Givenchy Amarige de Givenchy

Givenchy Amarige de Givenchy
Amarige de Givenchy

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My older sister used to wear this and I was obsessed with the smell, I would sneak into her room and just sniff the bottle 😄

This just smells so amazing, like a beautiful and well taken care of woman.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I can't get away from Amarige. It is unbelievable. I've had this bottle and am baffled by it each time I lift the cap. Things run through my mind and I'm not sure. I wonder why I find this so hard to wear, and I wonder how and where I could actually wear it

I have been gifted with this perfume several times over the years. As I have stated in previous reviews, floral perfumes and I don't always get along, and this is one of those florals that I simply don't get along with.

On me this smells sharp, screechy and cheap. The tuberose, mimosa and gardenia mix together to form a high pitched sweet/sour jumble that never dies down. The flowers are all I can ever smell in this fragrance, which is a pity, because I love some of the other notes, including plum, amber, musk and tonka. Alas, they are all drowned out by the flowers, and the flowers themselves remain high pitched for the life of the perfume.

On my perfume killing skin, this lasts a good 6 hours, becoming a skin scent after 4. Sillage is moderate as long as you don't overspray. Luckily I have a friend who smells really good in this fragrance so I've always been able to find it a good home.

on 10/31/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh, I wanted to like this. I keep going back trying to, but yuk, too overwhelming, too gardenia. Makes me nauseated.

on 7/22/2016 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Smells like old lady ! Mad me nauseous . Horrible !!!!

on 6/26/2015 7:23:00 PM

I remember this delicious fragrance, so delicate and sweet. I had the companion lotion as well. While perhaps not the most long-lasting fragrance, it certainly was feminine and reminds me of the spring.

This has been one my staple fragrances for years. I usually receive compliments when I wear this. It is a beautiful fragrance and as it fades, still smells amazing. It can be strong so do not over apply! The bottle is beautiful and looks fancy and expensive.

on 4/3/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I almost didn't buy this, because perfume expert Luca Turin gave it such a low score. I find Turin's often wrong though. So when I encountered a tester bottle, I gave it a try. Wow, Amarige is gorgeous. It's a sweet floral bursting with gardenia and tuberose. According to Susan Irvine's book The Perfume Guide, it also includes the following notes:

Top Notes: Plum, Tangerine, Orange Flower, Violet, Rosewood

Middle Notes: Cassis, Gardenia, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, Tuberose, Orchid, Acacia Farnesiana, Dried Red Fruits

Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Cedar, Cashmerande

Amarige is very bold with a lot of silage. While I love it, it's possible to over do it. One or two sprays is all you need. More than that and you'll overwhelm people. That said, it's very long lasting. I have the toilette, and it lasts all day on me. Anytime I want to feel very dynamic and feminine, I reach for Amarige. It really makes you feel like a woman. It's not for people who only wear quiet perfumes though. Even in tiny amounts it's a bold fragrance. For a barely there perfume, I suggest Cashmere Mist or Green Tea.

on 12/29/2014 2:44:00 PM

This is Jessica Simpson's favorite perfume (Teen Magazine, February 2002). This smells really really nice. I love it! :)

on 9/27/2014 7:54:00 PM

I have always like this fragrance, but have only smelled it in a tester. Yet my husband gave me a bottle for my birthday this weekend. It was a nice surprise. I hope to receive lots of compliments- to me it is lovely and unique.
He purchased it at Walgreen's and probably over paid 50$. We live in a small town, and I do not remember seeing it at TJMAXX.
I am in my early 40's- I don't want to wear an over trendy fragrance. But I also I do not want to date myself by wearing old favorites- Estee Lauder and Elizabeth Arden.
I have Red Door and White Diamonds which I find are too recognizable- and opinions are strong.
Amarige feels more unique.
If I receive a few positive comments- it will become my new go-to- as it seems seasonless to me

Popular Fragrances