REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip

REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.5

on 2/6/2013 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color is gorgous. But I can not stand the taste of it. Yuck. Just make me want to puke.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What's particularly great about this lipstick is that it is sheer and also buildable. I like bright lipcolors but a lipstick like NARS heat wave I would only wear at night. This is a perfect bright daytime lipstick, because it's creamy and sheer (although you can add layers to make it brighter). Like most revlon lipsticks it has a plastic smell and taste, and like creamy lipsticks, it's not very longlasting. But, it's easy to wear and cheap. Be warned though, this lipstick oxidizes VERY pink. So it sort of alternates between an orange and a hot pink.

on 4/9/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up orange flip after reading so many reviews and watching youtube. I love the color, on my pigmented lips it shows up as a nice bright orange/red. The packaging is a nice solid plastic my biggest issue with this is the scent and taste; so many commented on how it reminded them of their moms or grandmothers, well, my mom didn't wear anything that smelled like this so there isn't any nostalgia here for me and I am pretty sensitive to scents - my husband said I smelled like old lady and wouldn't kiss me. There is also a strange taste, in the end this was the color is I wanted but could not get over the scent and had to return it.The color is so pretty and it has nice texture, if you can find it on sale it's not a bad price...I wouldn't pay more than $5 for this. If you are like me and want a nice orange/red you could give Mac Morange or Bite in Zinfendel a try, they are a little more pricey but no funky scent or taste.

on 9/8/2010 7:01:00 PM

May I ask where can I buy this lipstick in Vancouver, Canada? I cannot find this one in a lot of drug stores.

on 7/31/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is seriously one of my all-time favorite reds. This really suits anybody with a warm complexion. I am NC25 with naturally dark lips, dark eyes and dark hair. This color complements my coloring REALLY well and makes me feel so confident. I don't pull very much orange from it (my lips are more brown) but it becomes a gorgeous bright red that gets noticed. I wear it in varying layers depending on the time of day and occasion, but I use it all year 'round. Some might find it to be a warm-weather color though.

Unlike my yellow self, my mom is pink-toned and brown-haired and this did not suit her at all. So I only recommend this for women of a warm complexion! I just hate how hard it is to find in stores.. The moondrops formula might be in the process of being discontinued. I hate the plasticky perfume fragrance, but overall it's a great find. Comparable to MAC Lady Danger!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Saw this lipstick on youtube vlogger The Happy Hair show. Love the shade and managed to purchase from the states as it is not available in the UK. I love it and can't wait to style with an outfit in the summer

on 10/8/2012 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I never would have guessed a reddish tangerine lipstick would look great on me, but I found this on clearance and took a chance, and it's now one of my favorite colors of all time. It's so bright without being obnoxious, and on my lips it's pretty close to true orange with a warm red tone, and it's satiny without any frost.

Like all the other Moon Drops I've tried it feels fairly moisturizing, not the smoothest but less dry than Revlon's Lusterous line. Plus I've always been a sucker for the green tube of Moon Drops. But this is the one color out of all of them that I now can't do without.

on 6/20/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: Wet 'n Wild Purty Persimmon is a more pigmented matte dupe of this, I've already swatched them on my hand and lips. Sorry for no pics, but take my word on it.

I look so bright and happy with this lipstick, so much better than any red I've tried. This is the 'red lip' effect/look I've always wanted to be able to pull off, even if it's from an orange. Red looks so clownish and is hard for me to pull off unless it's very sheer. I guess I've always wanted orange lips then, lol. For color combinations, I pair this with Wet N Wild Brulee, a matte brown crease shade, and light peach-coral blush :) Easy and trust me, you will just look so happy and radiant.

Here in Australia, this lipstick comes in a beautiful old fashioned gold tube. The lipstick smells vaguely of violets, which is really nice in an old-fashioned sort of way; the smell and packaging remind me of the type of make-up my mother used to wear in the early 1980s. This is really beautiful packaging for something you can buy at the drug store, I really like the packaging. In Australia, this lipstick costs around $25, but that is still $10 less than a MAC lipstick here (we get robbed here, everything is so expensive for no reason -- actually, it's because of the stupid import tax, which also raises the price of locally made cosmetics because of competition).

Now on to the lipstick itself. The colour is pretty much a dead ringer for MAC "Morange". But the wear of the lipstick is longer -- it leaves a stain when it wears off -- the texture is creamier, and the sharp slanted shape of the lipstick in the tube is useful for lining your lips. I have almost no complaints about this beautiful, fiercely bright, extremely pigmented, orange-red. It fulfills all of my retro quirks when I'm feeling retro quirky.

The only problem with "Orange Flip" is that I'm Asian and when I get tanned, I tan orange and then turn brown and then peel... well not really brown, more like the colour of woodland mushrooms. This basically means that in the dead of winter, my skin is very pale with a slight green undertone. Now that I've made myself sound like some sort of space creature, what I'm trying to say is that I have an olive undertone that (most of the time) leans towards the cool side of the skin colour spectrum. "Orange Flip" makes me look really, really green. I have to wear this lipstick with quite a bit of make up in order to make it work. It's not like NARS "All Night Long", a purpley-rose gloss, that I can simply throw on with no concealor or blush and waltz out the door in the morning.

"Orange Flip" is a fussy colour, so if you're olive-skinned, you might want to see if you can pick it up when you have cupons so that you don't spend too much money. This tube of lipstick will probably last me a long time because I'm not going to use it often. But I will be eagerly investigating other lipsticks in this line.

My best friend recommended this lipstick to me when I went on a tangerine/coral kick. Her Mimi's friend has worn it for decades and used to send my friend to the store to get it for her. I am in love. It has a very unique smell that is WONDERFUL to me, although I'm sure it's not universally loved. It smells so powdery...like powdered violets, or some other type of white flower. I love the green tube, and the overall quality of the lipstick is beautiful. A couple of years ago, I never would have gone for anything "orangey" at all, but now I'm more open minded about potential lip colors. This is more red on me than tangerine, but man it's beautiful, and I'll be wearing it at my best friend's wedding this coming weekend! Wing!