OPI Blushingham Palace

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

on 3/7/2010 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am wearing Blushingham Palace right now while I am doing this review. For some reason it has been sitting with all her sisters for a while but I haven't give it a go. Every now and then I will pick up this bottle and have a look and said "I will give you a go" and then for some reason, I put it down and put on a different color. I don't think it's fair on her so I decided to put it on tonight. It's very frosty and shimmery. It's definitely dusty rose/pink with a bit of mauve tone in it. Application is so easy but I do agree with some viewers, this is more granny color to me which at this moment, I am not one yet. But I don't mind wearing it to work but not for a girl night out. It's from the British Collection and this is one of the few colors that OPI still make. Probably because it has to satifsy their granny clients. Anyway, at least I give it a go and may be I will put it on again after 10 years and see whether I will grow to like it. I am not saying I am disliking this color but it's not one of my favourites.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Totally agree with mudpie1964 - this is a very old lady shade of frosted rose petal pink. It's too 80s throwback for my taste, but nevertheless it is a pretty colour. Application is excellent, as with all frosted OPI polishes, although it is somewhat watery and requires two shades for even application.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

What a great "Grab them but don't push them over the top" shade!

I've failed to admit i'm 30+ and still very much like those "grab them by the throat" type colors, but some little voice scolds me I'm going to turn into that old lady with fuschia lip stick so I try to find some king of middle-ground compromise. This totally fits the bill.

It's a medium-to-dark pinky-purple with high metallic/shinyness. Yes theres definite purple in it, but its a rare breed of "Office-Friendly Purple" because the pink reigns it in abit.

It's definitely up there on the girlyness factor and just an overall fun shade without the "teeny-bopper" nor "las vegas stripper" effect.

Definitely one of my top OPI pics, applause for OPI (who i'm failing to mention deliver just such quality formulas that any time I stray I go running back begging forgiveness - OPI = holy grail of polishes!)

on 10/2/2007 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Beautiful pink with some purplish undertones. It is shiny but not over the top. Perfect for either going out or work. I love the color. The texture is smooth and easy to apply without streaking or clumping. The pigmentation is good. Two coats work well. It is long lasting and durable with average use of hands. (In other words it probably wouldn't hold up long if you were building houses or washing dishes for a living.)
The price is more than the drugstore polishes, but you can buy at a discount online. It is well worth the extra $. If I ever use this bottle up I would definitely purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's so hard to apply this color, esp. with the new pro-wide brush! Ahhh I gave up with this. It's a pretty color, but I guess not for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Very pretty colour. Not too loud and distracting, more on the subtle elegance side. It is really shimmery, kind of frosty, but highly pigmented as well, not sheer. I have cool-toned fair skin and this shade looks great on me, would most definitely work for a wide range of skintones, though. Okay to wear all year long. Great consistency that makes for easy application.

on 10/1/2004 4:20:00 PM

This is a gorgeous lilac frost. There is also a hint of dark mauve which is subtle, but distinct. Another absolutely awesome color from OPI.

Popular Polishes