Weleda Iris Cleansing Milk Classic

3.3

on 7/31/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i ordered this online and i thought i was getting regular formulation (which i've used before) but ended up with this Classic one instead. right away, the smell is stronger, more alcoholic. the vapor stings my eyes a bit. it's also more of a liquid than the other formula.

i tried putting it on my face to remove makeup and it seems to absorb into the makeup, making it impossible to rinse off. i tried using this on a bare face and it works better but leaves my cheeks feeling tight with redness.

i feel bad throwing away the bottle. like throwing $14 away...

This is more of a toner than a cleanser. I love it; but I'm not relying on it to remove make-up, or oil for that matter. I use it at night after I remove my makeup. I massage it onto clean dry skin and then rinse off with cool water. I find that it evens out my skin tone and keeps me from getting greasy. Other cleansers I have used for oily/problem skin have left me flaky, greasy and blotchy, but this just leaves me with a youthful glow. It is VERY watery, and when I splash it out of the glass bottle I always feel like I am using aftershave- it is an unusual product. I have used up my first bottle without any irritation or break-outs and the only drawback, really, is that it doesn't break up oil. After using it at night and applying nothing else to my skin I will wake up with a greasy T-zone. If I try to cleanse with the Iris classic I wind up with a greasy film all over my face that I can scratch off like cheap lotion and can't rinse off with water. In spite of this, it is a great product to have in your arsenal if you have tempermental/oily/sensitive skin. For me it has replaced a much more complicated, expensive, and less effective nighttime routine. For the price it is worth a try.

on 3/5/2004 11:37:00 AM

I tried this product because Weleda doesn't test on animals (I try to use as many untested products as possible). So far it hasn't broken me out (unlike other brands). It's a bit oily and you can't use it on your eyes. It removed the sunblock and loose powder I usually wear without a problem. A bit difficult to get out of the bottle but worth it.