Rimmel Lasting Finish - Kasbah

Price: $

on 4/14/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This lipstick is does not flatter my NC44 complexion at all! It really makes me look sick. I'm going to classify this shade as in the orange family, like a burnt orange color. Hopefully it will look better when I darken up in the summer because I don't want to throw it away.

on 4/8/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up from walgreens for $3.49. I was hoping the color would pull some pink tones in it but on me it's mostly orange. I am very fairy and cool toned so it's not quite the right shade for me. I still use it by dabbing it on with my finger over pinkish lip balm and it looks really cute. I also dab it on my cheeks sometimes. It does have a scent, I can't really put my finger on it, but it's not really offensive. The packaging is super cheap and I'm afraid the cap will come off in my purse. Overall, I'm making use of it but would not repurchase the shade

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a wonderful warm terracotta color that compliments my asian NC30ish skin wonderfully. Rimmel's lipstick packaging has gotten a major facelift and they now come packaged in a sleek reddish brown plastic case with a little crown embossed in the top of the cap--very cute! There is a slight flowery smell but it's nothing overpowering at all and certainly much, much better than the old fragrance of Rimmel lipsticks, which was so reminiscent of baby powder that I could not stand wearing them.

This lipstick is richly pigmented and long-wearing but it can be very drying and if I'm not careful this will accentuate even the slightest bit of flaking on my lips! That's the only reason I give this a three. The color itself is easily a four or higher...I just wish it were more moisturizing!

on 5/4/2005 7:37:00 PM

A lipstick that goes on very smoothly. Very classy packaging too, and at a reasonable price. Personally, I felt that this color - an orange-brown with a hint of pink, was a little loud on my warm PPP skin, although it was a *very nice* color and complemented my skin - gave my cheeks a hint of glow. But it's not the type of shade you can put on with an 'unmade' face. I'm more used to neutral, lighter shades, so I'll be using this only on certain occasions. In the meantime, am still looking for a good, casual, everyday shade. UPDATE 05/10/05: I found a way to tone down this color to a lovely peach - I apply a layer of Mark's Fresh Kiss Nekkid lipstick (a nude brown) and then Kasbah, and it ends up looking very beautiful!

on 9/13/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I'm in love with this colour! It's so flattering and makes my teeth stand out and look super white. It's flattering on everyone. My only con is that is does feel a bit drying however for the price I feel that this lipstick really does deliver. This will be a staple in my makeup bag forever.

Love this lipstick!! On my lips, it's a lovely terracotta shade, not as bright as what you see in the user photo (possibly because of flash?). This wears well with Rimmel Wild Clover lipliner (which is my HG).
This was recommend on a color analysis blog as a good option to consider if you are an autumn (which I am). The look is "made up but still natural"...not natural as in you don't notice it, but natural as in the color belongs on me, if that makes sense.

Popular wisdom says blue-ish lippies whiten your teeth (which is true) but they don't always look great one me. this is a nude/orange/rose mix and it brightens up my face and makes my teeth look whiter.
LOVE LOVE the formula...not greasy or thick, it really feels like I'm not even wearing lipstick!! Doesn't seem to make lip lines more noticeable and it's got a slight sheen without being frosty/shimmery or slippery.

Deducted 1 lippie for the scent and taste...not a fan of scented lippies unless they are peppermint. This has a bake shop smell...can't tell if it's meant to be caramel or cupcake.The packaging is super light and cheap but the price point and the beautiful color are fantastic!

on 1/31/2013 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Average lipstick with a great colour selection, I really love this one for my warm skin tone.

on 3/29/2012 10:54:00 PM

On me this lipstick looks like burnt orange/terracotta with a satin finish. If you look good in Revlon Sandalwood Beige or NYX Herades you should look good in this. Although I prefer unfragranced products the fragrance is inoffensive, a sort of butterscotch taste and smell. Lasting power is not great but for the price that's not really an issue.

on 3/22/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I can't believe that I never did this review . this is a very pretty color but it can be tricky . Its very sexy , very innocent , very sophisticated IF you can handle the orange .

on 8/5/2010 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I've been trying to branch out lately with L/S colors but always seem to gravitate (and purchase) basically the same thing. I was determined to try something different when I spotted this shade. And to think I almost passed it by...Yikes! I LOVE IT!!! This color is hard to describe but it's like a nude shade with the volume turned way up. There is an orange cast but more like a reddish brick tone (not too red) that really flatters. More warm, I think. Strange... because this just lights up my cool (NW25) toned complexion. The staying power is pretty good and it doesn't bleed. Way more hydrating than many of the other lipstick brands I've tried.The smell is kinda funky...like the lipsticks of long ago but not unpleasant. All and all I love this lipstick and will repurchase.