them. BIG mistake - I got peelies again. Buffing actually weakens your nails. So just keep that buffer away people!

on 8/25/2018 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great product. I am hard on my nails and they were constantly breaking, tearing and peeling. I didn't see any improvement with vitamins or supplements. Formula 2 has really helped. I do get periodic breaking, but the peeling has stopped which was my big issue.

The company states that for best results, "apply one coat per day without color polish. As nail condition improves, decrease application to every other day. If wearing color polish, apply Protein Formula #2 as a base coat and then apply polish." I do this, but when I have polish, I also apply a coat of this on top of the polish once a day or every second day. It has made my polish last two weeks without chips. Essentially, it feels like a strong gel manicure.

on 7/31/2018 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product a few weeks ago to help heal my nails from 2 back-to-back SNS powder manicures. My nails have never felt healthier! I have always been a nail biter and broke the habit thanks to that SNS polish, but I knew I couldn't keep that habit at bay if my nails were brittle and unhealthy when I removed the polish. This nail protein has saved my nails! I apply once daily still because my nails were so fragile previously. The price is a little steep, but well worth it for the results. It dries quickly and looks lovely on bare nails. This is the first nail treatment that has worked so quickly! I will continue using this product and will try the other products in this range as well.

This is the best nail hardener I have tried so far. I had splitting, thin nails... it was impossible for me to get them long before they broke in layers. I tried everything to no avail. I found this in one trip to the US in Target (I live in Mexico) and I thought I could try it. Seriously. Buy this. Less than two months later, my nails are growing long and strong. Also it goes on smoothly and works perfect as a base coat for my weekly manicure. Dries in seconds. I have bought it two times more already and just ordered it again.

on 11/30/2017 7:13:00 AM

This is great. It dries in a few seconds and I saw a big difference after a week of using it. I also use apricot nail oil on my cuticles from Essie. My nails look healthy and feel stronger. I use every other day or so. Awesome product!

This is completely HG status for me and I have like 3 backups. Before I started using this, my nails were quite weak and constantly splitting at the tips. Whenever I wore nail polish, it just destroyed my nails. Now, I use this as the very first thing I put on, then a base coat, then however many coats of polish, then a top coat- any my nails have never been stronger! They no longer peel, I rarely get a break, they just look healthy!

I wear polish 99.99% of the time now, very rarely do I go without, and even if I'm not wearing polish, I have this on. I used to never be able to wear polish because all my nails would break if I did! Now, my polish collection is almost 900 bottles strong, and I LOVE doing my nails!

This dries in under a minute. I am so so happy I found this (after trying a few other things like OPI's Nail Envy and Butter London Horsepower). I do think it has to do with your body chemistry and finding something that works for you. If you are looking for something to try, this may very well be the thing for you! I get mine on ebay.

on 4/17/2017 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For years I was an avid nail biter and they looked awful. I decided to stop biting and thought this might help. It is amazing! It strengthens your nails so no bending or softness. It smoothed out the nail so no ridges. It made my nails grow really quickly and they were are so healthy.
After years of biting, I now have lovely nails. At the start of using this you apply everyday on top of the last coat and then remove and start again. I don't need to use it every day now but I still use it once a week. It keeps my nails on top top condition. I use CND Solar Oil in between because that's a great oil for nails. I will always buy this, it's the best.
I also use it as a base coat, it works really well and I never have stained nails from polish.
Sometimes the last bit in the bottle can get quite thick. Nailtiques sell a nail polish thinner which o bought and that works really well. You can use it on any nail polish that is a bit too thick. I also use the Nailtiques polish remover as it is kinder to nails. I love the range and I will always repurchase. I definitely recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My nails were in decent health, but I noticed that when growing them out the edges would easily break, so I thought I'd try this.

This caused my nail to break off painfully close to the nail bed, caused minor bleeding :/ Also cause the nail to separate, the top layer chip-off. Dried out my cuticles, made them peel.

I'm sticking to Nail Life Nail Revitalizer & natural oils

on 3/22/2017 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product is so expensive, but I always end up shelling out the money when I run out. I bought this after OPI Nail Envy did not fix my peeling and weak nails and this did the trick.

My nails have always been weak but after getting a shellac manicure the tips of my nails would peel leaving the tips even weaker than before and it just didn't look good. I noticed improvement on the peeling after a week of using this and then about 3 weeks in a noticeable difference in weakness. I can now push down on my tips and they do not bend at all.

This also happens to be an awesome base coat, at least for me. Nail polish never stains my nails if I have this under it and if I want to pick it off, it peels off in strips. The only downside I found is that when I got down to the last quarter or maybe a little less the product got to "goopy" to use without a bit of difficulty.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Where has this been all my life? I've struggled for years with weak and flakey nails, and probably spent hundreds on various treatments that claim to transform them. Nailtiques is a little pricier but well worth it. My nails are in better condition now than I even knew was possible--no more peeling, no more breaking, I went to get a manicure last week and my nail technician asked if I would model my nails for her portfolio. You think I could've done that without Nailtiques?!!!! Never in a million years!!!!

Popular Treatments