Costes by Hotel Costes

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
No Image

3.8

on 4/20/2009 7:24:00 PM

2012 : I love this scent now - I didn't like it in 2009 . Spicey , aromatic yet cleanish and soapy ,ambient and quite soothing. Lasting power is mediocre but the scent is uber chic .

on 11/7/2007 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The spicy/cinnamon-y/clove-y opening is my least favorite part of this scent, and luckily for me it only lasts 15 minutes or so. As the spice fades, I am left with just the perfect combination of incense, sandalwood, and musk. I prefer this to Tam Dao, which is too dry and too straight sandalwood (not to mention how fleeting it is) for me. I get decent skin scent lasting power with Costes. I like both this and 10 Corso Como, which I find similar. Inspired by laphenix's comment, I'd agree Costes is the sister to 10 Corso Como, but I'd describe Costes as friendlier and more approachable rather than quieter. (10 Corso Como's musk is much more aggressive on my skin.) And I don't find this scent too masculine at all, but perfectly unisex. Notes include: laurel, lavender, coriander seeds, white pepper, rose, incense, wood, musk.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I may end up getting a decant of this one. I don't think I need a FB of it but it's very pleasant and wearable. It is not a strong fragrance, it stikes me as a thinner, more skin-close cousin to YSL Nu, with more laurel. I definitely kept resniffing my arm during the day. It's a spicy, herbal incense and woods scent that is very nice. Lovely presentation, too. I already have YSL Nu in the EDT and the EDP, body cream, so I don't believe I *need* a full bottle of Costes, but a decant would do very nicely. Definitely a unisex scent.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I really enjoyed this fragrance (thanks Razzy!) It's the first scent I have tried that has a truly beautiful lavender top note that doesn't smell like air freshener. Costes is a lovely blend of lavender, woods and soapy spices on me, with a touch of rose mixed in. (There is some incense, but it is very light.) It's a lovely mellow, spicy scent to wear in the autumn. I can't give it full marks though, because it only lasted 3 hours on me. Still, definitely worth looking for a decant!

on 3/4/2008 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This would make a nice home fragrance...it's a quiet mix of potpourri and incense. It has a brisk sportiness at first spritz and then it mellows down to a creamy cedar. I don't mind smelling this in the air...I wouldn't wear it as a perfume - too masculine overall.