L'Oreal Paris Colour Juice -Royal Raisin

4.5

on 12/18/2003 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

One of my all time favorite lip gloss shdes. LE? Oh why?! Perfect taupy nude; no pink at all, but for some reason, I don't look dead in it. Signature fruity scent, nice sticky texture. I love it. I like to apply all CJ with a lip brush.

Have you ever noticed I never review things I don't really like? I mean, I feel like that's a mean, hurtful thing to do. A poor little product doesn't mean to suck, it just does. And it's not nice to point out it's shortcomings. It's hurtful, and makes me cry. This is totally irrelevant to anything else I have to say about this thing. I just bought one, and it's a nice, kindly little product. Very cute and plays well with others. It called to me, I felt it's lonliness, and brought it home with me to become one with my lips. Now..it's not flavored, which has caused me to remove 1 lippy. Flavor is a huge thing with me..I'm VERY deranged and MUST insist on edible lip products. But like I said, I was at the store, I'm walkin' by..the thing is like "pleeeeeease" (in this TINY little sad voice..TINY TINY voice) it's like "pleeeeeeeease take me home..it smells bad in this store" and I'm like "do ya taste good?" and it's like (tiny voice again) "noooooo." and I'm like "wow..you can't help it, and I feel bad for you." so I bought it. For like $6.00. Yipe. I am a cheapass, so I don't like $6.00 things. I feel like I'm cool if I get something cheap. Some of y'all might be like "WTF??? $6 is cheap!" but like I said, I'm a cheapass..not a dumbass, so $6 is pushin' it. Anyhoo...so I buy it, give it a kiss, and VOILA!! I have that super "glossy-magazine-page" look, except it's on my MOUTH! WOW! I know..I get waaay too excited by little things. Smells great..very sweet and pleasant, like something I can't describe...not candy, not chocolate..maybe some wacky perfume thing or whatever. It smells good...OK? Just trust me. Now..here's another problem with my new friend. (God, I HATE being so negative here!) but I really don't get much actual COLOR out of this, which has caused me to subtract yet ANOTHER lippie. (I am truly a evil, horrid woman) I mean, the shine is glossy and all sexy like a 1978 disco ball..but I really don't get much COLOR. I mean..why don't you read some of these other reviews. Someone here has undoubtedly said "wow! the color is great!" well, that person isn't me. I don't get much color...but do get lots of shine. Now...I could've purchased a much cheaper clear gloss and ended up with the same result most likely. But I can't turn my back on someone needing my help. (tiny voice again) "pleeeeease" oh God..doesn't that break your heart? *raises hand to brow in woeful pose* so I am glad I bought this little guy, he is sweet...SLIGHTLY colored, but not really hardly at all on me, and prettily scented. A weeeeeee bit sparkly too. Very nice little added bonus there. So..go buy one. Love it. Cherish it. Invite it to your ceramic flat iron party.

on 8/14/2003 12:34:00 AM

This Color Juice is a very pretty lilac nude, the lilac is nearly impossible to spot once applied though. I used it with Rimmel Tiramisu Liner today and the result was beautiful. I don't think that this is my favorite CJ, but it is a wonderful lip color when you have a more dramatic eye. I love the scent and formulation of CJ's(they all smell the same to me) and they never ever fail to make my already full lips look even more plump and give them a slight "bee sting" effect. Really a pretty shade, that is a great little addition to my CJ Collection.

on 8/12/2003 12:59:00 AM

I recently discovered these little drugstore gems and am so impressed. Royal Raisin is a high shine, gorgeous nude gloss with a touch of brown and a touch of lilac thrown in. It has a slight white undertone making it a teeny bit opaque, and has gold shimmer that will not feel gritty and can hardly be noticed upon the lips. Very unusual color that goes on very sheer and natural- the true color is brought out best by using foundation over the lips, then applying a pink brown lipliner. On bare lips you may not see much color. The pink really comes out on my skin tone when I do the extra work. Sadly, it is a LE but I would definately repurchase.

on 8/8/2003 1:16:00 PM

This is my first Colour Juice and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a lipstick girl and I rarely ever wear gloss. I normally like to wear bright reds and dark colors, so this is a real change for me. But I have to say that this looks so pretty on. It makes my lips look so much fuller! I like the smell and the texture and the gloss doesn't bleed out of my lipline. It hasn't made me break out around my lips either,which I've experienced with other glosses. I found the color to be true to the other reviewer's descriptions (my lips aren't very pigmented) and it looks good with my PPP coloring. The only way I would like it more would be if it was a darker color. I will be buying more shades of Colour Juice!

This is one of my favorite colour juice tubes so far. I got this one with that Walgreen's deal they were having.. 2 for $5.49. This one seems to have a little bit more pigment than the other shades available. It is kind of like chai MAC lip glass, but a little bit more transparent.